• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
qFVd965.jpg

Merino is official!

Let's hope he can be a good Gündogan replacement soon.

Mhh, Merino
wool
. So comfy.

Let's just dream only Gündogan leaves. However, as for the people whose contract is expiring in 2017: http://www.transfermarkt.de/borussia-dortmund/vertragsende/verein/16/vertragsendeJahr/2017

8nb4XpF.png

Imagine having to replace Hummels, Gündogan and Mkhitaryan in once season. Fuck.

It is of course. They mentioned part of the reason for not signing anyone new in January was that they were going to focus on resigning some of these guys to longer deals. Merino definitely indicates a CM is going.

Well, that's not completely true. Merino should had been a winter signing but Osasuna stalled the deal to keep him for the rest of the season.

And I'm fairly certain we wanted a winger but that failed, too. I mean, look at our squad. The only great wingers we have are Reus and Micky. Castro is terrible on the wing. Ramos is terrible everywhere. Pulisic is pretty much our best replacement on the wings. We are still in 3 competitions, that's just bad.

Well, that's not completely true. Merino should had been a winter signing but Osasuna stalled the deal to keep him for the rest of the season.

And I'm fairly certain we wanted a winger but that failed, too. I mean, look at our squad. The only great wingers we have are Reus and Micky. Castro is terrible on the wing. Ramos is terrible everywhere. Pulisic is pretty much our best replacement on the wings. We are still in 3 competitions, that's just bad.

Januzaj fucked everything. I think Hofmann would still be wearing the Dortmund jersey if it weren't for that useless loan.

Am I the only one who thinks Hazard going to Zenit makes a lot of sense?

Zenit has money
His beast of a Belgian teammate Witsel is there
His old coach AVB is there

sora87

Am I the only one who thinks Hazard going to Zenit makes a lot of sense?

Zenit has money
His beast of a Belgian teammate Witsel is there
His old coach AVB is there

Hazard comes across as a lazy guy, the french league with PSG is probably the best option for him, cakewalk every season

norinrad

Hazard comes across as a lazy guy, the french league with PSG is probably the best option for him, cakewalk every season

Pretty much this. Same goes for Di Maria. Life in Paris would be great for him. I don't see him going to Real unless the European Union development fund is going to be sneaked through the back door by Banco Santander to finance his move.

Moobabe

Not a bad result - PSG bossed it for the first 20 minutes and then most of the second half - we didn't really have any defensive minded options on the bench to change the flow of the game in the second half.

Still - a lot of positives - Willian was good, Azpi demonstrated his worth at right back, Rahman was excellent as well.

Hazard was anonymous again.

Hope Baba isn't immediately dropped when JT comes back, great by him, drop Iva or Cahill. Decent result for us, looking forward to the 2nd leg.

Meier

It'd be very rare for a player to move to Zenit if they had big options elsewhere and weren't Russian. If Zenit or PSG offer the club and the player the same deal, the player will pick PSG 99 times out of 100.

Hazard came to Chelsea when RDM was in charge. He came because they won the Champions League, otherwise he was going to sign for City or United.

The worse the Adam Johnson news gets, the angrier I feel that he leveled against Liverpool. Also I have a feeling Arsenal will be absolutely throttled by MSN. Would love to see Arsene wiggle his way out of this one.

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom