• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

Roopney probably working double time to heal up and get back to screwing up everything.

Just make him a sub, same for Lingard once Martial comes back. With Martial, Memphis and Rashord causing a nightmare while Mata operates behind them.

Rooney has always been the problem as I have mentioned all season long, but LvG is a stubborn layal dickhead who sticks with his players. Oh and that 300k a week is a huge cluster fuck for any manager.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Fabianksi made some top class saves yesterday, even poch thought we may not get past him.

Another successful weekend of betting too, thankyou West Brom, Chelsea and Spurs

near

Gold Member
The most dramatic moment from Sundays games goes to:

VKf5cfA.gif

norinrad

Klopp goes to Anfield only to have players like Benteke and Lalana at his disposal. He needs to clear out all the deadwood and keep perhaps five current players. Liverpool will also not be playing the Europa League next year which gives them enough time to rebuild.

I know it doesn't register to most people on here, but a shout-out to Darren Way, doing a great job at Yeovil at the moment. First job in management, and they were in last place I think and completely rudderless when he took over from Sturrock. They recently got a draw against Pompy, and won against Dagenham this weekend - now 9 points above bottom, 3 point buffer between the Glovers and relegation.

sora87

Klopp goes to Anfield only to have players like Benteke and Lalana at his disposal. He needs to clear out all the deadwood and keep perhaps five current players. Liverpool will also not be playing the Europa League next year which gives them enough time to rebuild.

Start with Benteke, Milner and Mings.
Not sure on Moreno, he could be better suited playing as a winger if he learned how to cross. Henderson and Lallana are alright squad players at best. Skrtel and Sakho are questionable too. There's a lot to figure out this summer and I doubt the squad will be fixed in just one transfer window sadly.

Big game for Leicester tonight, missing Kante for the next two games.

Don't see West Brom posing any threat to them though but the pressure they will be able to put on us, Arsenal and City if they win tonight is huge. A potential 5 point gap with the rest of us to play tomorrow. And they know that we play Arsenal at the weekend so at least one of us if not both will drop points.

Fdkn

Can any Spanish speakers translate the headline?

I apologize if some things don't sound good lol

The Bernabeu bursts and asks for Florentino's resignation - Cristiano points to the president's project: "If everybody else was on my level, we'd be 1st" - Zidane states the league is already lost and his future will depend on the Champions - Police charges on the stadium - The fans, against the players: "Mercenaries"

There's some hyperbole because this is a Barcelona newspaper but we've hit rock bottom.

Funny thing is that this week 10 years ago, Florentino resigned from its first project.

norinrad

Absolutely bricking it. Come on you foxes.

If we can this without Kante then I'm convinced all the way really.

Leicester f**king up from here could be on a Newcastle United level in the Keagan days. They were so close but could not hold it together, hopefully they keep their heads up from here.

norinrad

I still think City.

Joey Barton the co-commentator on Five Live for the Leicester game. Why do these broadcasters insist on employing the biggest wankers in the game?

I have learned to watch games with the commentary off most of the time, whenever i hear wankers on there. Some of them should be no where near the sport.

MOTD is guilty as well with their bullshit.

I think Leicester.

I agree. It would be very harsh if they slip up at the line seeing how well they have played (regardless of whether you like the style of football they play). They have the easiest run in, though I do think they can be got if a team hunkers down and goes for a draw, interestingly enough the teams they are playing are the types of teams that are more likely to play in this manner but they aren't particularly good at it.

The big question is can they keep it up in the last eight games where people are getting knackered, muscle injuries start to flare up and stamina levels start to drop. This often seems to be when teams pull away or the fight gets tight.

I don't want them to win though.

Squeaky bum time at the end but we got 3 points which is all that matters. Need to step up a bit if we want to beat the likes of PSG, Spurs, City and Liverpool (this is the only away one)

Oscar was incredibly shit again, Hazard didn't do all that much either

I thought Hazard was fine. Oscar was terrible.
2nd half performance was bad. I think they intentionally dropped the intensity to save the energy. Poor Kennedy got groin injury :(
Now Stoke game will be tough. Can't afford to lose that one. We should at least get to 6th spot. I don't think CL can be won. Barcelona will win it.
Best chance is to win FA cup and have some Europe presence. Even 6th spot guarantees Europa league now thanks to City winning League cup. Europa league can be used to develop youth. Some great talent already waiting to be developed.

I thought Hazard was fine. Oscar was terrible.
2nd half performance was bad. I think they intentionally dropped the intensity to save the energy. Poor Kennedy got groin injury :(
Now Stoke game will be tough. Can't afford to lose that one. We should at least get to 6th spot. I don't think CL can be won. Barcelona will win it.
Best chance is to win FA cup and have some Europe presence. Even 6th spot guarantees Europa league now thanks to City winning League cup. Europa league can be used to develop youth. Some great talent already waiting to be developed.

If (big if) we keep this form up for the rest of the season, draw instead of lose and get the wins we need I think we could make big in roads, we'll see how far up the table we can get.

We will definitely lose to PSG though, which will help that

Going out for dinner instead of watching Liverpool tonight, genuinely cannot be arsed with football at the moment. We didn't deserve to win the final i know but still, so disappointed.

Only thing i'm interested in is how Origi gets on if he starts. Really like the look of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom