• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

respect where it's due
Robben was our best after the 60th min.

too bad pep still can't manage our defense. I'm so fed up seeing the inevitable choking against better sides

Elchele

respect where it's due
Robben was our best after the 60th min.

too bad pep still can't manage our defense. I'm so fed up seeing the inevitable choking against better sides

You lose the midfield and then decide to move our RB to the center of the pitch. What a tactician.

just replace Mueller/Thiago with Rode and be done with it you moronic cunt.

norinrad

I never rated Pep and some of you guys are going to find out at City. LvG won't be there to lay down the foundation for him to just tweak and win leagues with it.

GHG

Gold Member
Wenger just cant get a break, Flamini fucks it up with a penalty right after replacing Coquelin. Even though it was moslty Mertesacker's fault is still very frustrating to see Flamini straiht up kicking Messi with less then 5min on the pitch.

Just how many more times the draw will put us against Barça?, and when its not them its Bayern, just fucking unbelievable

If you want to win the CL you will inevitably have to face Bayern or Barca at some stage along the way.

The draw is not the problem. Wenger is.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
With the way the league is right now they may well end up still stumbling over the line there if no-one else steps up
Harry-Kane-meme-5.jpg

Jack cw

Lol. We are in a comfortable position and dominated juve away for 70 minutes, score 2 away goals and all I read is this hilarious shitposting. We had no CB and yet we are in advantage against Juve. This was one of the best away performances I've seen from Bayern, especially given how handicapped we are. Some of you guys need a reality check.

Lol. We are in a comfortable position and dominated juve away for 70 minutes, score 2 away goals and all I read is this hilarious shitposting. We had no CB and yet we are in advantage against Juve. This was one of the best away performances I've seen from Bayern, especially given how handicapped we are. Some of you guys need a reality check.

Indeed but the way they fell apart was something to behold. It was like a switch had been clicked and everything Bayern had been doing well stopped and they were completely dominant without really playing that well up until that point. Juve got lucky that Bayern imploded as they were quite frankly shit as the only reason Bayern hadn't put that game to bed in the first half is most players were out of form and produced fuck all. Very entertaining from my point of view but must have been horrible for your typical Bayern fan that has never watched another team play football as that is pretty much standard. Doesn't really matter how good the tactics are if the players on mass start to fail to make simple passes and clear every defensive ball to an opposition players.

Jack cw

Pls. We were far away from imploding... Hyperbole at it's finest. We conceded 2 goals because a youngster that is no defender made two mistakes on the highest level in football. Again, we have 3 CBs injured, one played for 20 minutes. The opposition was one of the top squads in Europe in their stadium.

norinrad

If you want to win the CL you will inevitably have to face Bayern or Barca at some stage along the way.

The draw is not the problem. Wenger is.

Any reason why we always seem to blame the coach when overpaid crybabies do not execute what they are supposed to do well?

We also don't know anything about the internal workings of any club, none us do as we are not sitting at the table.

I find it often way too easy to always blame the coach.

Kind of like when a governmental official fails, we are quick to mock them, while forgetting they are only there for four years and that the core of the problem are the workers who have been there for 20+ years and refuse to change and also won't be easy to get rid off as you will have to pay these people shitload of money.

Anyway I'm just saying let's try every now and then to look at things from the manager's perspective.

Pls. We were far away from imploding... Hyperbole at it's finest. We conceded 2 goals because a youngster that is no defender made two mistakes on the highest level in football. Again, we have 3 CBs injured, one played for 20 minutes. The opposition was one of the top squads in Europe in their stadium.

Bayern imploded. The dominated the game and almost instantaneously the whole team stopped producing which resulted in Juve getting two goals when they were comfortably in front and controlling the game. It's not as if Juve all of a sudden got better because they didn't the vast majority of the problem came from Bayern players not doing what they had just been doing prior and Juve took advantage of it.

Blackhead

Redarse
Bayern fans are spoilt. When Pep won the Champions League with Barcelona they didn't win any of their away knockout round matches (including a 1-1 draw at Bayern). You can't expect to win every tie with a 4-0 thrashing home and away. Be happy that your team is so good now and your standards are so high. I bet by this time next year you'll be wishing Pep was still your manager

Elchele

Bayern fans are spoilt. When Pep won the Champions League with Barcelona they didn't win any of their away knockout round matches (including a 1-1 draw at Bayern). You can't expect to win every tie with a 4-0 thrashing home and away. Be happy that your team is so good now and your standards are so high. I bet by this time next year you'll be wishing Pep was still your manager

lol
With our squad we should be winning these kind of matches without much trouble. Pep is weak as it has been shown during his three years at Bayern. His tactics play against us a lot of times, because he's stubborn and prefers to alter the whole team instead of doing the logical thing, like yesterday.

He made us regress and we lost 3 important years. Schweinsteiger is gone, Lahm is old, Robben and Ribéry are almost over. It really is a shame but at least from a marketing point of view it was good.

Jack cw

Bayern imploded. The dominated the game and almost instantaneously the whole team stopped producing which resulted in Juve getting two goals when they were comfortably in front and controlling the game. It's not as if Juve all of a sudden got better because they didn't the vast majority of the problem came from Bayern players not doing what they had just been doing prior and Juve took advantage of it.
Do you even know what an implosion is?
Juve has quality. They were completely inferior and came back after we could not deliver the speed and pressure anymore. They came back with passion and fought and brought the game to a fighting level and hurt us at our vulnurable point. We all agree with boateng and Martinez those goals would never had happened. We still had chances after all and thats perfectly fine. 2 away goals and the match at home is a good result. We have time and CBs back to work on those last 15 minutes. Kimmich is 20, a midfielder and even bernat had to learn his lesson last year against Barca. This was a good performance. With Benatia and Martinez soon back things will get a lot more comfortable.

And elsk pls.
Believe me, under carletto we will be way more vulnerable. Those guaranteed semis are gone.

Do you even know what an implosion is?
Juve has quality. They were completely inferior and came back after we could not deliver the speed and pressure anymore. They came back with passion and fought and brought the game to a fighting level and hurt us at our vulnurable point. We all agree with boateng and Martinez those goals would never had happened. We still had chances after all and thats perfectly fine. 2 away goals and the match at home is a good result. We have time and CBs back to work on those last 15 minutes. Kimmich is 20, a midfielder and even bernat had to learn his lesson last year against Barca. This was a good performance. With Benatia and Martinez soon back things will get a lot more comfortable.

And elsk pls.
Believe me, under carletto we will be way more vulnerable. Those guaranteed semis are gone.

To implode is to collapse. Bayern collapsed, their structure was clear to see for 70mins then it fell apart when pressure, the ability to pass, and make a decent clearance disappeared. Juve are a quality team I don't think anyone would disagree and have the ability to take advantage, all they need is one chance and they often take it but the way they attacked was no different than in the first half the only difference was they had the space to play. It was a good performance by Bayern for 70 mins, and even when they collapsed it was better than the vast majority of sides especially considering how many players were nowhere near their normal ability.

tim.mbp

Pube talk in the Adam Johnson trial. Steven Fletcher was originally going to testify about the state of his pubes in Adam's defense. Unwilling to do so after his guilty plea.

Jack cw

Fair enough. To struggle against a quality squad like Juve is no shame and I rather appreciate the fight and determination Juve had than simply saying our team collapsed. We struggled because of their quality and our fatigue and trivial mistakes in defense. The team is marked with results like 2012 against chelsea or the last couple of semi defeats, so no hard feelings that they were insecure. That is something far from an implosion and surely not a collapse. We still had chances in that period and that is something very positive.

Really enjoying my PSV here :D Already very proud that we stand here after all those years! Pure joy :) We will se where it ends its been a great ride already

Into

I dont like this Lions crap from the italian media, nothing about Juve's performance was lion-esque.

Bayern were fatigued, and simply going up at them and making it chaotic made them scramble. No shit. Allowing them to just pass the ball around as if its handball did not work well.

Sadly i know that whatever lesson Juve learned the last 30 min, will be forgotten in Munich. They will be "compact" as in they will have to withstand 2-3 big chances in the first 45 min at least. And then hope to turn up the intensity and get a 1-0 victory. Meh.

And where was Pogba? Some nice display of his pure strength and technique, but he rarely ever really shows up, whether its Bayern or Bologna. I cannot believe we will likely get some 100 million for this guy. If Pogba is one of the top 5 or 10 players in the world, then where was he? A player of that caliber should be seen and felt in every game, Tevez was that almost always for Juve. The secret that nobody knows is that Dybala is probably already better, what a fucking buy that was.

That missed header by Yaya was an unbelievable miss, but I knew the second Ferna laid that ball off and he collected it with so much space that he was going to score. That was classic Yaya. Loves a curler.

ugh.. I knew when he cut that was going to happen. Pains me how teams let him get away with doing that.

Anyone know of a legit way to get SNBC and Fox Sports in the UK? If I have to listen to Savage, Owen, Ferdinand, or Carragher one more time I'm going to lose it.

norinrad

Anyone know of a legit way to get SNBC and Fox Sports in the UK? If I have to listen to Savage, Owen, Ferdinand, or Carragher one more time I'm going to lose it.

Yep its amazing these guys are pundits. Owen, who through complete luck was able to win something is the biggest fraud among them. Carragher on the other hand is a a Liverpool legend(lol) though.

I'd take Owen over Jesper Grønkjær any day of the week. But I don't get that option here.

Be careful what you hope for. I didn't think it could get worse than the ITV lot but it did.

Owen: "Manchester City should have used the subs they have today on Sunday instead of the kids". Six out of the seven subs were the players that played on Sunday with the addition of one player who was injured for that game. Come on at least read the two team sheets before you go on air. That was far from the only bit of stupidity.

Then there is this.

Jack cw

He might get Weinzerl'd. He has to be careful, he has been far from being a semi-god in England so far. His team is barely better than Augsburg currently.
Dangerous result and Augsburg can beat many clubs in one match. I hope all german teams make it minus Schalke.

I just hope Liverpool - Augsburg isn't as boring as the first leg.

Porto against BVB can be boring for all that I care, as long as we go through lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom