• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

I hate announcers during penalty kicks. No matter what if it goes in it's a great attempt, if it's saved it's poor.

Edit: Shit performance, but glad to be playing for hardware again.

King_Moc

Banned
Well, thank fuck for that. Terrific save from Mignolet.

I hate announcers during penalty kicks. No matter what if it goes in it's a great attempt, if it's saved it's poor.

To be fair, a really good Penalty would also involve sending the keeper the wrong way. Though I did think Crouch's kick was basically ok.

raven777

CZuvwyTWEAAZr2Q.jpg:large

Pato arrived in London for medical

https://twitter.com/skysportspaulg/status/692340229563420672

Got a feeling he'll do well

Decent move for Chelsea considering Costa is returning to form, so they won't be relying on Pato. And Remy looked absolutely horrendous against Arsenal, like he was trying to force a move by proving that he wouldn't bother putting a shift in when he plays.

Sloosha

Got a feeling he'll do well

Decent move for Chelsea considering Costa is returning to form, so they won't be relying on Pato. And Remy looked absolutely horrendous against Arsenal, like he was trying to force a move by proving that he wouldn't bother putting a shift in when he plays.

yeah, it was a pretty lugubrious display by Remy, although he did suffer a knock early on. But still...

Do you think that Liverpool will meet the asking price for Teixeira?

EDIT: Ramires is gone then.

yeah, it was a pretty lugubrious display by Remy, although he did suffer a knock early on. But still...

Do you think that Liverpool will meet the asking price for Teixeira?

EDIT: Ramires is gone then.

Nope

Tony Barrett says we've not made any bids since our opening £24m offer, and Shakhtar apparently want closer to £38m

That is a huge amount of money for a 26 year old from the Ukrainian League, regardless of our spending power and desperation. Think we'd have to sell Benteke for it to make sense, financially and in terms of the role he'd assumably take in the squad.

£25m for Ramires is great business. Roman, go get me Teixeira ffs.

I will never forget his 2012 champions league semi final goal against Barcelona, it was pure class when the chips were down, he was great then.

I hope this sees RLC move into his spot in the team which it sounds like, Mikel will obviously stay now which is fine as Ramires has gone, still need a couple of players before the window shuts (AMC and a defender) imo

Moobabe

£25m for Ramires is great business. Roman, go get me Teixeira ffs.

I will never forget his 2012 champions league semi final goal against Barcelona, it was pure class when the chips were down, he was great then.

I hope this sees RLC move into his spot in the team which it sounds like, Mikel will obviously stay now which is fine as Ramires has gone, still need a couple of players before the window shuts (AMC and a defender) imo

One of the most incredible goals I've ever seen - down to 10 men, in the Nou Camp, sheer composure.

£25m is great business and hopefully, as you say, frees up a place in midfield for RLC to play a few more minutes.

I like the Pato signing as well. Supposedly £30k a week wages, no loan fee and no transfer fee - plus a desire, I hope, to prove himself at the highest level again - he was a hell of a player for Milan.

I want to see him, Rahman, RLC, Kenedy and Traore start against MK Dons.

RiggyRob

I have trouble believing that figure for Ramires but if they truly got it, good for them -- that is an amazing price.

Chelsea always seem to get suspiciously high transfer fees for the players - £50m for David Luiz and £37m for Mata? I don't think their negotiating team can be that good.

I have trouble believing that figure for Ramires but if they truly got it, good for them -- that is an amazing price.

Chinese teams paying over the odds because they have money to burn. PSG and Bayern (allegedly) had interest in taking him next summer, they wanted to do the deal now and get a big name player.

Also he just signed a new 4 year contract which puts his value up and the three transfers we are doing today: Ramires out, Pato and Miazgo (some American centre back) in all have one thing in common: Kia Joorabchian (however you spell it), perhaps he is negotiating better deals for us or something.

We get good money because we don't need it and are sensible enough to tie players down to long-term contracts as well as taking advantage of clubs that are desperate for one reason or another: PSG, United etc

We should have got more for Mata, though. €45m was too low

Chelsea always seem to get suspiciously high transfer fees for the players - £50m for David Luiz and £37m for Mata? I don't think their negotiating team can be that good.

Clearly you are uneducated in the ways of Marina Granovskaia!

Meier

Chinese teams paying over the odds because they have money to spare. PSG and Bayern (allegedly) had interest in taking him next summer, they wanted to do the deal and get a big name player.

Yaya Toure was linked to a Chinese club at £10m the other day. Fredy Guarin is going to Shanghai Shenhua for around £10m. Obviously Ramires is a little bit of a bigger name than Guarin, but there's only a 1 year difference. £25m doesn't seem particularly feasible but obviously we'll never know.

Or Kia is doing some underhanded shit.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
how long did Ramires have left on his contract? I'm surprised they got so much. he seems like the sort of player that would've just quietly buggered off to some third division Turkish team.

Still worrying United hasn't signed anyone yet. only if they could get a striker to play in front of Shrek.

would you want to give LVG more money?

how long did Ramires have left on his contract? I'm surprised they got so much. he seems like the sort of player that would've just quietly buggered off to some third division Turkish team.

I remember him signing a contract extension earlier in the season, I think his contract was extended a good few years.

We apparantly declined a €10m offer from some Chinese club for Adrian Ramos.

Still blows my mind we didn't sell him. I mean, sure, we need a backup striker but 10m...

la_briola

Chinese teams paying over the odds because they have money to burn. PSG and Bayern (allegedly) had interest in taking him next summer, they wanted to do the deal now and get a big name player.

[...]

Some Chinese team apparently wanted to pay Alex Meier (Fussballgott) ten times his Frankfurt wage.

Yaya Toure was linked to a Chinese club at £10m the other day. Fredy Guarin is going to Shanghai Shenhua for around £10m. Obviously Ramires is a little bit of a bigger name than Guarin, but there's only a 1 year difference. £25m doesn't seem particularly feasible but obviously we'll never know.

Or Kia is doing some underhanded shit.

We just know how to get the best money for our players. Guarin plays for Inter right? Is the Italian league particularly rich? Not like the Premier League is anyway. Perhaps they wanted rid of his wages or the transfer fee, on the other hand we were probably quite satisfied if Ramires had stayed, so its up to them to match our valuation. At 28 with his attributes (can score some lovely goals, can run all day etc etc) he's probably a very desirable player to them

TeddyBoy

I'm about 24 hours too late but yesterday was a massive game for two big LFC players.

Lucas Leiva made his 300th game for Liverpool yesterday, for a man who fans wanted out of the club in Benitez's era it was a massive occasion and it was great we could get through to the final yesterday for it.

Jon Flanagan (aka Scour Cafu), after a 20 month spell on the sideslines, he turned to the starting line up playing 110 minutes of football. It was great to see a scouser return to the starting lineup and provides hope to all LFC youth players they can break into the first team if they are good enough.

Here's a couple of Flanagan's greatest moments since I love these gifs: :p

ConsciousHeavenlyEuropeanfiresalamander.gif

DeadSneakyAztecant.gif

Watching Yaya try to work out if he was going to feign some sort of injury there was quite amusing. As if Barkley could knock him down lolol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom