• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a day in the premier league.

Norwich 4 - Liverpool 5.
Man Utd lost again.
Leicester back to the top with a win.
Great start to the West Ham/Man City match.
Insane goal by Dele Alli.

Mac_Lane

Di Maria's goals today :

GwYFUv8.gif

AIJK90P.gif

Jorge Mendes (Jose's agent) has strongly denied this fwiw

Don't think that means much at face value. United haven't commented on it, lots of reliable United journalists in with Woodward and co are retweeting it and Jose has done this sort of thing before with both Barcelona and Liverpool.

Either way, we don't know.

Don't think that means much at face value. United haven't commented on it, lots of reliable United journalists in with Woodward and co are retweeting it and Jose has done this sort of thing before with both Barcelona and Liverpool.

Either way, we don't know.

I find it hard to believe Jose would go to such lengths that would significantly fuck over a friend and a mentor in LvG. As much as people don't like Jose, its pretty clear he's an incredibly loyal person.

And tbh Woodward is probably sitting in his $3bn office lapping all this up, they know Jose wants the job, I wouldn't be surprised if it originated from Woodward himself to drum up interest given how often he "briefs" the media

Kuros

I find it hard to believe Jose would go to such lengths that would significantly fuck over a friend and a mentor in LvG. As much as people don't like Jose, its pretty clear he's an incredibly loyal person.

And tbh Woodward is probably sitting in his $3bn office lapping all this up, they know Jose wants the job, I wouldn't be surprised if it originated from Woodward himself to drum up interest given how often he "briefs" the media

Assuming City get Pep would Man U entertain the idea of José? It's hardly a long term choice as he'll do two and a half seasons before exploding as per usual. Possibly leaving a massive mess ala Chelsea.

He also doesn't exactly play exhilarating football which has been a huge issue with LVG.

Assuming City get Pep would Man U entertain the idea of José? It's hardly a long term choice as he'll do two and a half seasons before exploding as per usual. Possibly leaving a massive mess ala Chelsea.

He also doesn't exactly play exhilarating football which has been a huge issue with LVG.

Very people given a shit if your football isn't "exhilarating" if you are winning, which United undoubtedly would do with Jose as manager and its not like United's football could get any more boring

Those 2.5 years could be good for getting them back on track, a manager who knows how to build a good squad (until the board refuse to sign the players needed anyway) and win which United have had trouble with since Fergie left

Stats:

Porto - 2 seasons
Chelsea - 2nd place in 3rd season, 2 Cups, Semis in the CL
Inter - 2 Seasons
Real Madrid - 2nd place in 3rd season, Copa del rey runner up, Semis in the CL
Chelsea - Fired mid 3rd season

How about instead of buying the narrative that writers have to create in order to sell drama, you look at the facts?

This whole Mou's "disaster" in 3rd season is made up bullshit.

Into

What a dumbfuck

So typical Le Arse, give them a chance and they pull down their pants and fuck the chance.

They just do not want it.

Gaal getting fired makes Woodward look bad though.

He doesn't explode after two seasons. And I think he'd probably last longer at United. It's always been a dream job for him.

As for 'exhilarating football' if you knew anything about Mourinho you'd know this is a very false perception of him.

This game couldn't be going any better. With Chelsea and Man Utd seemingly out of winning the league, I honestly wouldn't want that either Arsenal or Man City win it!

Leicester 4 life

I don't think I've ever seen such a bipolar team as Arsenal. The mental breakdowns are hilarious though.

Turok_TTZ

Stats:

Porto - 2 seasons
Chelsea - 2nd place in 3rd season, 2 Cups, Semis in the CL
Inter - 2 Seasons
Real Madrid - 2nd place in 3rd season, Copa del rey runner up, Semis in the CL
Chelsea - Fired mid 3rd season

How about instead of buying the narrative that writers have to create in order to sell drama, you look at the facts?

This whole Mou's "disaster" in 3rd season is made up bullshit.
Dont mention madrid. What u dont see there is how Mourinho lost most of the squad by december. Mou left quite a mess in his last year with us. Ramos, CR7, Benz, pepe, marcelo dislike him a great deal still to this day. Despite the fights, mou stayed on till end of season only becase Florentino loves him so much.

And the reason flo loves him so much is that Mourinho is perfect guy to scapegoat. Because mou is mou, attention is all on him and not on Flo.

In regards to mou 3rd season, i think its more because he is never longterm, Mourinho never seems to last beyond the 3rd year.

Get in Chelsea. After Pellegrini continuing to play Yaya in a position that does not suit him and causes all sorts of defensive problems that made my football weekend.

Edit: But what the hell was that performance from Chelsea in the last 20 mins, are they even working on their fitness any more, ten men Arsenal looked far better.

Moobabe

Well we might be shit this season but apparently not shit enough to lose to Arsenal.

The rise up the table begins, glory glory Guus

The league is ridiculous. Had we beat West Brom we'd be above Everton in the league and just 7 point behind United.

Unbeaten in 7!

But we were shite in the last 30 minutes - didn't control the ball at all. Hazard came on and looked well off the pace, and Remy demonstrated in the 20 minutes he was on why he isn't getting games for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom