• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Can we just get time keeping taken out the hands of referees already? Or at least do it how Rugby does it? Stop the clock when the ball is dead.

Humidex

I'm please with that Austin buy...now lets see if we can hang on to the rest of the squad!

(except for Gaston, he's probably never going to fit in the Premiership.)

Couldn't really afford to drop any points today but at least the players showed some fight to come back, now if we could learn to defend then scoring 2/3 goals at home might actually net us some proper points.

WOW! Almost a min overtime and offside, ref is a joke.

Offside and in the 9th minute of 7 added on minutes.

Total horseshit.

Complaining about the stoppage time is hilarious. Did you miss Everton scoring in the stoppage time to 2-3 (at this time the stoppage time was already set to 7 min) and celebrating with the fans, and generally taking forever? Have you ever watched football before and seen a goal being scored in stoppage time? A bit more time is usually added. Also your memory is not great, the goal was at 97:53, not the 9th minute of stoppage time. But either way, it's minimum 7 minutes added, not maximum.

At least stick to the actual valid complaint about offside. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the way the ref handled the time.

norinrad

I enjoyed the Chelsea - Everton game. Pedro as usually was shit. No wonder he was a bench warmer at Barcelona.

Everton's celebrations are hilarious, i have a soft spot for them but they need to cut that shit with long celebrations lol

They also seem to lack concentration after 60 minutes.

Complaining about the stoppage time is hilarious. Did you miss Everton scoring in the stoppage time to 2-3 (at this time the stoppage time was already set to 7 min) and celebrating with the fans, and generally taking forever? Have you ever watched football before and seen a goal being scored in stoppage time? A bit more time is usually added. Also your memory is not great, the goal was at 97:53, not the 9th minute of stoppage time. But either way, it's minimum 7 minutes added, not maximum.

At least stick to the actual valid complaint about offside. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the way the ref handled the time.

I only caught the end, was watching a more important game. After viewing the highlights the celebration took almost a minute I will concede that the Ref was on point for that. Ultimately regardless if it was offside Everton played shockingly at the end as they didn't hold the ball, make subs (though I don't know if they had any left to make), faff about and basically run the clock down. They just let Chelsea hit them time and time again they need to watch some Mourinho games and take notes.

I enjoyed the Chelsea - Everton game. Pedro as usually was shit. No wonder he was a bench warmer at Barcelona.

Everton's celebrations are hilarious, i have a soft spot for them but they need to cut that shit with long celebrations lol

They also seem to lack concentration after 60 minutes.

Martinez hasn't realised he isn't managing Wigan anymore, he's still got the same tactics despite having much better players and he refuses to try and grind out results/win games when they are ahead.

Now it maybe considered a noble thing but given the amount of points they are dropping because they go ahead and then don't do the basis of result management is costing them more than refs dodgy decisions.

My good friend supports Newcastle, i've said repeatedly lately that McLaren hasn't lost the dressing room. If anything, they're really willing and I said that they'll be fine. Midweek and today proved I think i'm right. Also said Shelvey is class, he's a player I do like. He's effective. Fair play!

norinrad

Martinez hasn't realised he isn't managing Wigan anymore, he's still got the same tactics despite having much better players and he refuses to try and grind out results/win games when they are ahead.

Now it maybe considered a noble thing but given the amount of points they are dropping because they go ahead and then don't do the basis of result management is costing them more than refs dodgy decisions.

I do agree with this. Still got to love Everton though, the players are really having a good time. They just need to get their shit together as you said. They could easily be in the top 5, but they've been dropping some vital points since the loss against Stoke.

bjaelke

Rodgers: "We thought we were going to sign Alexis Sanchez, and then we got Rickie Lambert."

Bad luck Brendan

Rodgers: "The first year I arrived, Juventus wanted to take Suárez, so we convinced him then to stay."

Imagine they dodged a bullet on that one.

fbtMHFh.png

His what was blocked by Sakho?

MauroNL

That was a blatant red card for Ronaldo, he just kicked him on purpose. Ref probably to scared to give it, he was looking right at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom