• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
True blue

CZgUgV6UEAAs5JG.jpg

The league is ridiculous. Had we beat West Brom we'd be above Everton in the league and just 7 point behind United.

Unbeaten in 7!

But we were shite in the last 30 minutes - didn't control the ball at all. Hazard came on and looked well off the pace, and Remy demonstrated in the 20 minutes he was on why he isn't getting games for us.

Goes both ways. You'd be lower down too if you hadn't scored an offside goal against Everton.

Lunar FC

The league is ridiculous. Had we beat West Brom we'd be above Everton in the league and just 7 point behind United.

Unbeaten in 7!

But we were shite in the last 30 minutes - didn't control the ball at all. Hazard came on and looked well off the pace, and Remy demonstrated in the 20 minutes he was on why he isn't getting games for us.

Don't think I saw Remy actually run once. Jogging to every ball no matter the situation.

norinrad

Looks like the cup is gone for Real. Better concentrate on the Champions league. Modric needs to go back to England. He fits the EPL.

Jarnet87

A week left in the window and United look no closer to making any new signings. In the meantime United are losing fullbacks one by one. pretty soon Louie will have to play a 3-5-2 since we don't have any fullbacks.

norinrad

A week left in the window and United look no closer to making any new signings. In the meantime United are losing fullbacks one by one. pretty soon Louie will have to play a 3-5-2 since we don't have any fullbacks.

The injuries have been massive. Not even a new manager can turn things around. I think one of the factors is when clubs see United or Chelsea coming, they usually put a huge price tag on their players, even if they are average.

United is left to filled the gaps with players from their youth teams who also lack experience.

LvG will probable be fired come Friday, United will be shit for a few seasons after that. A new manager will have to get rid of Wayne. It's an absolute must.

spidye

I really don't want to sound like whiny wuss but juve with the 11th win consecutively and we losing our best defender makes me terrified for the cl games

Lololol you guys spend far too much time focused on Chelsea in here. As if we're the only club in the world to have some utter dickhead fans, you should spend your time focused on your own teams

TeddyBoy

I decided to do a bit of scouting on Alex Teixeira, Liverpool are obviously very interested and Chelsea were reportedly interested and about are about to sell Rameres for £25m so will now have funds to make a bid in the low €40m range which may well be tempting to Shakhtar.

Anyway, rather than watching a goals compilation on Alex I decided to looked at three games of his against varying degrees in quality of opposition. We've got Alex vs Real Madrid [link], Alex vs Fenerbahce [link] and Alex vs Dynamo Kiev [link]. All fairly solid teams which are roughly in the same ballpark as premier league opposition based on their performances in European football.

His game against Real Madrid appears fairly quiet, Madrid are defending well and there isn't much space in the box for him to use his good movement. Madrid also defends deep preventing Alex from using his pace and positioning to break away. His biggest weakness in this game is the amount of time he wants on the ball, he simply doesn't get it against this quality of opposition. Nevertheless, he still scores one goal from open play and second by a penalty.

His game against Fenerbahce is his weakest of the three. Fenerbahce look like they are playing a very high line and look ill disciplined at the back and let Alex through via a lobbed through ball. Alex miscontrols it and ends up pulling the shot wide of the post. He still has good movement but this wasn't his day.

His third game is against Dynamo Kiev who are the second biggest side in the Ukrainian first division and are a regular of the Europa League. Alex has great game scoring twice from open play, using almost Diego Costa positioning in the box for his first goal and then racing past the last defender for a one on one against the goalkeeper. His finish for the second goal is superb and most goalkeepers would be doing well to save this.

So overall he appears to be quite the player and should relatively easily adjust to the premier league, he'll miss chances no doubt and it will take him some time to get used to the new league should he arrive. Will he justify his price tag? I'm not 100% sure, he plays very well for a CAM but Liverpool and Chelsea are both full of players who want to play as a number 10 so it would a bit of a reshuffle to have him fit into either team.

I'd say it's a combination of a dearth of quality fullbacks available right now, a manager who has already spent a shitload and is on his way out and saving funds for the summer.

norinrad

LOL

This is his last chance and Spurs are still paying him 100k a week. He joins a long list of players who wasted their potential.

Malli is staying at Mainz for at least the rest of the season.

I'm kinda happy

Yeah, I'm with you. I think Tuchel's judgement may be clouded when it comes to Mainz players (see Park).
On the plus side, Torres looks pretty neat judging by highlight reels.

Not all Torres are created equal, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom