• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Balague is casting doubts on Villa's move for traore, will be interesting to see how he copes up. Then again Balague was waxing lyrical about Aspas coming to PL

Never seen Traore play but overall La Masia hasn't really been producing big time talent the last few years. Bartra was hyped to hell but he can't defend anyone with size or speed. Which is kinda limiting.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Reckon villa will score?

I don't know whether it'll be a 1-0 bore of a game like vs Spurs or if it'll be close or exciting, like a 2-1 win or 3-2 affair

Reckon villa will score?

I don't know whether it'll be a 1-0 bore of a game like vs Spurs or if it'll be close or exciting, like a 2-1 win or 3-2 affair

As a United fan, I secretly hope Villa put a few past us and Rooney fucks up.

Push along them Otamendi and Pedro deals

Meier

I think Villa will score 1-2 goals today. They've done great business this summer.. a shame that Adama couldn't get in earlier as I'm sure he must not have been able to be registered in time.

Bayern 1-2 HSV

Müller with the 1-0 after 10 seconds, Götze in for Müller in the 89th minute, Diaz scores a free kick seconds later, Götze with the winning goal for HSV in the 94th minute.

This is HSV's year

Blablurn

Bayern 1-2 HSV

Müller with the 1-0 after 10 seconds, Götze in for Müller in the 89th minute, Diaz scores a free kick seconds later, Götze with the winning goal for HSV in the 94th minute.

This is HSV's year

xyrScRf.png

TeddyBoy

I've managed to get two tickets to Liverpool vs. Bournemouth on monday night!

It'll be my first time to Anfield and I genuinely can't wait, now I just have to hope Lollerpool don't show up!

It'll be my first time to Anfield and I genuinely can't wait, now I just have to hope Lollerpool don't show up!

If we drop points I'm blaming you

Not that our home form was much good without you last season :p

Meier

Congrats! Should be a memorable occasion for you. No comment on my hopeful outcome.

King_Moc

Banned

Prepare to be surprised at how ancient the inside of the ground is. Hope you enjoy it though, I need to try to get back there a few times this season.

And Lolerpool will be in full effect, of course. Should hopefully still win though.

TeddyBoy

If we drop points I'm blaming you

Not that our home form was much good without you last season :p

Haha I just hope we win. If Can and Firmino start I'll be really confident then since they seemed to improve the team massively when they came on last week against Stoke.

Congrats! Should be a memorable occasion for you. No comment on my hopeful outcome.

If you hope for a Liverpool win I'll hope Chelsea lose? ;)

Prepare to be surprised at how ancient the inside of the ground is. Hope you enjoy it though, I need to try to get back there a few times this season.

And Lolerpool will be in full effect, of course. Should hopefully still win though.

I'm in the Paddock which is the oldest part as well!

I'll settle for any win :p

King_Moc

Banned
Haha I just hope we win. If Can and Firmino start I'll be really confident then since they seemed to improve the team massively when they came on last week against Stoke.

Can really needs to be in the first team. I like Brendan, but him not noticing obvious stuff like this worries me.

Can really needs to be in the first team. I like Brendan, but him not noticing obvious stuff like this worries me.

How do you Liverpool fans feel about Markovic? Haven't heard much at all about him over the summer or at the start of the season and he wasn't in the squad for Stoke

If you hope for a Liverpool win I'll hope Chelsea lose? ;)

I'm in the Paddock which is the oldest part as well!

I'll settle for any win :p

I don't have a fucking clue what we should do at DM. And the Stoke match didn't help much, since they never even tried getting anything going in the positions our DM would normally occupy.

If Can is there, we gain a lot of comfort in possession and physicality, but he is so cumbersome off the ball and easy to run past. In that case, we need Milner or Henderson to stay very deep, and CBs to push up and sweep up behind him, which I don't think either Skrtel or Lovren are very comfortable with.

Allen is much more mobile, but a physical pushover.

Lucas is injured all the time, and seemingly well out of favour for whatever reason

A base of Milner and Henderson I think neutralises both of their attacking instincts too much, or at least one of them depending which one is tasked with sitting back.

How do you Liverpool fans feel about Markovic? Haven't heard much at all about him over the summer or at the start of the season and he wasn't in the squad for Stoke

He's kind of fucked, plays in the positions where there's the most competition, so he has to impress consistently, which is borderline impossible with his lack of gametime. Has to make a big impact in the cup competitions to have any chance. Personally I'd rather see him around the team than Lallana. Our play just slows to a crawl most of the time that Lallana's involved, since he holds onto the ball for so long (and not in a good way)

King_Moc

Banned

I want him to succeed badly, and he seems to have the tools, but he massively underperformed except for a brief period at RB. Hopefully he gets more chances.

I don't have a fucking clue what we should do at DM. And the Stoke match didn't help much, since they never even tried getting anything going in the positions our DM would normally occupy.

If Can is there, we gain a lot of comfort in possession and physicality, but he is so cumbersome off the ball and easy to run past. In that case, we need Milner or Henderson to stay very deep, and CBs to push up and sweep up behind him, which I don't think either Skrtel or Lovren are very comfortable with.

Allen is much more mobile, but a physical pushover.

Lucas is injured all the time, and seemingly well out of favour for whatever reason

A base of Milner and Henderson I think neutralises both of their attacking instincts too much, or at least one of them depending which one is tasked with sitting back.

Go with Can and concentrate on attack, I guess. But then who do you lose from the midfield? We have too many players that won't be happy without 1st team football right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom