• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's kind of fucked, plays in the positions where there's the most competition, so he has to impress consistently, which is borderline impossible with his lack of gametime. Has to make a big impact in the cup competitions to have any chance. Personally I'd rather see him around the team than Lallana. Our play just slows to a crawl most of the time that Lallana's involved, since he holds onto the ball for so long (and not in a good way)

I want him to succeed badly, and he seems to have the tools, but he massively underperformed except for a brief period at RB. Hopefully he gets more chances.

Hmm interesting. Yeah he seems to have a great amount of potential, has good pace and a superb dribbler. I remember watching a few of his benfica games and he absolutely tore it up there. Was curious since other than Ibe he seems to be your most true winger. Since Coutinho seems better in the middle same with Lallana

King_Moc

Banned
Hmm interesting. Yeah he seems to have a great amount of potential, has good pace and a superb dribbler. I remember watching a few of his benfica games and he absolutely tore it up there. Was curious since other than Ibe he seems to be your most true winger. Since Coutinho seems better in the middle same with Lallana

It's hard to see a situation where Markovic get's in on the right wing ahead of both Ibe and Firmino, or beats Clyne to the RB slot. Especially with Flanagan (maybe?) on the way back.

TeddyBoy

Can really needs to be in the first team. I like Brendan, but him not noticing obvious stuff like this worries me.

Agreed, he at least recognised Stoke overwhleming our midfield in the second half and tried to fix it by bringing Can on.

Rodgers just seems to prefer going for a more aggressive formation and then bringing on defensive options for a draw/win, rather than having a more balanced formation and then going for the win.

How do you Liverpool fans feel about Markovic? Haven't heard much at all about him over the summer or at the start of the season and he wasn't in the squad for Stoke

I'm pretty indifferent, looks decent in flashes last season but won't get as many chances this year.

I wouldn't mind if he was sold for around £12m (so an £8m hit).

I don't have a fucking clue what we should do at DM. And the Stoke match didn't help much, since they never even tried getting anything going in the positions our DM would normally occupy.

If Can is there, we gain a lot of comfort in possession and physicality, but he is so cumbersome off the ball and easy to run past. In that case, we need Milner or Henderson to stay very deep, and CBs to push up and sweep up behind him, which I don't think either Skrtel or Lovren are very comfortable with.

Allen is much more mobile, but a physical pushover.

Lucas is injured all the time, and seemingly well out of favour for whatever reason

A base of Milner and Henderson I think neutralises both of their attacking instincts too much, or at least one of them depending which one is tasked with sitting back.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I'd just add that a midfield two of just Milner and Henderson isn't the best defensively either, they can tackle sure just not at a recognised DM level.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
This match has disappointment written all over it.
That's why I'm watching

grinch-smile.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom