• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the 10th home ManU game in a row where they haven't had a single first-half attempt on target. Unbelievable stat. I don't know why I watch them anymore.

norinrad

That's the 10th home ManU game in a row where they haven't had a single first-half attempt on target. Unbelievable stat. I don't know why I watch them anymore.

Haha every team comes to park the bus against United it seems. None of them wants to play football. It's hilarious and gives the pundits and journalists more ammunition to rip into LvG and his team.

Bo-Locks

Absolutely fucking diabolical. The most exciting thing about this game is trying to guess when the next round of ironic cheering will come.

And now Schweinsteiger is crocked. Ffs.

Brinbe

OT crowd was the best part of this one... Sack the man already, stop waiting. Lots of players that need to be cleared out too but LVG needs to go first.

SMH, pen bailed us out... still pathetic. Sheffield deserved a replay.

Pachimari

I really enjoy our match. It is actually entertaining. The only one who doesn't look that good out there tonight is Pepe. Very energetic team performance.

I'm also super happy with Zizou starting Carvajal and Isco at home.

norinrad

I really enjoy our match. It is actually entertaining. The only one who doesn't look that good out there tonight is Pepe. Very energetic team performance.

I'm also super happy with Zizou starting Carvajal and Isco at home.

Benitez was the wrong guy. Everyone saw that from miles away when he was appointed.

Pachimari

Benitez was the wrong guy. Everyone saw that from miles away when he was appointed.

Yeah he was. I still have respect how he have handled himself and the farewell letter he gave. Now I just hope we'll do good by Zidane. :)

[edit]
Man, Sergio Ramos out and Varane in. Zidane makes sense!

Pachimari

I'm a super big fan of Toni Kroos and were before he arrived in Madrid but I think he were the third shakiest player on the pitch tonight. At times his decision making could be slow and too many times the ball were stolen from him from behind because he hadn't anticipated the opponent. He didn't have a bad game but he will need to find his groove and I think he will under Zidane.

Will this stop the dumb Bale to Chelsea/United rumor mongering?

Bale to us (Chelsea) rumours won't disappear until Hazard's future is decided. Roman will play mega hard ball over that to get the maximum fee/deal and that will mean the United rumours will linger because rather than signing players they actually need Big Ed is just desperate to spunk big money on players to help the brand

(Perhaps that would be less necessary if he picked a better manager to replace Moyes)

OT crowd was the best part of this one... Sack the man already, stop waiting. Lots of players that need to be cleared out too but LVG needs to go first.

You know things are bad when people in the crowd don't celebrate a goal because they think it keeps the manager in the job for another match longer. LVG was booed out of OT tonight, it's only a matter of time before he's gone I think.

Yasir

No just get rid of LVG. We dont need to clear out many players.
He got rid of DiMaria after playing him out of position and not letting him enjoy his football. I hope a similar fate doesn't lie for Memphis.

He's playing Martial on the wing and he quite clearly doesnt want to be there. Rooney should be behind a central Martial.

Herrara and Fellaini arent good enough for me.

norinrad

No just get rid of LVG. We dont need to clear out many players.
He got rid of DiMaria after playing him out of position and not letting him enjoy his football. I hope a similar fate doesn't lie for Memphis.

He's playing Martial on the wing and he quite clearly doesnt want to be there. Rooney should be behind a central Martial.

Herrara and Fellaini arent good enough for me.

I really don't like defending the guy, but he's always started like this where ever he's been. He LvG always gets it right. Go ahead and scream for his demise, but that would mean United being on the level of Stoke for the next couple of years.

I'm glad people like you and the likes of Paul Scholes aren't Managers or in decision making positions.

I really don't like defending the guy, but he's always started like this where ever he's been. He LvG always gets it right. Go ahead and scream for his demise, but that would mean United being on the level of Stoke for the next couple of years.

I'm glad people like you and the likes of Paul Scholes aren't Managers or in decision making positions.

Does he really? He almost relegated Barca, isolated top players and was sacked from Bayern with the sacking statement being that his football was the worst thing to watch.

Yet I'm sure someone will cite how his football was the foundation for the next manager. His tactics and his approach to football no longer work.

Moobabe

Oxford - Swansea is definitely the most entertaining game of the weekend so far.

Was quality - great result for Oxford as well.

Watching Chelsea vs Scunny now - disappointed in the Chelsea lineup though. Did we need to play almost the exact same 11 that played against Palace? We've got quality young players sat on the bench every week just stagnating.

norinrad

Does he really? He almost relegated Barca, isolated top players and was sacked from Bayern with the sacking statement being that his football was the worst thing to watch.

Yet I'm sure someone will cite how his football was the foundation for the next manager. His tactics and his approach to football no longer work.

He did not get Barcelona almost relegated, and his style of football works when you have the right players who fit into that system, he's too players away from that. United could still win the league.

The only problem is LvG himself, he some how always ends up picking a fight with management.

I can't believe the shitty team Guus has put out today. I get he wanted to build up confidence in the first team but azpili fractured his cheek bone last weekend why the hell is baba not playing? I don't really give a shit about watching Oscar Ramires, pedro ahead of kenedy, traore and RLC today.

Zouma is pretty great though

Mafro

18 months in and he's taken the team backwards and on their worst run of form in years and playing the worst football I've ever seen them play. I like the guy, but it clearly isn't working for him at the club. I think he underestimated the Premier League and really don't think he's suited for modern day club management.

He'd be gone by now if idiots like Woodward weren't in charge.

Moobabe

I can't believe the shitty team Guus has put out today. I get he wanted to build up confidence in the first team but azpili fractured his cheek bone last weekend why the hell is baba not playing? I don't really give a shit about watching Oscar Ramires, pedro ahead of kenedy, traore and RLC today.

Zouma is pretty great though

I can understand playing a strong team - I don't think I would have played Rahman, Kenedy, Traore and Loftus Cheek from the start - but certainly Rahman and Kenedy.

The positive thing is that both Loftus Cheek and Kenedy looked lively, pacey and had quality on the ball when they came on.

I'm looking at Spurs now, for example, and they've rested Kane, Lamela, Alli, Lloris and still look a good side. We need to give our fringe players minutes.

Great corner and header from Leicester.

I can understand playing a strong team - I don't think I would have played Rahman, Kenedy, Traore and Loftus Cheek from the start - but certainly Rahman and Kenedy.

The positive thing is that both Loftus Cheek and Kenedy looked lively, pacey and had quality on the ball when they came on.

I'm looking at Spurs now, for example, and they've rested Kane, Lamela, Alli, Lloris and still look a good side. We need to give our fringe players minutes.

He doesn't have to pick all of them i'd have been satisfied with 1/2 but Baba cost £20m~, I don't think he even really counts as "one of the kids".

We won though, Costa and RLC, which was good. Also worth point out Ramires, Pedro and Cahill weren't even particularly very good

It'd help if their was a better system in place to bring through players from under 21 teams to the first team. It isn't unique to Chelsea it is endemic to the league. How is a 16 to 19 year old suppose to get enough experience playing against those who are in their physical prime when first teams have pressure to win and the regular football they can get is against teenagers who are still developing.

Moobabe

He doesn't have to pick all of them i'd have been satisfied with 1/2 but Baba cost £20m~, I don't think he even really counts as "one of the kids".

We won though, Costa and RLC, which was good. Also worth point out Ramires, Pedro and Cahill weren't even particularly very good

Rahman is "Squad" which is rubbish because having a left footed player at left back is an attacking threat - both of our goals today came from Brana and Azpi crossing the ball into the box. Azpi doesn't do it enough though - naturally - given that he's right footed.

It'd help if their was a better system in place to bring through players from under 21 teams to the first team. It isn't unique to Chelsea it is endemic to the league. How is a 16 to 19 year old suppose to get enough experience playing against those who are in their physical prime when first teams have pressure to win and the regular football they can get is against teenagers who are still developing.

This is just it. People criticise Chelsea for having so many players out on loan - but how else are these guys going to develop into first team footballers? Stuck in the Under 21 teams? Playing against kids and people who are coming back from injury?

Yes teams like Barcelona could bleed players in over the years - but they dominate the league every year anyway. But even now they signed 77 players as soon as the embargo lifted, and their front 3 is worth 200m+.

The issue in the PL now, though, is there are no easy games. Are you going to rest Fabregas to play RLC? Or drop Hazard to play Kenedy? It's a really tough situation.

Oh man felt so good when RLC scored. That guy needs more minutes. Can surely start instead of Ramires or even Matic.

Matic is the sort of player I would build the squad around (as well as TC, Zouma and Azpili), he should either start next to Matic instead of Cesc if we want to play him deeper or he should play instead of Oscar and put him behind Costa.

Oscar pisses me off and I'm starting to get tired of his shit, so RLC replacing him is fine with me

Matic is the sort of player I would build the squad around (as well as TC, Zouma and Azpili), he should either start next to Matic instead of Cesc if we want to play him deeper or he should play instead of Oscar and put him behind Costa.

Oscar pisses me off and I'm starting to get tired of his shit, so RLC replacing him is fine with me

Yeah Oscar is either very good or very bad on a day. Its baffling that De Bruyne was sold because Oscar was there. But then Oscar showed some great potential earlier.

TeddyBoy

BBC is reporting Danny Ward is being recalled, RIP Bogdan.

Well Bodgan has caused an error leading to a goal in both vis previous two matches so I can see why Ward has been recalled, although I think Ward was doing well in Scotland so bringing him back to sit on the bench will be a bit disappointing.

bjaelke

footballitalia ‏@footballitalia 5m5 minutes ago

BREAKING: Reports #Palermo confirmed the sacking of Davide Ballardini, with Fabio Viviani replacing him on the bench. More as we get it.

Quelle surprise. Palermo with another managerial sacking.

Carbonox

What's a Henri Saivet and why is Newcastle still gambling on Ligue 1 to get out of the relegation zones? It's a parody at this point. We're going to try and sign their children and their children's children too to solidify our Ligue Un future.

sora87

Well Bodgan has caused an error leading to a goal in both vis previous two matches so I can see why Ward has been recalled, although I think Ward was doing well in Scotland so bringing him back to sit on the bench will be a bit disappointing.

I'd start him over safe hands simon

This ballon d'or is an absolute cheese fest. James Nesbitt is such a creepy looking motherfucker too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom