• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Seriously, fuck him. He's still an employee at bayern. Ibrahimovic was right.
Pep has no balls. He has a meating in amsterdam like the coward he is. Why not in munich??

In a perfect world rummenigge Would be the first to reprimand him but he's just pep's pet at this point

It happened in Amsterdam because City have been scouting Riechedly Bazoer and Jetro Willems for a few years now. I'd imagine there were probably some discussions with Ajax and PSV.

spidye

It happened in Amsterdam because City have been scouting Riechedly Bazoer and Jetro Willems for a few years now. I'd imagine there were probably some discussions with Ajax and PSV.

to be honestI don't care for his reason why he did it. he himself forbid all players to take short trips to other countries during training free days.
he can atleast be a man of his own words

and pep never went to a club to do the transfer discussions or scouting. at least he never did it with any of our signings during his time at bayern

That makes it even worse :lol

I don't see it as that wrong to meet/talk with his future club considering the BVB game went well for them and the next important match is next Tuesday/Wednesday. However, actually meeting with other clubs to talk about signings is terrible behaviour, if true of course.

Meier

I don't see it as that wrong to meet/talk with his future club considering the BVB game went well for them and the next important match is next Tuesday/Wednesday. However, actually meeting with other clubs to talk about signings is terrible behaviour, if true of course.
Txiki is the DOF, so he would have probably held them while he was in Amsterdam. Pep met up with him in person to discuss things.

to be honestI don't care for his reason why he did it. he himself forbid all players to take short trips to other countries during training free days.
he can atleast be a man of his own words

and pep never went to a club to do the transfer discussions or scouting. at least he never did it with any of our signings during his time at bayern

Well, I think there's a pretty clear difference in that scenario considering the players are the ones who have to undergo physical exertion. I'm sure the sports science guys have done testing on how it affects them. Also, do you really think that the Bayern guys didn't come to NY to discuss things with him in those final months prior to him becoming your coach while he was still on sabbatical?

It makes it a lot worse. I personally think it is all bullshit except that they met, the press have no idea what the actual meeting was about. Transfer targets can be done over the phone easily, the only time you meet up is if you want to present something that requires more than just a chat.

Meier

I don't think it's a big deal either way. The Dean of one of the colleges where I work at is becoming a new Dean at a different University's college later this year (effect 9/1/16 I believe). It's not like he won't start fundraising and doing other events for the new place during his final 6 months of being a paid employee of my University. In fact, it's basically par for the course.

The Pep hate is silly.

spidye

Well, I think there's a pretty clear difference in that scenario considering the players are the ones who have to undergo physical exertion. I'm sure the sports science guys have done testing on how it affects them. Also, do you really think that the Bayern guys didn't come to NY to discuss things with him in those final months prior to him becoming your coach while he was still on sabbatical?
Well the difference is he was on sabbatical so no team was harmed.
Here, he went on to disucuss other club matters during the most important time of the season clearly being disrespectful to the fans and players

Meier

Well the difference is he was on sabbatical so no team was harmed.
Here, he went on to disucuss other club matters during the most important time of the season clearly being disrespectful to the fans and players

I can't really agree with you about it being disrespectful but to each his own. Pep is known to work insane hours. If he wants to spend a few hours of his free time doing something else, then I think he should be able to do so. If this happened the day before a game or something, then you could make a case for that, but Bayern's next game is on the 12th -- if he spent a few hours in another country on the 7th, I fail to see how anyone was harmed or disrespected.

la_briola

Kovac brothers in for Veh @ Frankfurt
thinking.gif

Transfer banter (I care about):

Manchester City transfer news: Blues reported to have agreed deal for Gundogan - Manchester Evening News

Juventus sources claim Manchester City have agreed a £27million deal for Germany international midfielder Ilkay Gundogan.

And the sources claim that Gundogan - who has also been heavily linked with Barcelona – will sign a four-year deal worth £90,000 a week to join City.

Not bad for us. Kind of a meager wage for him, if true.

Bild says we're scouting (Gündogan_y as fuck) Bazoer .

2-0 up against the side who are rock bottom of the league. Concede a 97th minute penalty to gift them a 2-2 draw.

And Bayern fans think they've got problems?

Fuck right off!!!

I fucking hate football!

Golfsburg is in CL quarter finals - this is so wrong :(
I'll be saying the same about Leipzig in 2018, aren't I? :(
Pretty much. WIth a side starring Gündogan, Mustafi and Khedira.
2-0 up against the side who are rock bottom of the league. Concede a 97th minute penalty to gift them a 2-2 draw.

And Bayern fans think they've got problems?

Fuck right off!!!

I fucking hate football!
What team is it you're talking about ?

Jack cw

Hahaha

Fucking Pep

That's really fucking embarrassing

I bet he's scared that Bayern still wants to sign Ilkay
More like lack of options. There is simply no decent midfielder willing to leave for City. But Ilkay might get the millions he wants there. Even mediocrity has it's price now.

More like lack of options. There is simply no decent midfielder willing to leave for City. But Ilkay might get the millions he wants there. Even mediocrity has it's price now.

Don't be ridiculous

Your club hasn't won in the last two matches, that's what I'd call mediocre.

spidye

Apparently we won 0:0 against you.
And spidey, I hope for you and elsk that Pep wins CL. Must be hard to be out of the party wagon then ;)

I would be over the moon if Bayern wins it. I am still first and foremost a Bayrn supporter.
I just don't believe we can win it with pep as our coach.

but I hope you are right and we win it ;)

Blablurn

TZ | Bayern are ready to start talks with Lewandowski, Neuer and Alaba over new contracts (2021). Götze is not included in long term plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom