• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

It was completely right to stop the match. What the shit was Schmidt thinking.

And not getting the penalty is just karma

that was definitely not my problem.
the free-kick was 6m in front of the place where the foul was committed, according to sky.

and karma is really how german refs make their decisions nowadays

the free-kick was 6m in front of the place where the foul was committed, according to sky.

That stuff happens so often during a match with throw-ins, free kicks, etc. And nobody gives a shit. Leverkusen are just a bunch of crybabies.

Referee should have spoken to Schmidt and sent him off himself.
Looked like he got Kießling to do the sending off for him.
The ref spoke more than a few times with Schmidt, it's perfectly fine to send the captain in such a case.

Pennywise

4m actually.
Which isn't that much, considering freekicks or throw ins aren't 100% on the place it happened.
No reason to act like a stupid cunt like Schmidt.

The pen is another topic, that was clear.
Anyway, we won with quite alot rotation from the start.
Good job guys.

spidye

That stuff happens so often during a match with throw-ins, free kicks, etc. And nobody gives a shit. Leverkusen are just a bunch of crybabies.

The ref spoke more than a few times with Schmidt, it's perfectly fine to send the captain in such a case.

4m actually.
Which isn't that much, considering freekicks or throw ins aren't 100% on the place it happened.
No reason to act like a stupid cunt like Schmidt.

The pen is another topic, that was clear.
Anyway, we won with quite alot rotation from the start.
Good job guys.

agreed . schmidt should have just shut up and went away. as I said that was not really my problem.

the penalty on the other hand is just typical for german refs nowadays. so many false decisions this year

edit: oh god I take everything back. that wrong call was worth it just for völler's cyring in the sky interview
lololol

Pennywise

agreed . schmidt should have just shut up and went away. as I said that was not really my problem.

the penalty on the other hand is just typical for german refs nowadays. so many false decisions this year

edit: oh god I take everything back. that wrong call was worth it just for völler's cyring in the sky interview
lololol

I expected something like this from Völler, but certainly not from Schmidt.
If he would done it with the pen, it would be something I could understand.
Even though you can protest as much as you like, but have you ever seen a ref taking his decision back in a situation like that ?
Not even with Leverkusens infamous Phantomtor it was done...

Völler is hilarious.
Dude needs some anger managment.

And the pen was clear, but there are so many things the refs are weak on....especially the diving has been pissing me off lately.
The Mainz player last week for example....

V disappointed with spurs result, I don't understand why Poch played the team he did. Such a waste. PL and europa it is!

If you want to challenge for something this season then being in all three competitions is not a good idea. Poch should pick what he wants to win (either CL/title race or EL) and focus on that.

RiggyRob

All of City's experienced players have been shit today. The young players have been well up for it, putting a lot of effort in and the others have been on holiday

From what I've seen Fernando, Demichelis and Zabaleta have been decent but Caballero's just killed them with not saving Cahill's shot straight at him and then doing some sort of fucking crab walk to the goalpost blocked by the wall.

Baffling.

From what I've seen Fernando, Demichelis and Zabaleta have been decent but Caballero's just killed them with not saving Cahill's shot straight at him and then doing some sort of fucking crab walk to the goalpost blocked by the wall.

Baffling.

Just saved a penalty, mate. What have you ever done?

Draw for the FA cup quarter-finals:
Reading vs Crystal Palace.
Everton vs Chelsea.
Arsenal/Hull City vs Watford.
Shrewsbury/Man United vs West Ham.

Pretty much as expected from the City/Chelsea game. Was surprised they held it together for so long. Some players show promise (M.Garcia and Adarabioyo) but most look like championship quality players at best, especially Barker.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...lariously-awful-free-kick-gaffe-a6887311.html

zqbWxqf.gif

Both Madrids drawing today (with an upcoming derby) putting Barca 8-9 points ahead (who have put their toughest fixtures behind them). They're going to have to choke big time to lose the title now.

Baffling.

I would have preferred to have played Angus Gunn rather than Caballero as he is awful. The majority of those goals were keeper errors. Demichelis got worse as the game went on as he usually does, he tried to get a move in the summer to the MLS but I don't think anyone wanted him (who can blame them) and he has been even more shite, wish he did go as Denayer got loaned out as a result of that.

I enjoyed the game as a City fan. The scoreline from when the team announcement was obvious, I was just interested in seeing how the youth team that is suppose to be the weakest teams in the academy would perform against players with real quality. Don't know how Chelsea fans felt about the team put out against them, though I assume they enjoyed the scoreline and Fàbregas being allowed to play.

Blablurn

I heard something that dortmund is like the best 2n place team ever right now. they would be on #1 in like 40 seasons with the current amount of points lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom