• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ready, I still have my Götze shirt!

Because nobody wants to buy it and I take it as a reminder to not get a player printed on a shirt anymore unless it's Kevin Großkreutz.

I'm ready, I still have my Götze shirt!

Because nobody wants to buy it and I take it as a reminder to not get a player printed on a shirt anymore unless it's Kevin Großkreutz.

Don't know what I'll be doing with this. Maybe 3rd time is the charm?

1u3dleF.png

Jack cw

Come on now, I can't see you guys selling us Götze directly. Not even talking about money, we're simply too good this season. Rummenigge would kill his brother before selling a player with this talent to a club who could be a threat to place 1 and where the player has functioned well in the past.

Also, 35m is a hilariously high price for someone that cost 37m, has only one year left on his contract and has done shit since joining Bayern. A fee above 20m is something we just wouldn't pay, unless Micky is leaving and we get like 80m lol
Im pretty sure Bayern is interested in keeping BVB competitive and Rummenigge is not Völler. If Götze wants to Dortmund then nobody at our board would have a problem with it. We also sold Kroos for 30 million with a year left and I doubt Götze would do a Lewandowski and wait another year. Thats the cheapest you can get with players with names like that and a year left. Juve was willing to pay 45 million with 2 years left.

Jarnet87

Fuck! Schweinsteiger Is out for the rest of the season. Ever since I got his Unuted kit it's been downhill for him.

Van Gaal gave birth to Midfield Bastian, Pepern ruined him, it's only fitting that it comes full circle and van Gaal kills him.

On a positive note, Wayne Rooney should be back after the break!

tumblr_mc5ajq3Tzz1rpjvnk.gif

How do people feel about this "European Super League" rumour?

I really like the idea of the best in Europe playing in a league format rather than a tournament simply because there would be so many good games to watch. The problem with a league format is it would eat into domestic leagues or the amount of teams would have to be cut significantly which ultimately would be a shame. I also dislike the rumour of the historical favourites getting priority as teams like Leicester wouldn't get the chance to show what they can do if anything on the international stage.

Syder

Pogba confirms he's staying at Juve next season.

Also, RIP Johan Cruijff. An absolute God tier football legend.

Also, fuck cancer.

Also, fuck Adam Johnson.

TeddyBoy

How do people feel about this "European Super League" rumour?

I really like the idea of the best in Europe playing in a league format rather than a tournament simply because there would be so many good games to watch. The problem with a league format is it would eat into domestic leagues or the amount of teams would have to be cut significantly which ultimately would be a shame. I also dislike the rumour of the historical favourites getting priority as teams like Leicester wouldn't get the chance to show what they can do if anything on the international stage.

The European Super League has been floated around before and they made the current Champions League in response to it. Once it is created, the rest of the national leagues will collapse as the biggest teams all flock to one super concentrated competition. It will change footbal drastically for the gain of the few clubs who are deemed 'big' enough to join.

Thankfully it's probably a good few years off yet.

RIP Cruyff.

Jack cw

DerZuhälter;199115906 said:
Oh wait, he did have sex with 15 year old? I thought the 6 years were only for the grooming and intent of having sex with her.
You know one goes 6 years to jail for it, Ribery gets another 6 years at Bayern for it. Fuck Bayern.

Meier

DerZuhälter;199115906 said:
Oh wait, he did have sex with 15 year old? I thought the 6 years were only for the grooming and intent of having sex with her.

From what the details seem to suggest, he finger banged her but they did not have intercourse. The grooming charge apparently gave him another year.

lol at the rumours of PSG wanting Daniel Sturridge for £50m.
Or at all.
Talent-wise, he's good enough for anybody but Barca imo, as second choice striker at least

No chance anybody would offer us more than £20M though with his injury record. He has to stay fit, and regain some pace/show that he can adapt to losing it.

He'll pull his thigh training for England, so it'll all be moot. Especially given that Hodgson has seemingly decided against tweaking his training regime.

Aubameyang. Madrid want a top level striker for 2016-17 and have already secured an agreement with Borussia Dortmund's Gabonese centre-forward, as AS reported on 10 March. The 26-year-old is in the best moment of his career (35 goals in 40 games) and has been approved by Zidane. Dortmund are adamant they want 100 million euros for the player. Several clubs in the Premier League are also keeping tabs on him, including Manchester United who, according to the Daily Mirror, have him in mind as part of José Mourinho's rebuilding project.
http://en.as.com/en/2016/03/24/football/1458813832_665070.html

Holy fuck, Auba is good, but not that good.

/no Goatze, pls

Yeah, it sounds (and is!) crazy. But we have no reason to sell and could sell him for 50m+ in 2 or 3 years as well with his current contract.

I can see Watzke saying, we'll only sell for an absurd price This summer.

In other, worse news, Röckenhaus (who's very close to BVB and doesn't write shit) wrote the following in the SZ:
- Sources close to Götze say that a return to BVB has been his target for some time now
- First steps towards a transfer with the Bayern bosses were made after the BVB - Bayern match, €20m sounds likely
- The big clubs Götze was dreaming about 2-3 years ago are not interested, Liverpool without CL not attractive enough

It's happening, isn't it?

Kill me pls
b07293d2f95cb856f3caf9b70f84e4b0_100_100.png

In today's market, that sounds about right tbh

You don't need the money, his contract isn't close to expiring iirc, you know Madrid have the money, you know they'll be desperate when Benzema gets sent to jail, and he's brilliant.

That's true.
Should we get 100m, then Sturridge should definitely become a transfer target for us.
lol, but at least Benteke as Ramos replacement, maybe?

In other, worse news, Röckenhaus (who's very close to BVB and doesn't write shit) wrote the following in the SZ:
- Sources close to Götze say that a return to BVB has been his target for some time now
- First steps towards a transfer with the Bayern bosses were made after the BVB - Bayern match, €20m sounds likely
- The big clubs Götze was dreaming about 2-3 years ago are not interested, Liverpool without CL not attractive enough

It's happening, isn't it?

Kill me pls
b07293d2f95cb856f3caf9b70f84e4b0_100_100.png

jcV79PU.gif

Incidentally, a few months ago, I gave away my Goatze shirt in a stash I gave to volunteers who work with refugees (practice football with them).
Back in the day I planned on burning it (after cutting out the bvb crest), but then I forgot about it.

Real Madrid: Pep viene a por Kroos | Marca.com

El plan B de Pep

Guardiola, que se reunió con Begiristain en Ámsterdam para planificar la temporada citizen, tiene un plan B si Kroos no sale del Madrid. Y este no es otro que Gundogan, al que ya tenía en agenda para el Bayern.
El internacional alemán de origen turco ya ha superado totalmente sus problemas de espalda -estuvo cerca de tener que dejar el fútbol- y vuelve a rendir en el Dortmund como antes de la lesión. El equipo de Tuchel espera retenerle para su regreso a la Champions de la próxima temporada, pero sabe que será difícil si el City va con el dinero por delante.

Apparently Gündogan is Pep's plan b if he can't get Kroos. Lmao, what an idiot.

jcV79PU.gif

Incidentally, a few months ago, I gave away my Goatze shirt in a stash I gave to volunteers who work with refugees (practice football with them).
Back in the day I planned on burning it (after cutting out the bvb crest), but then I forgot about it.

Remember when we dreamt of Reus-Kagawa-Götze?

Now it's a bad dream :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
After 2 years of not playing with Uruguay, Suarez scored against Brazil tonight. Could've scored a brace, too.

Truly the greatest 9 of this era, and it's not even close.

Fucking Hodgson, says he can't give Noble a call up based on "one good season" when he's been consistently performing for the past four seasons and is, statistically, one of the best performing English midfielders in the league - also, explain Danny Drinkwater's inclusion then? Didn't do shit last season. Then Roy has the temerity to compare the press calling for Noble's inclusion to their insistence that Grant Holt should go to the last World Cup, which seems ridiculous as Holt was an ageing striker who'd hit a purple patch and was scoring for fun, whereas Noble is a hugely consistent factor in West Ham's recent successes.

The last time Hodgson gave a shit about Noble was when he tried to sign him as Fulham manager and Mark told him to do one, so I guess that still rankles for Roy, the sour faced cunt.

Mista

Banned
Wassup gooners? You feelin alright? I dont think so
Why are we fucking up lately? Oh right, CAUSE WE DONT HAVE A FUCKING FINISHER!
Title race is done, Wenger must resign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom