• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

What does Footie-GAF think of Samir's new hair color?

CcJg3pPWoAAF-6t.jpg

Some one needs to use that as a avatar.

norinrad

Its all downhill from here for Samir, out of the French team for good and Pep won't play him. I suspect Norwich would be a great place to end a career.

Syder

Its all downhill from here for Samir, out of the French team for good and Pep won't play him.
In retrospect, do you think Nasri regrets leaving Arsenal? He's won the League twice but he's never really replicated his form in the 10/11 season and if he were injury free he'd be in the Arsenal XI week-in, week-out and would be adored. Who knows, Arsenal may have won the league several times over if he, RVP & Fabregas had stayed.

In retrospect, do you think Nasri regrets leaving Arsenal? He's won the League twice but he's never really replicated his form in the 10/11 season and if he were injury free he'd be in the Arsenal XI week-in, week-out and would be adored. Who knows, Arsenal may have won the league several times over if he, RVP & Fabregas had stayed.

I doubt it. He's won the league... at least one FA Cup and League Cup? He wouldn't have swapped that for two FA Cups, I think. Playing with higher quality players, getting paid much more

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I am really looking forward to a Tottenham-Dortmund duel.
It would be awesome, for all the good reasons.
I cannot wait, despite our poor odds this should be a fantastic game if we have our best squad deployed.
What does Footie-GAF think of Samir's new hair color?

CcJg3pPWoAAF-6t.jpg

Heard Jon Richardson on the Warm-up this morning talk about this and I just didn't believe him.

The man looks like an ice-gem

BkJIYVDIMAE4jKD.jpg

Syder

The fact that you can't watch a single 3 o'clock kickoff in the UK in 2016 but in the US you can watching every single one is disgusting.

Beefy

The fact that you can't watch a single 3 o'clock kickoff in the UK in 2016 but in the US you can watching every single one is disgusting.

The boss of Virgin TV is fighting this. He says the Prem League do it on purpose to limit the amount of matches to make the prices crazy. He said all broadcasters (Sky, BT, Virgin) should get every game.

moojito

The boss of Virgin TV is fighting this. He says the Prem League do it on purpose to limit the amount of matches to make the prices crazy. He said all broadcasters (Sky, BT, Virgin) should get every game.

As it is it's possible to watch them, but often involves listening to Ray Hudson, which is a very high price indeed.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Costa getting proper arsey for some reason. He took a swing at van Dijk, then pushed him, then tripped him and got booked all the space of about two minutes.

he'll probably score now and win the game.

Syder

Do you want to completely murder the lower leagues?
The TV deal coming in next season won't partially do that? I don't think showing 3 o'clock Premier League kick offs would kill lower leagues at all, in fact I think it would force PL clubs to lower their ticket prices significantly.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Costa getting proper arsey for some reason. He took a swing at van Dijk, then pushed him, then tripped him and got booked all the space of about two minutes.

he'll probably score now and win the game.
Costa gon' Costa

I fucking hate that cunt.

Does my fucking nut in. I just don't understand the argument of how it will hinder attendance, using illegal streams is so prevalent now and it's not like there's an alternative, and the amount of money lost in that must be staggering.
I used to think it was because people would fight over what game to put on, especially when I started working in my local. But no, it's because they think they won't get bums on seats. I swear at the first half of this season it was West brom who had almost no tv appearances. Maybe I'm mistaken.

It's even more frustrating when ticket prices are getting higher and sell out so fast for some games especially the derbys. I can't afford to go and I don't even get the chance to watch without BREAKING THE LAWWW.

Just the PL though???

Only the people who support the lower league teams are going to go to those games and the fact that they could watch a PL game on tv isn't going to change that. Considering lower league games aren't broadcast the only option for those fans is to go and watch the games anyway. I use to go to games in the lower leagues in the late 90's and early 00's all the time as that was the only way to watch the team I supported play and if any of the old Murdoch four had been playing at the same time and broadcast on Tv it wouldn't have changed that.

Syder

Leicester finally make a breakthrough! The Foxes march on!

Many fans of lower league teams have a second prem team. Watch premier league for more or less free at home, or pay £20 to watch a league 2 game? It'll kill sales.
Personally, I think if you regularly visit a lower league team having 3PM games on TV wouldn't change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom