• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
So Caballeros pretty bloody good at stopping pens...

EDIT: Whys Hart out? I feel like ive been out of the loop for a while.

RagingPhoenix

Neo Member
I'm bemused though why our club captain never stood up to take one of first 4 penalties? Could you imagine Steven letting go of any of first 4 in a shootout?

City was not the better team. Also Mignolet is the reason why we lost, he wasn't class. School boy errors from a mediocre crappy keeper is what cost Liverpool the game.

They could've had 3 more though if not for Sterling's ineptitude & Mig's wonder save off Aguero

City was not the better team. Also Mignolet is the reason why we lost, he wasn't class. School boy errors from a mediocre crappy keeper is what cost Liverpool the game.

The reason we lost is because we didn't create enough chances. Lots of possession, no penetration. Most of our best performers were in defense. Mignolet saved what should have been certain goals.

Yeah, he fucked up but you're using him as a scapegoat for an average performance. I'm not saying he should be our 1st choice keeper next season but you're being a bit harsh.

Are you stupid or you just not watch the game?

Liverpool had like two chances. City had 7 or 8 apart from two or three that went wide Mignolet saved them all. Liverpool rarely troubled the back line had no precision and kept getting caught offside, if that is your opinion on better football then no wonder Liverpool haven't won anything since 2012.

sora87

Well that's a shame, City were lucky to still have 11 players on the pitch which would have changed the game dramatically. Refereeing in england really is terrible this season, even more so than usual.

Syder

City were easily deserving winners there, great performance by Caballero in the shoot-out. Now is the time to retire this Mickey Mouse Cup and focus on promoting the FA Cup.

True, but they should have had a penalty for the Moreno tackle on Aguero.

Indeed, that would have been a red as well if it was given, which would have ruined the game. A president was set for the rest of the game, it was really set when the yellow wasn't given to Fernandinho near the start of the game.

All go again in a few days. I'd have preferred Liverpool to win today and then City win the next game if I'm honest. If I had to have one or the other.

Why would you not start Alves and Rakitic for such an important game? There's no other important fixtures for them soon.

Also, as soon as Barca bring in Laporte and ditch Mathieu, the better.

Are you stupid or you just not watch the game?

Liverpool had like two chances. City had 7 or 8 apart from two or three that went wide Mignolet saved them all. Liverpool rarely troubled the back line had no precision and kept getting caught offside, if that is your opinion on better football then no wonder Liverpool haven't won anything since 2012.

Are you fucking stupid?

Mig cost us the goal, then kept us in the match.

We were second best for about 105 of the 120 minutes, and would have been very fortunate to win it.

Onwards we go, think it might be worth sending Sturridge to the bench while he works on his fitness and confidence in stretching his muscles. He is clearly reticent to sprint, and has been since he came back.

Meier

This is an insane post. City were completely dominant, should have won 4-1 or 5-1 in regular time -- Mignolet made a number of top class saves. Liverpool's first shot on target was the one Coutinho scored. Liverpool played well in ET though so kudos to them for that, but Willy was on another level in the shootout. I felt pretty confident after he saved that penalty from Oscar last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom