• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hate for Real to lose him. On the other hand, I hate that Real is misusing him too.

Edit: Or is this the other Rodriguez? Yeah, it is, the James rumour is an old one. Forget it then.

Yeah, it's Ricardo Rodriguez, Hames would be too expensive.

But I don't know, I'm not completely sold on Rodriguez. He obviously does terrific free kicks but his defending is shaky from what I've seen. Not that this would matter in 95% of Bayern's games but still.

Elchele

Why would we want Ricard Rodríguez while having Alaba and Bernat as backup? Pointless. James would make more sense

oh, is Sportbild nvm

Why would we want Ricard Rodríguez while having Alaba and Bernat as backup? Pointless. James would make more sense

oh, is Sportbild nvm

I think Alaba once said he prefers to play in midfield. With Xabi being old and Pep leaving so that Alaba doesn't need to play CB anymore, that might be happening. As Bernat is mediocre at best, another LB would make sense.

Elchele

I think Alaba once said he prefers to play in midfield. With Xabi being old and Pep leaving so that Alaba doesn't need to play CB anymore, that might be happening. As Bernat is mediocre at best, another LB would make sense.

doubt it. Alaba is the best LB in the world, Ancelotti surely will use him there.
Midfield is packed: Vidal, Thiago, Kimmich, Xabi, Pierre-Emile and even Gaudino could be an option later

when are we bringing Contento back home tho

Blablurn

doubt it. Alaba is the best LB in the world, Ancelotti surely will use him there.
Midfield is packed: Vidal, Thiago, Kimmich, Xabi, Pierre-Emile and even Gaudino could be an option later

alonso will retire

piere emille lol

gaudino looool

thiago will get an ACL on wednesday against juve

and kimmich will get loaned out to augsburg

Look at Bla's post. Also, that doesn't mean that Alaba isn't gonna play LB against the likes of Barca, Juve or BVB.

I don't think it's stupid or wrong for United fans to want LVG out if they miss our on the CL. Football now more than ever is a 'what have you done for me lately' sport, and fans are basically applying the same harsh judgement to the non playing staff that they apply to players.

And I for one think Gary and Phil Neville should replace LVG.

la_briola

RIP Rode.
cm-vi1.gif
Hes already forgotten, such a shame.

Orbis

I hope Leicester can keep this going. I'm definitely on their bandwagon for the rest of this season!
Heh, you and every fan of good, entertaining football I would imagine! It's been a while since I cheered so loudly for another team like I did for Leicester against Man City.

LNBL

Wijnaldum needs to hope for a better season if they manage to stay in the BPL or get out of there asap during the summer.

Leicester City would be hearing the Champions League Anthem next year.

and I thought I was being generous with my 10th place league position at the start of the season.

Cagey game, but again shows why Leicester are so good. Not only can they play, but they are more than capable of scraping it out. Job not done obviously, but they're so crazy on the counter.

Syder

Leicester City would be hearing the Champions League Anthem next year.

and I thought I was being generous with my 10th place league position at the start of the season.
No one would have seriously predicted Leicester or Spurs to be Champions League teams when all's said and done but it's going to happen.

LNBL

Huh... Newcastle have Doumbia on the bench? Was not aware that he plays for newcastle now :O He must be bad so far if he's benched in favor of Mitro

No one would have seriously predicted Leicester or Spurs to be Champions League teams when all's said and done but it's going to happen.

Well I had Tottenham top 4, but I knew their coach since his La Liga days and knew he can lead a top club with the right talent and budget.

Edit: Doumbia? what the hell, wasnt he back at Russia when he failed at Roma

If Leicester win it they will be truly deserving. A big shot in the arms of the so called "big" teams, and that includes my own which has had a fucking terrible season - worse than the rest.

Not sure what it says about the likes of Arsenal and City that they don't seem to be able to keep up with the pace either though. Perhaps City can be forgiven despite giving their manager a new contract and then effectively sacked him in February because they won the LC and are still in the CL...

RiggyRob

If Leicester win it they will be truly deserving. A big shot in the arms of the so called "big" teams, and that includes my own which has had a fucking terrible season - worse than the rest.

Not sure what it says about the likes of Arsenal and City that they don't seem to be able to keep up with the pace either though. Perhaps City can be forgiven despite giving their manager a new contract and then effectively sacked him in February because they won the LC and are still in the CL...

It's easy - Arsenal don't have the bottle, and City don't care cause Pep's on the way. Really though, City should have made it 3 titles in 5 years this season.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont come on the thread alot but I still remember roughly 2 years ago when I asked if this Jonas guy was good because we needed a striker desperatly, he was without club and there was rumours of signing him, and you guys said he was very good, especially for a league such as ours

welp, you guys sure know your shit lol >_<

Jack cw

Juventus confirms Chiellini, Marchisio and Dybala are not in the squad for the game against Bayern and stay in Turin to recover from their injuries. Mandzukic is in the squad, but not sure if starter.

CrunchyB

Aww, poor PSV, the matchup was as even as it was going to get.
But let's face it, they would never have won the CL. At least Athletico has a shot.

Hoplatee

Aww, poor PSV, the matchup was as even as it was going to get.
But let's face it, they would never have won the CL. At least Athletico has a shot.

Nah. Obviously they would not but Dutch (european) football has gone in decline so insanely hard the last 4 years that this would have been nice. We need every point we can or else next season is the last time we qualify directly for CL. If it weren't for PSV's performance this year it would have been for certain. If teams don't fail so much next (!) year it should be fine.

It's partly to blame on some lousy teams winning EL Fair Play tickets and Cup Winners being so random.

LNBL

DAMN, we were so close :( We would not even have made it to the penalties if it was not for our goalkeeper in the first place. Nothing but proud of the boys, we kept the Dutch honour high this year in the CL against good teams!

Nah. Obviously they would not but Dutch (european) football has gone in decline so insanely hard the last 4 years that this would have been nice. We need every point we can or else next season is the last time we qualify directly for CL. If it weren't for PSV's performance this year it would have been for certain. If teams don't fail so much next (!) year it should be fine.

It's partly to blame on some lousy teams winning EL Fair Play tickets and Cup Winners being so random.

Exactly, PSV gathered more points than all the other Dutch teams combined in the Europa League. Teams like Ajax failed miserably this season, but we were lucky that PSV was there to pick up the points in this run. We are barely holding on to our guaranteed group fase placement for the Dutch champion so we needed this badly. Best Dutch performance in the CL in 9 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom