• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Wiljnaldum needs to fucking stay behind the striker. More influential that way and gets the goals. Mitrovic I really like even though he's incredibly rough. Get a left winger in, Shelvey and Saivet in the starting 11 and I think our midfield has actually improved a lot.

Just need to replace Coloccini and get an LB in and I think we must sneak it through to the Prem for next season.

Carbonox

He's class without a doubt. Mahrez and Payet HAVE to be in the team of the season.

I'm quite curious to see who will be the team of the season for most people. Just over half-way in but I'd have a rough template like this at the moment:

--------------------------Lloris----------------------------
Bellerin----Vertonghen---Alderweireld---------?
De Bruyne-----Payet------Ozil----------Mahrez
-------------------Vardy-------Lukaku-----------------

Maybe? I dunno, there is still plenty of time left but these have all been brilliant performers this season so far.

I'm quite curious to see who will be the team of the season for most people. Just over half-way in but I'd have a rough template like this at the moment:

Maybe? I dunno, there is still plenty of time left but these have all been brilliant performers this season so far.

Monreal's a shout for left back. Also think Alli should to be in there somewhere.

Pachimari

Oh yeah it haven't been mentioned in here, but Mariano Diaz will be part of Real Madrid's squad starting next season. He's a striker.

Jese will have to find himself a new club.

Oh yeah it haven't been mentioned in here, but Mariano Diaz will be part of Real Madrid's squad starting next season. He's a striker.

injury + chances wasted has lead up to this. but i would perfer he go out on loan, to a club like liverpool

GHG

Gold Member

Wenger will probably be interested. Loves an injury prone talented player.

The_Poet

Banned

Bellerin----Vertonghen---Alderweireld---Rose
--------------------Alli-----------Dier--------------------
Willian-----------------Payet------------------Mahrez
---------------------------Vardy--------------------------

Bellerin----Vertonghen---Alderweireld---Rose
--------------------Alli-----------Dier--------------------
Willian-----------------Payet------------------Mahrez
---------------------------Vardy--------------------------

I wonder who you support....

But seriously, no Özil? And I don't think this has been Lloris' best season.

The_Poet

Banned
I wonder who you support....

But seriously, no Özil? And I don't think this has been Lloris' best season.

I don't think any keeper has really been stand-out this season but Lloris has saved Spurs a lot of points already and Spurs have the best defensive record, hence the picks at the back.

Ozil benefits from a lot of hard work from the players around him while Payet, Willian and Mahrez have been creating things out of thin air and carrying their teams all season.

Meier

Danny Rose has only played in 9 games this season. I think Cresswell or Kolarov is a good choice for LB.

---------------------Butland/Gomes---------------------
Bellerin---Smalling---Alderweireld----Cresswell
Ozil------Payet------Fernandinho----------Mahrez
-------------------Ighalo--------Lukaku------------------

Tough to keep out KDB and Vardy -- very difficult selections in midfield and forward. Butland or Gomes are interchangeable IMO.. Butland has maybe had a little better season but Gomes is doing it with Watford and that is a huge achievement.

Terrified of no Ferna today vs Everton.. that is nightmare fuel. Especially since Mangala is injured so we know Demichelis will be playing the full game with Fernando in front of him.

Arsenal v Liverpool showing the difference of a team that got 1 week vs 3 days rest. Also, Giroud really doesn't look at the races, in a concussed sort of way. Forced subs in this situation should be a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom