• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Didn't know the Ballon D'or were now. Just tuned in. Messi is gonna win Best Footballer of the Year no doubt.

Do anyone have a list of the awards so far?

Wayne is on salary level wise same as Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo, yet he's not on the same level football wise. Amazing really.

He was just ranked above Tevez in the FIFPro World XI too. Tevez, the guy who scored 20 goals and was a key element in his team picking up the league and cup and getting all the way to the CL final. Rooney on the other hand scored 6 goals in 2015.

norinrad

He was just ranked above Tevez in the FIFPro World XI too. Tevez, the guy who scored 20 goals and was a key element in his team picking up the league and cup and getting all the way to the CL final. Rooney on the other hand scored 6 goals in 2015.

Any manager that comes in when LvG is eventually gone, is also stuck with the guy, you cannot keep a guy on 300k a week on the bench even if said guy is complete shit.

Wayne is on salary level wise same as Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo, yet he's not on the same level football wise. Amazing really.

He sells shirts, I have no reason why but he does. United also still have his image rights so every time he appears on/in something United get paid (I still think Everton make a decent amount of cash off him). Rooney knows he is their current cash cow and wants to get paid. On the other hand Ronaldo, Neymar and Messi all handle their own image rights and can decide who manages them, so they are on significantly more money than what Rooney is.

Carbonox

Shelvey's done. 12m.

Honestly, him and Saivet will improve our midfield. Our center mid is the worst in the league so even my nan would improve this squad. Hopefully this ends Anita and Tiote's careers at the club. Waste cadets.

Carbonox

12m seems an awful lot for Jonjo Shelvey. An awful lot.

Does Colback still feature for Newcastle?

One of my favourite players we've had at Ipswich on loan.

Colback's a starter for Newcastle, yeah. Usually paired with Tiote or Anita and then it all goes wrong. If he had a proper workhorse and/or ball-playing midfielder with him then he might shine a bit more. Depends where him, Saivet and Shelvey will fit in as I'd imagine those 3 will be our first-choice CM's now.

Nyx

Shelvey's done. 12m.

Honestly, him and Saivet will improve our midfield. Our center mid is the worst in the league so even my nan would improve this squad. Hopefully this ends Anita and Tiote's careers at the club. Waste cadets.

And De Jong's, maybe even Wijnaldum's?

Carbonox

And De Jong's, maybe even Wijnaldum's?

Writing's been on the wall for a while now regarding De Jong. Shame, he seems decent but he's so crocked.

As for Wijnaldum, I don't know what McLaren is doing with him. He's not a winger. He should be played behind the striker. Either way he's off in the Summer, no way he wants to stick with Newcastle beyond this season unless a dramatic turnaround happens.

norinrad

Shelvey's done. 12m.

Hahaha i guess i wasn't the only one who thought these two should've been sold long ago.

bjaelke

Caulker on loan? Eh...

Desperate times

uo5ysjJ.gif

Beefy

Caulker's reading of the game is the worse I have ever seen . If Liverpool can some how change it then he will be ok, but I doubt it.

TeddyBoy

Dark times when you're having to loan a player from a championship team

Well he was already on loan at Southampton this season, they just agreed to cancel the loan agreement with QPR and we signed him on loan immediately after.

A practical transfer, he'll be a good backup at centre back for the short term.

Chiclets

Banned
After the Bengals disaster with the reffs the steelers are pretty much being given the win here by the reffs but united are so shit they cannot even take it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom