• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I hope they draw.

I'm the typical guy, who cheers for the underdog, Leicester, to win it all, only because it makes a great story. Actually, I'm also cheering on my fellow Dane, Kasper Schmeichel.

I hope they draw.

I'm the typical guy, who cheers for the underdog, Leicester, to win it all, only because it makes a great story. Actually, I'm also cheering on my fellow Dane, Kasper Schmeichel.

Most people want Leicester to win it really. It would shake things up a bit and be a great story after they were nearly relegated last year. They've played some of the best football in the Premiership this season. Hopefully they can finish the job.

Pachimari

Oh, I thought they got promoted to the Premier League this season? When did they get promoted?

An Arsenal win would be better for Leicester, points-wise.

Yeah, you're right. Just checked out the table.

Unfortunately, Christian Eriksen is on Spurs' team, and he's a fellow Dane who I liked. But let's hope the Gunners gets this one.

Jarnet87

I think Spurs will bottle this. Arsenal fans will be tortured with another glimmer of hope before losing to Hull in the FA Cup and then drawing to West Brom in the prem.

Syder

I think Spurs will bottle this.
I agree but I still think Spurs will finish above Arsenal when all's said and done, even if it's by their superior goal difference. Arsenal not only need to win today but a win by a decent margin would be really helpful in terms of evening out the separation in goal difference.

Elneny and Coquelin both start, Wenger going full out fear.

Coquelin has been so bad recently. His ball distribution is awful.

I still think Arsenal has a tiny chance of winning the league, but they most certainly have to win today. The starting lineup is an odd one. Gibbs instead of Montreal? No Walcott or Campbell which means Ramsey out wide.

Syder

Arsenal's remaining home fixtures are all 'winnable', from a top 4 perspective, so if you make the assumption that they will win those their league challenge will be decided away from the Emirates, especially the game at the Etihad.

Gorlak

Banned
I agree but I still think Spurs will finish above Arsenal when all's said and done, even if it's by their superior goal difference. Arsenal not only need to win today but a win by a decent margin would be really helpful in terms of evening out the separation in goal difference.

Yeah, but we have to consider the opponents both teams have to face in the last few matches of the season.

After today the Gunners only face Manchester City and West Ham of the upper half, while Tottenham will face Manchester United, Liverpool, Southhampton, Chelsea and Stoke.

So Spurs have the harder finish.

Syder

Yeah, but we have to consider the opponents both teams have to face in the last few matches of the season.

After today the Gunners only face Manchester City and West Ham of the upper half, while Tottenham will face Manchester United, Liverpool, Southhampton, Chelsea and Stoke.

So Spurs have the harder finish.
One might argue that playing bottom half opposition in the final segment of the season isn't an advantage.

Gorlak

Banned
One might argue that playing bottom half opposition in the final segment of the season isn't an advantage.

Yeah, but they are in the bottom half for a reason, they lose more often, thus making it easier to win against them (by statistics). I know where you're getting at, but I'm still confident it'll be easier for Arsenal and they will get more points than Spurs out of the remaining matches.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I think the real crime here is that it's on BT

My mate reckons Danny Rose is shit and I want this to be the game to shut him up

Jack cw

We will beat Dortmund tonight. Tuchel still has no idea how to play against possession teams with high pressing and defence line. Pep got it.

Arsenal miss Cazorla and Wilshere so much. Ramsey is absolutely shite.

Bellerin has been awful so far too. But then they don't have anyone to replace him...

nasax

RIP famous celebrity

Arsenal miss Cazorla and Wilshere so much. Ramsey is absolutely shite.

Bellerin has been awful so far too. But then they don't have anyone to replace him...

He is a piece of shit. One goal isn't going to change almost two years of crap play.

velociraptor

RIP famous celebrity

He is a piece of shit. One goal isn't going to change almost two years of crap play.
I feel like the only reason Ramsey still starts at Arsenal is because of his one season wonder performance. Wildly inconsistent and doesn't offer anything to the team at all. This is a problem I have with a lot of Arsenal players actually. Ox, Walcott, Ramsey - have they even improved?

Without Cazorla we look hopeless in midfield. Probably explains why we have been so shit in 2016.

Jarnet87

I feel like the only reason Ramsey still starts at Arsenal is because of his one season wonder performance. Wildly inconsistent and doesn't offer anything to the team at all. This is a problem I have with a lot of Arsenal players actually. Ox, Walcott, Ramsey - have they even improved?

Without Cazorla we look hopeless in midfield. Probably explains why we have been so shit in 2016.

Jacky boy will save you when he returns.#LIKEANEWSIGNING

panty

Well there it is. This'll be interesting.

Ontopic, as a non-brit teams I like

Tottenham
Arsenal
Stoke
Southampton
Everton
Liverpool

Teams I dont like

Chelsea

The rest are pretty much indifferent although I fancy Leicester to win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom