• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best looking United in a while (I know it is a low level team, but I'll take what I can get) and it is no surprise it comes on the tail of a Rooney injury. This happens every time. He is a dead fucking weight on team selection and both Moyes and LVG sides would have been better if he was sold before either took over.

norinrad

I've been super critical of Memphis this season, but holy shit he's been sensational tonight.

I think LvG had a chat with him about his behavior. He's now been unleashed. Martial was quicker to get used to the EPL,but when these two click including the new kid, Wayne should be shipped to China.

Fuck Wayne for keeping these kids out with his 300k a week rope around LvGs neck.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Best looking United in a while (I know it is a low level team, but I'll take what I can get) and it is no surprise it comes on the tail of a Rooney injury. This happens every time. He is a dead fucking weight on team selection and both Moyes and LVG sides would have been better if he was sold before either took over.

I wonder if LVG will give Rashford a chance in the next game. The lad stepped up and did the job.

Instead of pissing and moaning about all the players he can't pick he should reward players like Rashford. even when Rooney is fit he should make him work for his spot.

norinrad

I wonder if LVG will give Rashford a chance in the next game. The lad stepped up and did the job. Instead of pissing and moaning about all the players he can't pick he should reward players like Rashford. even when Rooney is fit he should make he work for his spot.

Take it easy kid had a great night. But Martial comes back soon. The good thing is LvG has a deadly striker in his Arsenal.

Gandalf

I think LvG had a chat with him about his behavior. He's now been unleashed. Martial was quicker to get used to the EPL,but when these two click including the new kid, Wayne should be shipped to China.

Fuck Wayne for keeping these kids out with his 300k a week rope around LvGs neck.

Yeah, apparently he had 1-to-1 chats with the whole squad earlier in the week. You can tell he's a confidence player anyway, and this sort of performance should help him immensely.

Rooney should've been shipped out a couple of years back, as we all know.

Kill3r7

I wonder if LVG will give Rashford a chance in the next game. The lad stepped up and did the job.

Instead of pissing and moaning about all the players he can't pick he should reward players like Rashford. even when Rooney is fit he should make him work for his spot.

If both Rooney and Martial are out then he won't have a choice but to start Rashford. However, if both players are fit they would probably start over him because to be frank they are better than Rashford. Keep in mind that prior to his injury Rooney was in decent form. Also to be fair, LVG has given youngsters a chance all season long.

Agree with the sentiment that Moyes should have sold Rooney.

yagal

Bad night for french and italians

man-utd-s-injury-xi-1.jpg

Kill3r7

Bad night for french and italians

You should replace Rojo with Jones and Januzuaj is cup tied so he wouldn't have been able to play anyhow. Fellani should take Keane's spot and you could play Martial out wide or bring Valencia in.

De Gea
Darmian - Jones - Smalling - Shaw
Valencia - Schweinsteiger - Fellani - Young
Martial - Rooney

yagal

De Gea
Valencia - Schweinsteiger - Fellani - Young
Martial - Rooney

lol. ManU have a serious problem :(

Hum...I want a team (for PL) without Rooney, let's assume that he is already in China

De Gea
Valencia - Schweinsteiger - Fellani - Januzaj
Young
Martial

Jarnet87

Memphis has shined against inferior talent in Europe. A game like this should give him confidence and maybe he can take the form into the league but we've yet to see it.

I won't put much stock in the win, maybe if it sparks a run we can look back on it. People on the caf were calling the first round tie van Gaal's Olympiakos. 2nd round fits the bill as well.

If Nani could get the better of Arsenal now and again, I see no reason why Memphis can't. I already rate Memphis higher than Nani. Hopefully that performance tonight charged him up.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
A cushty win from spurs makes me a happy boy but I'll be fucked if I can even remember the game.

Also very happy to see Lamela return, such a beast that man.

He gets it back after 5 games uninjured

3 to go

Make that 1

He doesn't seem to be sprinting or playing on the shoulder much since coming back. Would take away a massive part of his game if he carried on like this, but if its necessary to try and minimize his chances of getting injured, so be it.

Played okay today, same old problem of playing well while fucking up pretty much every chance that we get, then the players just lose all confidence in their ability to make the game safe and have a collective meltdown 70 minutes in.

While its preferable to the completely shite performances we've had a habit of turning in over the last 19 months, we won't get far at all when the players are this wasteful and mentally weak.

Tony Barrett @TonyBarretTimes
Klopp on the draw: "It's great. We deserve these games. I told my staff yesterday that I wanted Man United."

😏

Can't wait for this.

sora87

As long as we don't concede a sloppy goal from a corner after battering them for 75 minutes, I'm confident of getting past Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom