• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

can't believe that. all with 10
ashot_clock.gif

Did that guy really touch Benteke? I didn't see any contact there.

He did but it wasn't much. Shame that he caught himself after he decided to attempt a challenge from from behind - something that is risky at the best times, and idiotic when the opponent has basically run himself out of space.

Even before that Liverpool seemed to be managing the game far better than Palace. It looked Palace wasn't expecting to have to change their approach to the game whatsoever and did not know how to capitalize.

Spineless performance. A goal down and not even a lick at goal, even with 10 men. At least Liverpool pressed for an equalizer and a winner. Embarrassing display.

Jarnet87

What a time for Mata to get his first red card. Team was playing shit before he got sent off. Guess we should have seen this performance coming after Watford outplayed the team for 60 minutes. I don't care if van Gaal gets the team to forth, wins an FA Cup and the Europa League, he needs to go. Another year for him is just a disaster of up and down performances where he would definitely get the sack halfway through.

Unconfirmed Member
This squad are spineless, completely uncharacteristic of a United side.

LVG has built a solid foundation but we need Mourinho to take them to the next level.

This squad are spineless, completely uncharacteristic of a United side.

LVG has built a solid foundation but we need Mourinho to take them to the next level.

Honestly, as a United fan, how much of that spine was a result of the efforts of one of the best managers of the modern era?

Empty

Honestly, as a United fan, how much of that spine was a result of the efforts of one of the best managers of the modern era?

best fergie teams always had a strong spine but it's fair to see in the last few years he just willed one into place

you know i used to get annoyed by ferguson's last few seasons (post ronaldo, basically) when he seemed not to care how far we were off europe's elite, but in retrospect they were near miraculous feats of management. by patching together absolute joke sides into consistent machines, he got two titles, second on goal difference with the last kick of the season, second one point off chelsea. in the van gaal era with huge investment into the side yet we can't get a run together at all, it seems scarcely believable.

Another big lead and Dortmund not even trying is what I hope we would avoid. And even the most die hard BVB supporter witnessed the gap between them and Bayern, so no worry. Having a light pressure in every competition is the best for us.
lol what

This gap you're talking about is completely irrelevant. We are not playing again in the Bundesliga. And I'm fairly confident that Bayern losing two games more than us in the remaining season isn't much more unlikely than losing just one match more. If we win the league this year, it comes down to Bayern imploding and losing against the likes of Mainz. It doesn't matter how good we are compared to Bayern considering we are good enough to beat every other Bundesliga team.

Ive been playing FM2016 as Sassuolo recently and having 12 subs in league/cup games is pure magic.

We should really adopt that in England, but with the caveat that a certain number of players in the squad have to be young/trained in the club/country

Would be nice to have the option to have an expanded bench but used to ensure that some young players get on the bench.

I wouldn't really have said you need that many subs in general but it could have some benefits

King_Moc

Banned
So did Benteke dive?

Doesn't look it to me, but then I'm a Liverpool fan. It's amusing to see the number of people denying there was any contact though. I've also heard people claim he was "already on his way down" before the contact.

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/706510831735939072?s=09

At the time of contact, he clips Benteke on the only part of his body that's in contact with the ground. I don't see the controversy, personally.

bjaelke

John Cross @johncrossmirror
Penalty #Arsenal. Chamakh looking for it - and gets it. This will get dive debate going. Dann made contact so pen for me. 1-1 Nasri cool

Anyone claiming the Benteke decision was a penalty is embarrassing themselves. Terrible decision with no feel for the game.

ws1KCKl.gif

Penalty #Arsenal. Chamakh looking for it - and gets it. This will get dive debate going. Dann made contact so pen for me. 1-1 Nasri cool

Anyone claiming the Benteke decision was a penalty is embarrassing themselves. Terrible decision with no feel for the game.

ws1KCKl.gif

Wow, embarrassing that he has a different opinion now than he did 5+ years ago. Red faces all round at The Mirror.

Syder

ws1KCKl.gif
tumblr_nzenh2kCQa1s6xzxco1_250.gif

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Not a bad weekend of football. Bentekes dive had me laughing, not as much as Lamela's Oscar performance.. I love that man, teams seem to be getting wise to spurs though, I think Poch needs to mix it up a little. BVB game has got me nervous as games left go into single digits in the PL. Just don't lose to Villa spurs, for the love of god.

spidye

so pep met begiristain on monday in amsterdan

what a classy guy
Seriously, fuck him. He's still an employee at bayern. Ibrahimovic was right.
Pep has no balls. He has a meating in amsterdam like the coward he is. Why not in munich??

In a perfect world rummenigge Would be the first to reprimand him but he's just pep's pet at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom