• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

gif form

giphy.gif

Carbonox

Benitez being Newcastle manager is a bit surreal and in another life would have been a glorious event for the club as I rate him a lot. However, looking at our fixture list and our squad, I don't think even Benitez can save this poisonous club from relegation. At least he can move on if relegation were to happen though.

If we do stay up then it will be one hell of an interesting era for the club in the future.

It's a strange one. I think he thinks about biting him, but at the very last moment realises it will be a colossal fuck up so just sort of rubs his open mouth on Barry's neck.

That whole incident was pretty embarrassing really. Rubbing their heads together like a couple of rutting stags.

slider

^^Awesome. Hope we do it. But after years of disappointment I can't help but be negative. Even with the teams' respective form.

Huh, this Elneny chap seems to be all over the pitch for Arsenal. Nothing spectacular but he wants the ball.

^^Awesome. Hope we do it. But after years of disappointment I can't help but be negative. Even with the teams' respective form.

Huh, this Elneny chap seems to be all over the pitch for Arsenal. Nothing spectacular but he wants the ball.

Gabriel doesn't seem to want to be on the pitch at all

Blablurn

Really? Serious question, do you actually get any enjoyment out of that?

i will never understand this question

people ask the same about bayern

like 10 years ago we were nothing

and now, just because we are winning almost every game, people ask if i actually get excitement out of it lol

lol

yeah, i would rather see the team u support lose

and now, just because we are winning almost every game, people ask if i actually get excitement out of it lol

lol

It's such a silly question because football tends to be cyclical. Ask a Liverpool fan if they preferred supporting their team in the 80s or now. Or a united fan if they preferred supporting them when Fergie was manager.

Blablurn

It's such a silly question because football tends to be cyclical. Ask a Liverpool fan if they preferred supporting their team in the 80s or now. Or a united fan if they preferred supporting them when Fergie was manager.

well said

and ur point is even better than mine haha

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

but even in those years they still had to compete. PSG are so dominant in French football their only real competition is the CL.

There's a difference between being the dominant force in your country (Man Utd under Ferguson) and being the only team capable of winning anything for the foreseeable future, surely?

Competition is the lifeblood of the sport for me, and there isn't any in France.

Syder

Really hope Wenger departs soon, club needs a change.
I'm not an Arsenal fan but I've always liked the way Wenger runs a club and puts teams together but Arsene just hasn't adapted to the fact that you can't dip into a Ligue 1 team and find a 5 star player for £1m any more. There were lots of strikers and DMs and centrebacks that changed hands over the summer that could have slotted into this Arsenal side but no, the club with the most expensive season tickets in the league bought one player, a goalkeeper. No sympathy, and now the other top clubs in the league are signing managers like Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Mourinho, etc.

They could have run away with the league this season.

longdi

Banned
How the hell do you lose to Watford at home? Wenger was talking about 3 straight FA Cup, lol. This was the most likely tournament Arsenal can win...

lol

Poor equivalency. Bayern's dominance has been built up and despite that, there are still strong teams in the Bundesliga, notably Dortmund. It's not remotely the same thing as pumping hundreds of millions into a club one day, accumulating superstars like Pokemon cards and then steamrolling the entire league with there being such a huge gulf in quality and financial power between one team and everyone else put together.

And with the very real prospect that isn't changing anytime soon in future. But whatever floats your boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom