• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
You spend 120 mins on the pitch for it to end on pretty much luck. Plus, watching England bow out due to penalties so often has made it even worse.

I'm actually american but my family came from england and I do support the english national team (and USA but not much as england).

I don't agree with that luck argument.

How would you end a game?

Me, personally, I'd get rid of extra time and go straight to penalties after 90 minutes.

Empty

this england team is actually quite likeable

please no rooney. please. send him on a plane to china and refuse to allow him to return.

I could cry

Hold it till you win the league, lololo

d1Iw6Cu.gif

/
Schurrle and Ozil were garbage. Not the subs to bring on when England bring on thirsty Vardy and Barkley.
Özil, Kroos and Schürrle are like the Satan's trifecta of phlegmatic wimpyness :|

Orbis

Only a friendly, but that was some of the most positive and productive football England have played for years. I was satisfied even at 2-1 down. We scored more goals in this game than our whole miserable World Cup campaign.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I wish I'd put more on England winning

they were 8:1 with both teams to score

Only a friendly, but that was some of the most positive and productive football England have played for years. I was satisfied even at 2-1 down. We scored more goals in this game than our whole miserable World Cup campaign.

Let's talk about that tomorrow when Hodgson says some more annoying shit

Even though it was only a friendly, that was a pretty decent performance. Great finishes from Vardy and Kane. No doubt they should be starting up front together at the Euros.

Syder

The best thing about this result isn't the bragging rights or the morale boost but the clear message put right in front of Roy Hodgson's face. Play the old guard, we get taken apart; give the hungry players a shot, we play entertaining football.

The best thing about this result isn't the bragging rights or the morale boost but the clear message put right in front of Roy Hodgson's face. Play the old guard, we get taken apart; give the hungry players a shot, we play entertaining football.

Bolded doesn't rhyme, sorry.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

Totally agree. Also fuck off welshite. Keep him on the bench.

Rooney will ruin what could be a decent team

Doubt we'll be in the final or anything regardless, but we have no chance with him in the team. He makes us clank.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I hope now more people realise England don't need Rooney.

he's the last of that "golden generation" that needs to just fuck off and retire.

It's obvious that Rooney will walk straight back into the line-up. The question is, where? I'd have no problem replacing Henderson for him, and trying him out in midfield.

We really shouldn't be stifling the creativity and freedom of Kane, Alli, Sterling and Vardy/Welbeck though.

It's far too late to try shoehorning Rooney into a CM position. If Henderson doesn't improve, replace him with an actual midfielder.

Rooney hasn't got the energy to play there for starters.

Jarnet87

It's far too late to try shoehorning Rooney into a CM position. If Henderson doesn't improve, replace him with an actual midfielder.

Rooney hasn't got the energy to play there for starters.

If Roy is going to force him into the lineup, my guess is it's behind Kane or out left. Either way it's a huge mistake. It's the perfect opportunity to phase Rooney out. You put him on the bench or leave him out entirely and do well in the Euros and his name will be an afterthought for the World Cup in 2018.

If Roy is going to force him into the lineup, my guess is it's behind Kane or out left. Either way it's a huge mistake. It's the perfect opportunity to phase Rooney out. You put him on the bench or leave him out entirely and do well in the Euros and his name will be an afterthought for the World Cup in 2018.

Christ

I'll be livid if he's starting in the summer. If he's around the team in 2 year's time, I'll go thermonuclear.

Last night's match, friendly though it was, should be the final nail in the coffin of Rooney's position as guaranteed starter. And with him, we can say goodbye to the massively disappointing era of the England team of 2004-2014. Hopefully anyway.

Jack cw

So Gündogan is gone to City then. Managment still denies "nothing is decided" bla bla.
12 million per year. Only 10 other players to go for City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom