• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
CL-oFDsWUAAEJpy.jpg

poor man has no idea where he is...
Belgium's biggest newspapers are reporting that De Bruyne is almost certainly going to Man City for €67m or just under £50m.
we never gave him the chance he deserved at chelsea, so sad...

El Topo

What a ridiculous fee for him.

Young, extremely talented, played an incredible season, important part of a great national team, voted best player in Germany in 2015, won titles with Wolfsburg, potentially irreplaceable for Wolfsburg, has a long contract.
€67m seem fairly reasonable. Keep in mind Sterling cost €70m and Rodriguez close to €80m.

Edit:
I love the little jab against City by Hecking.

Tubie

Liverpool could win this league. I really believe this.

After this weekend, it is clear to me that none of the top 4 in England would make it to the top 4 in Spain right now.

Madrid Barca Atleti Valencia Sevilla > all EPL teams I saw this weekend

Lyng

After this weekend, it is clear to me that none of the top 4 in England would make it to the top 4 in Spain right now.

To be fair apart from Athletico, Barca and madrid the rest of the spanish teams are shite.

None of those things you said are true.

It's been one week, fuck me.

He's English and we like to over pay so Kane could happen, depends how much he trusts our current strikers and the future development of Wilson.

Not that Kane really impressed me this weekend saying that neither did fatty fat fat.

Tubie

To be fair apart from Athletico, Barca and madrid the rest of the spanish teams are shite.

Valencia and and Sevilla could challenge any team in the EPL easily.

Sevilla wins Europa twice in a row and they're shit?

Wanna talk about a small budget team getting results? nobody gets close to Sevilla. Atletico has wasted 600m+ euros in 15 years just to win 1 league. Sevilla has won 3 Europas and made a profit on top of them.

Have you seen how competitive EPL is compared to your shitshow leagues?

The fact that you're saying the top four struggled against other teams is indicative of a poor league just shows off the bubble you truly live in.

Tubie

Probably a troll post when they ignore the results of at least the last 4 seasons.

I don't have to make up how shit the EPL has been in recent years.

DBT85

He's English and we like to over pay so Kane could happen, depends how much he trusts our current strikers and the future development of Wilson.

Not that Kane really impressed me this weekend saying that neither did fatty fat fat.

Just wouldn't make sense if Fathead is indeed going to play every week he's fit and as a striker. Because we won't play with 2 strikers.

Lyng

Valencia and and Sevilla could challenge any team in the EPL easily.

Sevilla wins Europa twice in a row and they're shit?

Wanna talk about a small budget team getting results? nobody gets close to Sevilla. Atletico has wasted 600m+ euros in 15 years just to win 1 league. Sevilla has won 3 Europas and made a profit on top of them.

Yeah Europa League is the league that nobody except spanish teams take seriously.

Tubie

If the spanish teams had to face someone like Stoke they would quit football.

Sure, diminish the Spanish teams just because you know shit about them.

Like I said, let's see how many EPL teams are left in the CL 8 months from now.

Lyng

Sure, diminish the Spanish teams just because you know shit about them.

Like I said, let's see how many EPL teams are left in the CL 8 months from now.

I dont diminish Barca Real and Athletico which are great teams. The rest...not so much.

No idea what is being discussed, but the best league is Serie A.

Fucking hell, Serie A reject Darmian, Ogbonna, and Pelle were the stars of weekend 1

Mista

Banned
Sounds like typical Arsenal. You still need a ruthless forward. Too much of that passing crap.

Yeah typical Arsenal shitty day when they decide to play football for the 1st time

If the whole team were horrible then you didn't really get screwed, did you? Screwed would mean dodgy decisions.

West Ham deserve credit.

"We got screwed" = West Ham screwed us

My post is clear, read it again. If we werent shit they wouldn't have scored as we dominated

Jarnet87

I dont even think we are going for him. So far Van Gaal doesnt seem to want to buy a striker.
I think our efforts currently are on getting Pedro.

God dam was Wayne useless against Tottenham. I couldn't believe how long it took him to attempt that shot, most strikers would have just hit that first time. Feel like van Gaal buying a striker is admitting Rooney isn't good enough anymore, but he also isn't good enough to play the AM/CF role. Honestly if we got Kane I'd prefer Rooney play behind the striker. It would mean Depay gets out of that role and could move to the wing.

Kill3r7

The alleged Kane deal won't happen. The Spurs have no reason to sell because a) he is their only viable option at striker and b) if he has a another productive season he will cost north of £50m(got to love the English tax). Levy will take the gamble and fleece one of the top 4 teams next year. Additionally, why would Kane settle for playing second fiddle/out wide to Rooney prior to the Euro2016.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I see Newcastle has the tickets on sale for their home game vs us on the 29th.

Tempted to go since I only live about 15 miles away

Anth1888

I wonder realistically how long we can keep a hold of Virgil van Dijk I mean, we can't turn down £10million for him surely even with the Champions League windfall (if we qualify). VvD and Boyata have made a great partnership in the few games they've played, hopefully we can get another season out of him.

Meier

City starting 11: Hart, Sagna, Kompany (c), Mangala, Kolarov, Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Silva, Sterling, Bony
City subs: Caballero, Zabaleta, Denayer, Demichelis, Nasri, Iheanacho, Aguero

West Brom starting 11: Myhill, Chester, Dawson, Lescott, Brunt, Morrison, Gardner, Fletcher (c), McClean, Berahino, Lambert

CMEQhdSWwAAET14.jpg

Looks good in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom