• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

BT has insisted it is pleased with the viewing figures for its UEFA Champions League coverage. According to Inside Sport, just 200,000 viewers have watched matches involving English clubs on BT Sport Showcase - a free-to-air channel.

Guessing Sky will get it back then...

Cappa

Banned
Bale and Benzema have pretty much the same scoring record against good teams too. Only difference is the one goal for each in the Valencia game.

Benzema has been fantastic this season, he scored in big games like Atletico and Valencia until recently he was arguably Madrid's best player. There was a time when it seemed he was scoring in every game.

Bale has just been injured way to much to be relevant.

arsenal could absolutely batter us today.

our defense is varela - carrick - blind - rojo christ

Fortunately for you, this looks like the most impotent Arsenal attack in years. However, now that Chamberlain's out, he can't keep fucking up any semblance of forward momentum - that could be a problem for your defence.

I wonder if Welbeck or Theo will play as the centre-forward. I think Welbeck should, given how poor both Giroud and Walcott have been of late, and how good Welbeck's looked in his short time back. | Alexis - Welbeck - Theo | is their strongest front three right now I think, with Giroud offering a different option off the bench, and Welbeck very capable if he does get punted out wide to accommodate.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
BT has insisted it is pleased with the viewing figures for its UEFA Champions League coverage. According to Inside Sport, just 200,000 viewers have watched matches involving English clubs on BT Sport Showcase - a free-to-air channel.

Guessing Sky will get it back then...

200k seems okay to me but I have no context. Did they get millions on sky?

I imagine the later rounds get a lot more viewers.

Beefy

Walcott has just come on right? First time I have seen him touch the ball...

A United defender will get sent off in this game.

Danchi

I don't understand how Campbell has lost his starting position to Oxlade-Chamberlain
(I know he's injured now)
and Walcott despite consistently playing better than both of them.

Walcott, in particular, has been awful. Whenever he gets the ball he just runs at whoever's in front of him. Maybe one out of ten times he beats a couple of men
(and then misplaces his pass...)
, but the other nine times he immediately loses possession and puts pressure on the defence.

Beefy

I don't understand how Campbell has lost his starting position to Oxlade-Chamberlain
(I know he's injured now)
and Walcott despite consistently playing better than both of them.

Walcott, in particular, has been awful. Whenever he gets the ball he just runs at whoever's in front of him. Maybe one out of ten times he beats a couple of men
(and then misplaces his pass...)
, but the other nine times he immediately loses possession and puts pressure on the defence.

Chamberlain is being linked to re-joining Southampton apparently.

Danchi

Chamberlain is being linked to re-joining Southampton apparently.

Yeah, I saw that too. I'd be surprised if it was a permanent deal because Wenger doesn't like to give up on his projects. I still like him, too, so I'd be kinda disappointed if he left.

longdi

Banned
If i was Real president, i would tempt Neymar to the dark side. Messi still have at least 3 more years in him, by that time Neymar golden window would have closed.

Make Neymar the Real star, sell Christina to Manu for a high price thanks to their attachment as well as desperation. Profit!

Arselol and Spuds losing, football is alive again!

sora87

Watching MotD, there's been some really suspect refereeing in some of these games, Palace had 2 clear pens turned down and that first Chelsea goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom