• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
11057ora5.jpg

Frustration and exasperation the words of the season

Slight improvement from anger and disappointment, which were last season's

League campaign is a write-off. No goals, no party.

Blablurn

Frustration and exasperation the words of the season

Slight improvement from anger and disappointment, which were last season's

League campaign is a write-off. No goals, no party.
You bought the wrong guys in the summer and before that. Do some good business next summer and Liverpool will be back on track. Even klopp cannot polish a turd right now.

You bought the wrong guys in the summer and before that. Do some good business next summer and Liverpool will be back on track. Even klopp cannot polish a turd right now.
Wrong doesn't even begin to describe our recent business.

We've spent so much on them as well. Assume Klopp has made his mind up on a fair few of them.

Hopefully.

Starting with Mignolet being made our backup keeper. If he's starting for us next season, we fucked up.

Then Lallana needs to be given a picture of a Spitfire and let go. Enrique and Bogdan should be loaded into a trebuchet and fired across the Channel tomorrow. Recoup as much as we can on Benteke in the summer if Klopp sees no future for him. If skrtel isn't happy with being fourth choice, let him go as well (prefer Lovren since Klopp came in)

Beefy

Starting with Mignolet being made our backup keeper. If he's starting for us next season, we fucked up.

Then Lallana needs to be given a picture of a Spitfire and let go. Enrique and Bogdan should be loaded into a trebuchet and fired across the Channel tomorrow. Recoup as much as we can on Benteke in the summer if Klopp sees no future for him. If skrtel isn't happy with being fourth choice, let him go as well (prefer Lovren since Klopp came in)

Do you rate Clyne?

Do you rate Clyne?
Yep. Wastes the good attacking positions he finds too often, but not concerned about having him in the first 11 at all. He's particularly good at stopping counters from our own set pieces, which would otherwise be more likely to result in a goal than the rubbish set pieces themselves :p

TeddyBoy

A great start with giving him a contract until 2020/21 *_*

These are all solid choices, I'd like to throw in selling Allen and Sturridge. Allen for not really fitting our 4-2-3-1 formation anymore and Sturridge since he's injured so much.

King_Moc

Banned
A great start with giving him a contract until 2020/21 *_*

These are all solid choices, I'd like to throw in selling Allen and Sturridge. Allen for not really fitting our 4-2-3-1 formation anymore and Sturridge since he's injured so much.

Allen's ok as backup if he's happy with that. Sturridge has to go though. Liverpool don't have the funds to be able to spend 150k on fuck all every week. Could be paying a world class striker to actually play football for that.

Allen's ok as backup if he's happy with that. Sturridge has to go though. Liverpool don't have the funds to be able to spend 150k on fuck all every week. Could be paying a world class striker to actually play football for that.

Liverpool could probably buy a few players just off Sturridges medical bills.

Carbonox

Newcastle confident of bagging Berahino and Townsend. They're the main targets for them this window. Interesting change of direction for their transfer policy (Saivet aside) but it's the right one (looking at homegrown Prem players).

EmiPrime

Newcastle confident of bagging Berahino and Townsend. They're the main targets for them this window. Interesting change of direction for their transfer policy (Saivet aside) but it's the right one (looking at homegrown Prem players).

Berahino is a bit optimistic. I thought Spurs really wanted him.

LeleSocho

Banned
Beginning of the end for Napoli, not even the time to be praised for legit playing the best game in Italy and Sarri spit out a couple of homophobic slurs to Mancini because of the match lost in the stupid insignificant ass Coppa Italia (I didn't even care to see the match so much that it interested me...)
Two things i have to say about this: The last thing i expected from Sarri after listening to all his interviews was hearing him say those thing, he really seemed a level headed person.
Second one is... really Sarri? Dafuq is wrong with you? Even if you were raised that way (and i can't fault you for that if that's the case) how about some self-control? It was frigging Coppa Italia and for that now essentially screwed up the entire season and the only chance Napoli had to win this long awaited scudetto...

Already sputtanapoli was oiling its gears but now you gave plenty of reasons to shit on the club/city.

norinrad

I think it's pretty simple, he uses those slurs privately as well, time just caught up with him and it ain't pretty being in his position.

Reports everywhere that Alexandre Pato is going to Chelsea. Very odd signing. It doesn't seem like Pato ever recovered from his knee problems and hasn't really dominated in Brazil.

norinrad

Reports everywhere that Alexandre Pato is going to Chelsea. Very odd signing. It doesn't seem like Pato ever recovered from his knee problems and hasn't really dominated in Brazil.

His currently club was eager to let him go as they could no longer afford his wages. Chelsea could be stuck with him for a long long time and they can afford it too :p

His currently club was eager to let him go as they could no longer afford his wages. Chelsea could be stuck with him for a long long time and they can afford it too :p

Cant be any worse than Falcao and perhaps Pato will time his injuries so he is available when Costa isn't (unlike Remy).

If Remy and Falcao do go this month I really hope we use Bamford as our third striker. I know he isn't some sort of superstar but I think he can do a job for us and doesn't have the same injury problems, I don't see how it could possibly be a bad thing for us to give him a chance off the bench, he might even fucking surprise us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom