• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

longdi

Banned
Matches needed to score 250 goals in La Liga:

1.- Cristiano: 228
2.- Zarra: 269
3.- Messi: 289

large.jpg

Without Iniesta Xavi Neymar Suarez as his wingmen too...

King_Moc

Banned

large.jpg

Hardly a fair comparison. Messi started his career there. Ronaldo went there as a 23 year old having already had a 42 goal season playing in England.

Edit: Eep, Mahrez hamstring pulled?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What a boring game. (with very few exceptions)

Dortmund defenders don't usually get a ball to train with? Why are they so afraid of it and of the passing forward?

Unlike Penaldo, Messi plays for the team and isn't selfish.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/52/Archive?stageId=11363

Biggest assister in RM last season. Selfish? lol. Yeah he's selfish sometimes. Like you know... ANY other player in the world. I've seen Benzema and Bale being selfish. Heck, I've seen hundreds of situations where players have been selfish. But to call him selfish as a whole? Wha..?

What kind of words would you choose to describe the DOZENS and dozens of players that are paid MILLIONS or HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS a month to provide like 5 assists in a WHOLE season? You know if Ronaldo is selfish, maybe those guys are selfish too, they should let someone take their spot and salary then, they're being selfish by staying at a club racking in millions while providing less assists than someone who is considered to be a selfish player.

You can spin it any way you want, but if this guy is selfish, then nearly everyone is MORE selfish than him. Or they simply are worse players than him.

In any of these two cases in my last sentence, whichever you prefer, Ronaldo is still better than those players.

Edit: It's like saying this guy sucks at football. I can't understand this. If this guys sucks, then what about all the other strikers? What kind of words would someone use for them? The irony is every coach says they'd love to have Ronaldo on their team. You know, coaches, those people that are actually paid and know something about football.

2nd edit: I'm not saying he is the greatest player ever either. I'm just a little bit more rational than some people it seems, or less blinded by hate, I don't know, I don't get it, my brain just doesn't process things like most people do. I just appreciate good players, and always appreciated Messi and Ronaldo. Everyone looks at their bad side, I prefer to look at their qualities instead. I'm not perfect either, so I don't expect anyone else to be.

Ah, we rolling out the Ronaldo-Messi stats again, this time by comparing a player who started La Liga as a youngster to one who joined in his prime. Messi too busy adding another treble to his collection and giving away penalties to be worrying about goals stats padding.

Without Iniesta Xavi Neymar Suarez as his wingmen too...

Also without Ronaldinho and Herny by his side.

Shudder to think how small clubs like Real Madrid can compete against such transfer fee breaking giants.

Jack cw

Didnt watch the game in the end. But I guess a 0:0 is alright. Would have signed that result before the game.
Pretty good result. Enough lead to feel comfortable, but still pressure to not fall into a low lime the previous years. This game was a big in your face from Pep to some Bayern guys here.

Syder

Still in disbelief that we won yesterday. Can't remember the last time we beat Everton, can't remember that last time Lukaku didn't score against us, can't remember the last time we saved a penalty, can't remember the last time we came back from 2-0 down.

2-0 and you fucked it up, Toffees!

Mindwipe

Still in disbelief that we won yesterday. Can't remember the last time we beat Everton, can't remember that last time Lukaku didn't score against us, can't remember the last time we saved a penalty, can't remember the last time we came back from 2-0 down.

2-0 and you fucked it up, Toffees!

We seriously did. We need to sort out our defensive tactics when we're ahead.

Jack cw

lol

a win could have been what u r talking about
Another big lead and Dortmund not even trying is what I hope we would avoid. And even the most die hard BVB supporter witnessed the gap between them and Bayern, so no worry. Having a light pressure in every competition is the best for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom