• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I'll be the one to admit it, I wouldn't care at all if it were anyone other than Eva.

I think she's definitely the main reason this is a big deal, but Pep having a go at Bayern's medical director recently was a very big story as well. In that instance, Bayern had very, very well publicized issues with injuries though so one could argue the complaints were justified despite the ugly manner he went about it.

In Mourinho's case, he really has no leg to stand on given Chelsea's lack of injuries is what won them the title last year quite arguably and in this case, the medical team had absolutely zero choice but to attend the player.

In Mourinho's case, he really has no leg to stand on given Chelsea's lack of injuries is what won them the title last year quite arguably and in this case, the medical team had absolutely zero choice but to attend the player.

Lack of injuries had little to do with it especially given how we had injuries to the likes of Costa and Remy on a fairly regular basis which were big problems. We were head and shoulders above everyone else in in every department, theres nothing more to it than that.

Reading around it seems this is the straw that broke the camels back, hes been complaining about the medical team for a while, just because we have a lack of injuries that doesn't necessarily mean the entire situation is perfect (or that Jose is happy, anyway) especially given our one big injury concern is Costa who they chose not to operate on over the summer and then 3 days before the Community Shield he pulls up with the same injury.

Lets not forget Jose had a row with another doctor/physio over Robben back in '05 and he left.

Im loathe to defend the situation as personally I think its been handled incredibly poorly and gone way to far, but lets not say things undermine the achievements we made last season or things that we dont actually know to be true. He may have overreacted on Saturday but we dont know that he doesnt have more legitimate other issues with the medical team especially as I said that he has been complaining about the medical department for a long while

Meier

They were stupid to run onto the pitch. Mourinho had the right to be angry.

Hazard asked for them to be brought on so the ref summoned them. They'd be eligible for fines if they ignored the request. They had no choice but to go onto the pitch.

If Mourinho had a right to be angry with anyone, it's with Hazard only.

Portugeezer

Hazard asked for them to be brought on so the ref summoned them. They'd be eligible for fines if they ignored the request. They had no choice but to go onto the pitch.

If that is true then I agree with you.

Judging from the post match interview I wouldn't have known that.

It amazes me that people are still going on about it

They've backed him heavily again, so get behind him or stop going on about it.

Please don't tell me what to do.

Last season was undeniably disappointing but we did finish second the year before. I thought disposing of Pascoe and Marsh was a bit strange but as The Hitcher said the owners are obviously backing him. If it's another disappointing season then they might review the situation.

Suarez finished 2nd the year before, not Rodgers

Suarez finished 2nd the year before, not Rodgers

I put much of the onus on the transfer committee, which wasn't able to replace Suarez's contributions in the market. Remove one of the best attacking players in the world, and replacing him with Lambert and Balotelli - it's a wonder those involved are even still employed by the club.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
signed Raul Jimenez, who flopped in Atletico Madrid but was really good in Mexico the years prior to signing for Atletico aparently

my reaction:

108050_emma-stone-whatever-shrug-shrugging-idk.gif

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
hum private video :(

Sky deleted it lol. Must've got a call.

If any of you are curios about the impact Kaka has made on MLS and Orlando City, there is a good bit about him, right here:

https://youtu.be/8krZSPSZSPQ

Kaka is class. always has been. Players like Kaka, Pirlo, Lampard are some of the best players of this generation and it's great to see they're having a positive impact on the MLS. I'd love to see them play as well.

Lyng

Exactly, but Mourinho NEVER puts blame on the players (at least in public). The problem here was he was running out of scapegoats, so the idiot threw his own staff under the bus.

GHG

So what do you guys think about Yaya Toure this season?

Flash in the pan last weekend or back for good?

RagingPhoenix

Neo Member
I see Balague is casting doubts on Villa's move for traore, will be interesting to see how he copes up. Then again Balague was waxing lyrical about Aspas coming to PL

Lyng

So what do you guys think about Yaya Toure this season?

Flash in the pan last weekend or back for good?

Really hard to tell so soon. Give it a few more matches and we will have a clear picture.
Most likely he is back and last season was simply an off season for him.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What time do the Bundesliga games kick off in UK time? 7pm?

EDIT: 7:30 for Bayern v hamburgers and 7:45 for mancs v villa

think there'll be goals?

Nope, thats the truth. Rodgers is a clueless cunt! Haven't seen him do anything "remarkable" after Suarez left

What? What have he done after Suarez left? NOTHING! Face this fucking fact, Brendan is CLUELESS!!

Genuinely can't tell if this is a fantastically accurate parody of the kinds of posts you get on youtube and facebook after a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom