• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbis

How the hell do you lose to Watford at home? Wenger was talking about 3 straight FA Cup, lol. This was the most likely tournament Arsenal can win...
This season's traditional Arsenal burnout will probably be ultimately their worst. They have no excuses for not winning the FA Cup given the sides left in the tournament.

And as a club of their experience in winning league titles, they have no excuses if they do not win the league, especially when they are not up against any 'big guns', with all respects to Spurs and Leicester. It's all laid out on a plate for Arsenal to take. And they probably won't.

The Champions League is what it is, they had no hope against Barca and neither would most English sides.

Also they crashed out of the League Cup 3-0 against Sheffield Wednesday.

EDIT: Somewhat related but I was playing with a league simulator and came up with the following final table:
Code:
1	Tottenham	38	+37	77
2	Leicester 	38	+22	75
3	Man City 	38	+28	72
4	Arsenal 	38	+22	71
5	West Ham	38	+18	67

Jarnet87

Carrick and Fellaini... our worst center midfield combo.

it's no so bad when Hererra is in their as well. Carrick plays the deep holding role with Fellaini and Herrera getting forward on the left and right. they were the 3 midfielder players when the team went on that on that 5 or 6 game run of good form last year.

The problem with United is that it's a squad full of cowards. No one dribbles at defenders aside from Martial. All play is just pass, pass, pass, stop, pass, pass back, pass, pass, pass, no shot.

edit: Ugh! Put a fucking shot on goal.

Yup, as expected. Counting down the days until July.

I really don't see anything special Martial since his transfer, but I blame the system more he has to play in.

Strong, good dribbler, good hold-up play, calm and composed in front of goal - all fantastic qualities to have in such a young player. It helps he's scored and assisted a good few in his first season too.

He has some poor decision-making at times, but that's to be expected. Combine that with playing in this shitty team, system and position, then yeah, he's not hitting the top levels.

norinrad

Not happening and quit crying, LvG will be there next season. It's people like you that have made Liverpool a shit team, you never give managers the chance to build an effective foundation and continuously follow the media narrative to get managers out. Hopefully klopp also gets to stay to finish his work. You think real football is like playing FIFA online? LoL

Winning the EPL is not an entitlement and I really hope Leicester wins it and perhaps even Everton next year.

Syder

Just got out of the ground. Was it a pen? Couldn't tell from where we were.

Went absolutely mental after that freekick. Shades of Tevez about this lad.

Shame to concede when we looked so good but I predicted 1-1 and I think we'll knick it at the Upton Park.

norinrad

Just curious, what makes you think Everton are in a position to challenge?

It's a young and very talented team, I also love how they play and if the team can be kept together, I don't see why not? They have all the qualities to end up in the top 5 next season.

Orbis

It's a young and very talented team, I also love how they play and if the team can be kept together, I don't see why not? They have all the qualities to end up in the top 5 next season.
Definitely possible but they'd need a couple of decent signings to stand out among the probably half a dozen or more other contenders for 5th place. I don't think that area of the table has ever been more competitive. Great times.

panty

Cant defend, scores nice headers.

I dont understand these fans. Ronaldo doesnt score so they boo him. Why not celebrate their gks nice save? Football fans are the worst.

Fdkn

Cant defend, scores nice headers.

I dont understand these fans. Ronaldo doesnt score so they boo him. Why not celebrate their gks nice save? Football fans are the worst.

They're playing away.

They booo Ronaldo because that happens to him in every stadium

slider

Shame to concede when we looked so good but I predicted 1-1 and I think we'll knick it at the Upton Park.

Heh, thought of your post when they equalised. Hoping the second part is right too!

Fair result? My toddler insisted on play time with me and I ended up with my back to the telly with the volume turned down. Totally missed the first half, but from the few bits I saw (especially after they scored) we looked to have our backs to the wall. So with that said, happy to live for another day.

tim.mbp

Some crazy refereeing.

Edit: Deserved goal for Palmas. And Real bounce back quickly.

Crazy ending. No Ramos or Pepe for their match with Sevilla.

panty

Meh. Terrible defending once again and what is it with the 'not giving a fuck' attitude when we are winning.

Fuck those fat Palmas fans yelling "puta".

This ref is utter shit but Ramos needs to have his face smashed in. What a tool.

tim.mbp

Meh. Terrible defending once again and what is it with the 'not giving a fuck' attitude when we are winning.

Fuck those fat Palmas fans yelling "puta".

This ref is utter shit but Ramos needs to have his face smashed in. What a tool.

The indirect free kick was comical.

bjaelke

Chelsea captain John Terry set to be offered swift route into management with Danish side Brondby

l1mjLEq.gif

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
SportBild | Carlo Ancelotti is a big fan of Rodriguez and it's his personal request to bring him to Bayern

I would hate for Real to lose him. On the other hand, I hate that Real is misusing him too.

Edit: Or is this the other Rodriguez? Yeah, it is, the James rumour is an old one. Forget it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom