• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Incredible game wow.

Both sides were amazing, but Messi is too fucking good.

I imagine United will push hard for Pedro after this.

cebri.one

Intense game, however if LE had kept Iniesta on the pitch we would have won the game easily. Sergi Roberto is not good enough for Barcelona.

Not sure if it has been posted yet, but the Eredivisie already has it's goal of the year. If it's region locked: goalie Hansen's last-minute backheel equalizer for ADO Den Haag against PSV.

Edit: I just saw that it was already posted, but got buried in the supercup posts.

Brentford's next home game is postponed because they want to sort out their pitch. They had all fucking summer to do that and they choose now?

We had to play on that shitty pitch on Saturday, it was like sand.

Arseholes. I hope they get a fine.

Meier

Speaking of Brentford.. I don't really follow the League Cup results very closely early on since there are so many fixtures, but this is a helluva stat:

_84829613_84829612.jpg

Ouch.

Man, Stoke signing all these Wonderkids from FM 11. Also, Sky sent me an email offering me Sky Sports back at £12 for 8 months. That'll cover the football season nicely.

omgkitty

Holy shit Sanogo:

Yet De Boer, whose twin brother, Frank, is in charge of Ajax's senior team, expressed his doubts over the France Under-21s international's value to the club.

"I heard Frank say last week that this is one of the best squads with whom he has ever worked," he wrote in Voetbal International.

"However, when I see Sanogo, I still have my doubts. I have still found no qualities with which you can do something.

There was a game or two where I thought Sanogo could be decent. Technically mediocre, but physically gifted enough to just cause havoc in the box.

His career highlight will probably be those 4 goals against Benfica

Moobabe

Just caught up with all the fallout from the Mourinho banning our team doctor stuff...

I don't have much to say that other pepole haven't covered:

1. Hazard goes down and makes too much of a challenge
2. The referee then signals the medical staff
3. TWO people then attend to Hazard
???
4. Mourinho concludes that Hazard was "just tired" and the medical staff were "naive"
???
5. Mourinho bans the first team doctor

The two "???" are Mourinho logic jumps. Had he banned both members of the medical team (as stupid as that would have been) it would have been more fair, also had he fined Hazard or publicly criticised Hazard going down then at least we could say that he overreacted but he did so fairly.

As things stand there is NO WAY he comes out of this looking good. This, coupled with his outright refusal to ever play anyone outside of 13 players, probably isn't endearing him to many Chelsea fans. I just don't understand his angle here.

Just caught up with all the fallout from the Mourinho banning our team doctor stuff...

???
4. Mourinho concludes that Hazard was "just tired" and the medical staff were "naive"
???

The two "???" are Mourinho logic jumps. Had he banned both members of the medical team (as stupid as that would have been) it would have been more fair, also had he fined Hazard or publicly criticised Hazard going down then at least we could say that he overreacted but he did so fairly.

As things stand there is NO WAY he comes out of this looking good. This, coupled with his outright refusal to ever play anyone outside of 13 players, probably isn't endearing him to many Chelsea fans. I just don't understand his angle here.

His angle is the same as it is in every bad game: to divert attention away from a critical analysis of his team's own poor performances, that can be towards the referees, media, opposing team or his own medical staff.

Moobabe

His angle is the same as it is in every bad game: to divert attention away from a critical analysis of his team's own poor performances, that can be towards the referees, media, opposing team or his own medical staff.

I don't buy that this time - this just seems ridiculous.

They were all talking about us in pre season and after the Arsenal game. Trying to deflect from the team to a member of the medical staff (who is extremely well liked by all accounts) can only do more harm than good.

Yeah,you don't redirect attention by looking like a cunt and alienating your own staff

Simply a case of letting his frustration get the best of him in the first instance, and then being too egotistic to apologise, and doubling down on it instead.

???
???

He did ban both people though, not just Eva, but no-one (not even the Premier League Medical group or whatever they're called) seem to have picked up on the fact that Jon Fearn seems to have got the same treatment...

Im not particularly happy with the situation but from what the papers are reporting now this wasn't just one incident which pissed him off, its been building up to it and its just been blown up because he criticised the medical staff publicly.

He was also complaining about the medical team at the end of last season and during pre-season, this isn't a new thing. Although my suspicion personally is that he's pissed off Costa wasn't operated on at the end of last season and then he pulls up with an injury 3 days before the Community Shield.

I like Mourinho's antics. It adds to the headlines and drama outside the game. Imagine how boring it would be if all managers were Brendan Rogers clones.

Mou is always playing games. The more attention he can deflect onto himself or other managers the less pressure on the team. He always builds in a siege mentality into his squads.

EmiPrime

I like Mourinho's antics. It adds to the headlines and drama outside the game. Imagine how boring it would be if all managers were Brendan Rogers clones.

His antics were kind of amusing until he tried to publicly humiliate and make an example of two people on his staff with Eva bearing the brunt of it. That's not going to create a siege mentality or some other bullshit, it's just going to make him hated by his staff.

Fuck him.

Jarnet87

City could be coming in for Pedro, Otamendi is the big transfer saga conjured out of thin air, and van Gaal will never stop trying to get Muller. These are the transfer days of our lives.

Lyng

Mou is always playing games. The more attention he can deflect onto himself or other managers the less pressure on the team. He always builds in a siege mentality into his squads.

Problem is when you throw your own staff under the bus to protect the team, you create a bad tension between staff and players.

It was a stupid move and I am sure it will create problems for Chelsea this season.

GHG

Mourinho wont be at Chelsea come the start of next season.

The man doesn't know how to build a legacy, it's not in his DNA and he's not calm enough to do it.

TrueBlue

It'll be interesting to see Mourinho's press conference tomorrow (?), because he's definitely going to be grilled about this sorry state of affairs.

I mean, the deflection tactics have worked - no one is talking about how poor we were, at least not in comparison to the doctors.

Still, it rubs me the wrong way. The siege mentality doesn't work if you're aiming it at your own club. I can't imagine there's much of a defence force for this.

Honestly I hope Mou apologises or at least allows the two doctors on the bench for City. But, I suppose it's nice to want things.

I'm not one to say get rid of a manager but FSG needs to get rid of Rodgers.

Last season was undeniably disappointing but we did finish second the year before. I thought disposing of Pascoe and Marsh was a bit strange but as The Hitcher said the owners are obviously backing him. If it's another disappointing season then they might review the situation.

Really don't understand why we (West Ham) haven't splashed out on Austin yet. Proven goalscorer in the league and we have one of the best midfielders (statistically) for assists in Europe now. Payet and Austin would be great for goals.

Resign Song when his injury clears a little and winner winner chicken dinner. Song would be close to, if not a free transfer so 7.5 million on average for both is a steal.

Really pleased that Oxford got a good game against Arsenal. It is a shame our academy has produced very little in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom