• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I've gotten into soccer the past few months, and just found this thread. I've been drawn to Bournemouth, great story to them and fun to watch

One thing that still is odd to me, though, is how trigger happy some people get. Like the dude above me who wants Pep to resign after losing a game. Bayern's still leading by 5 points, you're gonna be fine! Coming from American sports, its so bizarre how teams burn through managers.

Lunar FC

Hey everyone, I've gotten into soccer the past few months, and just found this thread. I've been drawn to Bournemouth, great story to them and fun to watch

One thing that still is odd to me, though, is how trigger happy some people get. Like the dude above me who wants Pep to resign after losing a game. Bayern's still leading by 5 points, you're gonna be fine! Coming from American sports, its so bizarre how teams burn through managers.

The same thing shocked me too. No matter what it seems like nobody likes their manager in Europe. If they win it's because "who couldn't win with those players", if they lose they are deemed clueless.
Bayern fans are the worst about this.
Just try your best to ignore it. :)

Beefy

The same thing shocked me too. No matter what it seems like nobody likes their manager in Europe. If they win it's because "who couldn't win with those players", if they lose they are deemed clueless.
Bayern fans are the worst about this.
Just try your best to ignore it. :)

Nope I like Koeman win or lose. Some people just get a little crazy.

Bayern Munich and Real Madrid fans are a special kind of football fan.

If their team isn't winning 5-0 every single game then something must be horribly wrong and heads should roll!

Blablurn

apparently Bayern reserved a special PK slot for Sunday.

according to rumours peps early departure will be announced there if he loses on saturday

apparently Bayern reserved a special PK slot for Sunday.

according to rumours peps early departure will be announced there if he loses on saturday

Come on, losing on Saturday would be great for everyone, including Bayern. It would force them to focus again, allow this Bundesliga season to regain exposure and it would give Dortmund the right amount of confidence before their clash against Tottenham.

Also, it would cement a Dortmund-Bayern rivalry at the higher stage, allowing the Bundesliga to advertise "their" Clasico.

Rumour has it pep is gone if we lose to Dortmund on Saturday.

12791034_1015346052661gu08.jpg

norinrad

I will never understand Wenger. Ships out once a good promising young player like Eduardo after that unfortunate injury yet he's kept Rosicky and Walcott who spend most of their season watching TV at home.

Pep started all of this. By announcing that he would leave when the team was in mid season, he messed both City and Bayern up with moral being very low because of that.

Like Heynckes in his treble winning season? Presumably he held the press conference about the City job with Bayern's consent.

Syder

People calling for Pep to resign with just a few months left of the season when he's already confirmed to be leaving are just armchair fans that don't understand Bayern and football in general.
we can not live in a world where bernat and rafinha have legit chances to play in the first team
What's wrong with Bernat?

tim.mbp

People calling for Pep to resign with just a few months left of the season when he's already confirmed to be leaving are just armchair fans that don't understand Bayern and football in general.

The whole situation is strange. I really hope MC face Bayern in the next round of CL for the drama though.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Pizarro is a fucking legend. He can't stop scoring goals

lol
Dash is back

Nah, I'd only be back if there ever was a dedicated Serie A-thread
so never

I must say I'm honestly amazed you guys are not at like OT11 or something crazy like that and my post wasn't buried in 15 seconds tho; I mean last time I peeked in here was in like 2013/14, but things seem super slow in here, what happened?

Haven't seen him since the 2010 CL final

Lol

lol you liar :p

It's you guys' fault coz u don't like vidyagaems

Elchele

Nah, I'd only be back if there ever was a dedicated Serie A-thread
so never

I must say I'm honestly amazed you guys are not at like OT11 or something crazy like that and my post wasn't buried in 15 seconds tho; I mean last time I peeked in here was in like 2013/14, but things seem super slow in here, what happened?

heh, life happened.

Blablurn

I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as Rafinha though.All of the drama would be media made (as usual). If City draw Bayern I struggle to imagine a scenario where Bayern don't take City apart.

I think it was funny and alright when Rafinha got his chance in Peps first year

But he keeps coming back since then. Dont we have something better to offer than Rafinha?

Ipswich Town has just announced season tickets prices will be raised, for the third consecutive season.

Where the fuck do they get off?

This is why I no longer go to games. Prices are an absolute joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom