• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of ManU players have crap tier skill and determination

Deepay :(

LVG out
Ryan In for the rest of the season
Pls, Mou is waiting for that call. You know you want it too.

NRyAiJo.gif

/oh, shit now I know where ISIS got their one finger gesture from :O

yagal

Phantast2k said:
Pls, Mou is waiting for that call. You know you want it too.

He can build a beautiful team of crying babies with lot of petrodollars but i don't know if he is a fixer

Phantast2k said:
/oh, shit now I know where ISIS got their one finger gesture from :O

lmao

norinrad

At this rate even a none division team could easily whip United. The problem with this stupid team is that you'd never know which United team that is going to turn up for a game.

I hate this fucking booing in football matches. I've been to a few big matches and never understood it. Football fans are fucking scum.

Sometimes booing is stupid. But in Ronaldo's case I just fucking love it that they boo him. I love it. Please boo him. Please chant Messi Messi Messi. It just adds to the show in this case, because if then Ronaldo scores, he'll reply to them in his celebration. Some may call him arrogant because of his celebrations, but I cannot stop loving them. When he puts his hands in his ears, or when he went calma, calma on 100k fucking Barça spectators. If the crowd opens up hostilities, then Ronaldo has all the right to reply to them. It's trash talk, so for me, it's all for fun. It also makes me root for this guy, not just booing in general, but the media also. The press conference with him before the game was absolutely disgusting, I can absolutely understand why he doesn't talk to the press more. 2 or 3 questions related to Messi, the MSN, and his penalty, 2 questions more about his decline this season. What the hell? He just gets bombed everywhere. Then he went and got an away goal, and a classic Ronaldo goal, just to shut those journalists up. I celebrated hugely that goal, as I'm a fan of him.

I particularly loved Portugal vs Northern Ireland. Typically awesome British crowd, booing strongly whenever he touched the ball, chanting Messi Messi Messi. He got 1 goal to equalise 2-2, fans were chanting Messi Messi. Then in 10 minutes he got 2 more, to make it 4-2, got an hattrick, and shut them all up. When he was subbed off, a third of the stadium was chanting Messi Messi again, but 2/3 of it was clapping him in recognition of his performance. Great atmosphere, and a great game by him.

Also: I... I can't even write something.... Manchester United... My god...
https://youtu.be/OtMBo_K4Xrs I miss this Manchester so much.

Thinking about wild ideas, Ronaldo would be a sure bet for Man Utd right now. You know this guy is passionate, and he is about the club and his profession. Even if he only scored like 30 goals a season and gave 10 assists, it'd still be a step up from every player up front right now.

2nd edit: oh man watching that video, Rooney, Scholes, Nani, my god Nani playing so well, welp....

norinrad

Sad thing is I'm not even surprised United lost.

Something has to change. Please. Get on with it.

Rewatching some of the old games, l just realized how they some how manage a draw or a win when Schweinsteiger is on the pitch. He's always coaching everyone around him, while with Sir Carrick United almost always loses because he lacks leadership skills and can,t defend to find his own ass with both hands.

Syder

Thinking about wild ideas, Ronaldo would be a sure bet for Man Utd right now. You know this guy is passionate, and he is about the club and his profession. Even if he only scored like 30 goals a season and gave 10 assists, it'd still be a step up from every player up front right now
He's also been playing through injuries for almost a year now. How much he has left in the tank is up for debate. I don't think Real would want to let him go for anywhere near a sensible price for a 31 year old.

Tubie

I miss the old Manchester United. No matter what, you always had to respect them in any competition. So it sucks to see them in their current state.

In a sense I see Madrid going down that same path of shit, just not as fast. Florentino has done a lot of damage to our club and he's not even done yet.

yagal

Rewatching some of the old games, l just realized how they some how manage a draw or a win when Schweinsteiger is on the pitch. He's always coaching everyone around him, while with Sir Carrick United almost always loses because he lacks leadership skills and can,t defend to find his own ass with both hands.

I+Don't+Understand.gif

norinrad

Way to ruin a career. He knew she 15, what's wrong with some people? With all his money and the women he could have gone out with, he ruined it all by chasing a 15 year old? Didnt it cross his mind he was going to get into trouble?

Beefy

Way to ruin a career. He knew she 15, what's wrong with some people? With all his money and the women he could have gone out with, he ruined it all by chasing a 15 year old? Didnt it cross his mind he was going to get into trouble?

He also tried to make out the girl was lying. The live updates of the case basically shows AJ is a serial liar. "I thought she was a nice girl why would she say them things" in the same interview "we only kissed with tongues" umm which is it? I still think the guy will get a light sentence.

Syder

It's a fetish, that may or may not be caused by some mental problem. The taboo and the risk of getting caught is what excites paedophiles who prey on teenagers who are only just illegal. A lot of people have been asking 'Why didn't he just wait a few months?' but that would have taken all the excitement out of it for him.

The guy's an asshole. He not only committed paedophilia and 'sexual activity with a child'/statutory rape but also cheated on his girlfriend who'd only recently had his baby. I hope the judge throws the book at him at sentencing, he'll rot in prison for a while and won't play another pro football match ever again.

Beefy

Johnson case:

While other matters are discussed - Johnson also told DC Walton in interview that after the second meeting with the girl he kept messaging her to be friendly - as we posted earlier, he wanted to keep her as a friend.

Sure you did Johnson. You wanted to be "friendly" with a 15yr old girl.

What was so "embarrassing" about the United defeat to Midtjylland? I didn't watch the game but 2 -1 with the away goal rule is a comfortable position to be in and considering their form it is quite respectable.

bjaelke

What was so "embarrassing" about the United defeat to Midtjylland? I didn't watch the game but 2 -1 with the away goal rule is a comfortable position to be in and considering their form it is quite respectable.

Midtjylland wasn't exactly playing well last time they played a competitive game - back in December! They got trounced by Napoli in the group stages.

Yaya and a few guys are toast.

Apart from Yaya and perhaps a few surprises I don't think Pep will gut the team, not immediately anyway. There will be players that get dropped by the wayside and players brought in to form the basis of what he wants to do but if his time at Bayern shows anything it is that he adapts to the team he has and tries to create systems that play to their strengths whilst implementing his own ideas.

One of the problems now is there are a lot of players at City not playing to their strengths as they are playing in a set tactical structure that was the same at Villarreal, Real Madrid, and Malaga when Pellegrini was managing at those clubs. Navas for instance comparing the way he played at Sevilla (cutting in, taking on defenders dropping into central areas, causing a nuisance with pace, quick one two touches and not afraid to go for goal) to how he is being used at City (run down the wing and cross) is not using him to the best of his ability even though you can tell why he was a Pellegrini signing. Most players are being used in this manner.

With some of the players they bought in recent seasons it makes me think how long have the management staff known Pep was coming, you don't buy players like Mangala and KdB to then play in a system that isn't to their play style or strengths and certainly not that much money either.

Beefy

Apart from Yaya and perhaps a few surprises I don't think Pep will gut the team, not immediately anyway. There will be players that get dropped by the wayside and players brought in to form the basis of what he wants to do but if his time at Bayern shows anything it is that he adapts to the team he has and tries to create systems that play to their strengths whilst implementing his own ideas.

One of the problems now is there are a lot of players at City not playing to their strengths as they are playing in a set tactical structure that was the same at Villarreal, Real Madrid, and Malaga when Pellegrini was managing at those clubs. Navas for instance comparing the way he played at Sevilla (cutting in, taking on defenders dropping into central areas, causing a nuisance with pace, quick one two touches and not afraid to go for goal) to how he is being used at City (run down the wing and cross) is not using him to the best of his ability even though you can tell why he was a Pellegrini signing. Most players are being used in this manner.

With some of the players they bought in recent seasons it makes me think how long have the management staff known Pep was coming, you don't buy players like Mangala and KdB to then play in a system that isn't to their play style or strengths and certainly not that much money either.

I think the defence will be gutted though.

Well, to be honest, that's a dangerous statement to make, judging from his work at Bayern.

He went to Bayern who just won the treble with a terrific squad. There wasn't much work to be done. Or said differently, Pep would simply not have been allowed to make major changes to the squad. He wanted Neymar and got Götze, Thiago was the only "Pep-player" they signed, also because coaches don't really sign players in German football.

City is a whole different story. It's a expensive and rather underperforming squad, that needs work. Also, the club tries to win a major title in Europe and Pep has more power over signing players than at Bayern. I'd definitely expect more signings at City than at Bayern.

Well, to be honest, that's a dangerous statement to make, judging from his work at Bayern.

He went to Bayern who just won the treble with a terrific squad. There wasn't much work to be done. Or said differently, Pep would simply not have been allowed to make major changes to the squad. He wanted Neymar and got Götze, Thiago was the only "Pep-player" they signed, also because coaches don't really sign players in German football.

City is a whole different story. It's a expensive and rather underperforming squad, that needs work. Also, the club tries to win a major title in Europe and Pep has more power over signing players than at Bayern. I'd definitely expect more signings at City than at Bayern.

I expect him to buy in as well and will have a lot more money to do so but when you see the figures that are being thrown around for players like Pogba and Neymar, or any average player when City gets attached to it for that matter the money isn't going to go far. City can afford to keep a lot of staff on for at least half a season to see what if anything they can do and they have the problems of contracts if the club is prepared to force them out.

The names that are currently getting thrown around are: Neymar, Pogba, Busquets, Alaba, Kroos, Costa, Gundogan, Sane, Xhaka, and basically everyone that is likely to cost at least 30 million without City inflation. How many players out of that list is a realistic amount if any are to be believed? 3, 4. To gut a team when you can realistically only buy in a handful doesn't really make sense to me.

tim.mbp

United were outplayed. It wasn't like Midtjylland parked the bus or their keeper had a brilliant game or anything. Midtjylland deserved the win which is pretty embarrassing for the money United have spent.

United were outplayed. It wasn't like Midtjylland parked the bus or their keeper had a brilliant game or anything. Midtjylland deserved the win which is pretty embarrassing for the money United have spent.

We should've easily lost 4-1 if it wasn't for Romero being a complete beast.

MKHITARYAN: THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING
With a Europe-leading 18 assists in all competitions and as many goals in 2015/16, there is no doubt whatsoever that six-time Armenian Footballer of the Year Henrikh Mkhitaryan is enjoying his best season yet in a Borussia Dortmund shirt.

Watch: Magic Mkhitaryan

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/B...graphic-mkhitaryan-most-assists-in-europe.jsp

/I can't see the video in Germany, but I think it should be this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcTG1teoQGg
(though it shows zero of his assists, lol)

I think Watzke might want to keep him despite of his expiring contract (should he not extend & assuming he's fine with staying for another year). Kinda like he did with Lewandowski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom