• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Didn't know there was a friendly tonight...
Guess it's like always. Germany loses every game that is not a tournament game.

They're the favorites by far for this one, if you're that confident I'd put money on it as England are at 4:1, 8:1 both teams to score.

I think England have got an alright lineup, although I'm just happy to see 4 spurs lads starting. Fucking hodgson has been bigging up wilshere again.

Eric Dier must step out of the “shadow” of Jack Wilshere to make the England holding midfield role his own for this summer’s European Championships, according to manager Roy Hodgson

"They're still in the shadow of Jack Wilshere, who did so well for us before his injury. If all three were available for the Euros, that'd be a nice headache because there might not be space for all three."

Even gooners are like what the fuck

They're the favorites by far for this one, if you're that confident I'd put money on it as England are at 4:1, 8:1 both teams to score.

I think England have got an alright lineup, although I'm just happy to see 4 spurs lads starting. Fucking hodgson has been bigging up wilshere again.

Even gooners are like what the fuck
Because he's one of England's best players when fit.

Although he's never fit so it's a moot point I suppose.

Rubbish King

Because he's one of England's best players when fit.

Although he's never fit so it's a moot point I suppose.

If he can't be relied on how can he be considered the best? Hodgson will literally gamble Englands chances on him when he's been out for almost a year ��

Germany destroying England
Yup, but you'll never stop me betting on England because I'm a fool
Germany is essentially Bayern Munich. England is a bunch of players who don't play like a team and a coach that got the job because the FA mistook looking like an owl for wisdom.
+1

Jack cw

Germany is essentially Bayern Munich. England is a bunch of players who don't play like a team and a coach that got the job because the FA mistook looking like an owl for wisdom.
Not anymore. Currently only 4 players are from Bayern but the core is basically the same as 2014 minus Lahm and Klose. Still, we are not in WC shape and Löw is still testing a lot of youngsters. We lack a decent right and left back as well as a finisher. We are pretty doable for England.

If he can't be relied on how can he be considered the best? Hodgson will literally gamble Englands chances on him when he's been out for almost a year ��
In terms of talent and ability he is one of the best. Whether he can be relied upon doesn't change that. I'd argue it's the same with Sturridge, although I haven't seen much of him since he came back from injury.

I should probably state though that I don't think Wilshere should go to the Euros, you should pick players based on form, not name. Which means Wilshere, Shaw etc. don't go. Hodgson has been making dodgy decisions with regards to call ups ever since he first got the job, and it's almost certainly not going to change.

I was just trying to give a reason as to why Hodgson wants to take him.

Why not both? On the other Hand, Tuchel even benches Reus or Micky if they don't bring up 100%. I think we see Götze in 2 years somewhere in Turkey.
You need to watch more BVB m8. Reus is only benched because he's injured all the time and Micky is pretty much playing every match. Kagawa and Castro are the ones you're looking for :p

Rubbish King

In terms of talent and ability he is one of the best. Whether he can be relied upon doesn't change that. I'd argue it's the same with Sturridge, although I haven't seen much of him since he came back from injury.

I should probably state though that I don't think Wilshere should go to the Euros, you should pick players based on form, not name. Which means Wilshere, Shaw etc. don't go. Hodgson has been making dodgy decisions with regards to call ups ever since he first got the job, and it's almost certainly not going to change.

I was just trying to give a reason as to why Hodgson wants to take him.

Fair enough.

Syder

Vardy on the bench? Roy plz
Laughable. Welbeck's gone back into the starting XI straight away too, and did he really have to play Henderson over Drinkwater? What's the point in calling these players up if they're not going to get minutes?

Are you looking forward to an unfit Wilshere disappointing us at the Euros?

Laughable. Welbeck's gone back into the starting XI straight away too, and did he really have to play Henderson over Drinkwater? What's the point in calling these players up if they're not going to get minutes?

Are you looking forward to an unfit Wilshere disappointing us at the Euros?

Can't wait for him, Rooney and Hendo to stink up the pitch in the Euros.

Rubbish King

We can win this, it's possible. I wish Alli would stop playing his bloody heart out, if he gets injured we're fucked

Hey, guys, what if we did something other than pass it back to the keeper

*collective gasp*

No, because that would be too entertaining

German national team "fans" are the worst people anyway.

Going to the stadium has nothing to do with football, it's a "cool" thing to do. The fans are mad and boo the team/single players when Germany isn't up 3-0 at halftime, only cheer when Germany scores and are generally acting terribly. Just look at this game, these jerks are doing a wave in the stands after 30 minutes in a 0-0 game.

That makes BVB fans cheering for Götze next season look like sane people.

Syder

We can win this, it's possible. I wish Alli would stop playing his bloody heart out, if he gets injured we're fucked
I say we just say 'fuck it' and convert to a diamond 4-4-2 with Alli behind Kane & Vardy and Dier protecting the defence on his own, Germany aren't pressing that much.

The only thing I hate in football more than friendlies is International friendlies.

Such a waste of fucking time.
Why do you hate club friendlies, though?

I mean, sure, I also prefer regular matches but seeing the talents from the youth team get some time with the first team in pre-season is pretty interesting.

Why do you hate club friendlies, though?

I mean, sure, I also prefer regular matches but seeing the talents from the youth team get some time with the first team in pre-season is pretty interesting.

I support Ipswich Town, pal. Our youth talent doesn't quite match up to Dortmund's.

Scoring against an injured keeper. CLASSLESS GERMANS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom