• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

United sold him for a good price though and now is their chance to get Mario Götze!

We were a stop gap for Di Maria, PSG was his first choice.Jorge Mendes getting that double agent payday.

Gundogan at United would be lawls, be on the treatment table more then Hargo.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Really sad to hear about butland

It's far too late to try shoehorning Rooney into a CM position. If Henderson doesn't improve, replace him with an actual midfielder.

Rooney hasn't got the energy to play there for starters.

Exactly, the man sucks the pace out of Uniteds plays as soon as he touched the ball, he'll just further fuck it up.

Get him on the cunting bench

Really sad to hear about butland

Exactly, the man sucks the pace out of Uniteds plays as soon as he touched the ball, he'll just further fuck it up.

Get him on the cunting bench

While I agree with you and The Hitcher, this is just not going to happen. He will be starting. No doubt in my mind about that. So I'd much rather see him a bit further back in the team to allow the young, energetic forward lot the opportunity to flourish.

Maybe we'll get lucky and he breaks his leg in the last game of the season.
I don't mean that.

Rubbish King

While I agree with you and The Hitcher, this is just not going to happen. He will be starting. No doubt in my mind about that. So I'd much rather see him a bit further back in the team to allow the young, energetic forward lot the opportunity to flourish.

Maybe we'll get lucky and he breaks his leg in the last game of the season.
I don't mean that.

But he's not fit enough to play a CM, and who would he replace? Certainly not Dier.

He's just a dinosaur and I think if the press continually highlight this we might have a chance

On the basis of these players all actually being fit (and with Wilshere having a decent amount of game time before the tournament) this would be my team:

I don't think the likes of Lallana, Rooney, Walcott, Ox etc. deserve a place in the team. Think Barkley is too inconsistent as well and Henderson isn't really good enough.

Wilshere could drop back to play alongside Dier and allow Alli to roam further forward, Vardy offers pace on the right and can cut in to play alongside Kane when the opportunity arises and Welbeck offers excellent teamwork and applies a lot of pressure. Sturridge maybe doesn't fit unless he's willing to put the same amount of work in that Welbeck does.

Wilshere is going to be injured forever though so Henderson probably moves into his place.

Maybe Drinkwater slots in alongside Dier and you play with two defensive minded midfielders...

LNBL

Danny blind is such a fucking idiot, honestly. Anything that comes out of this guy's mouth is just rubbish. Hope he gets sacked asap

RiggyRob

On the basis of these players all actually being fit (and with Wilshere having a decent amount of game time before the tournament) this would be my team:

I don't think the likes of Lallana, Rooney, Walcott, Ox etc. deserve a place in the team. Think Barkley is too inconsistent as well and Henderson isn't really good enough.

Wilshere could drop back to play alongside Dier and allow Alli to roam further forward, Vardy offers pace on the right and can cut in to play alongside Kane when the opportunity arises and Welbeck offers excellent teamwork and applies a lot of pressure. Sturridge maybe doesn't fit unless he's willing to put the same amount of work in that Welbeck does.

Wilshere is going to be injured forever though so Henderson probably moves into his place.

Maybe Drinkwater slots in alongside Dier and you play with two defensive minded midfielders...

Ahahahaha - Wilshere having game time, nice one.

If Rooney doesn't deserve to be in the team (and he most certainly doesn't), there is no way Wilshere does either coming from an even longer layoff.

4-3-3 is the way to go, stick Vardy on either wing he's most comfortable with, Welbeck on the other, Kane up front, Alli behind and two of Dier/Drinkwater/Henderson, Rose left back, Smalling + Stones/Cahill and Clyne right back.

If Rooney doesn't deserve to be in the team (and he most certainly doesn't), there is no way Wilshere does either coming from an even longer layoff.
Which is why I said Henderson or Drinkwater come in. I worded my post incorrectly it was more of a hypothetical 'if everyone was actually fit' scenario. Only way I would support Wilshere going was if he came back straight after the international break (thus getting a decent chunk of game time) and hit form straight away (like Welbeck has after 10 months out) but he won't, considering he has apparently only just started running outside.

I think England's options in the centre of midfield aren't that great, which is why Wilshere gets brought up so often.

I also wouldn't drop Rooney due to his injury, I would drop him because I just don't think he is good enough any more, and doesn't fit into this England team anywhere with the other players that are available.

ml5ARK2.gif

Ashton, what a legend. Crazy to think what could've been if not for one ill-timed challenge from the feckless Sean Wright Phillips.

Carbonox

4-3-3 is the way to go, stick Vardy on either wing he's most comfortable with, Welbeck on the other, Kane up front, Alli behind and two of Dier/Drinkwater/Henderson, Rose left back, Smalling + Stones/Cahill and Clyne right back.

I like this.

slider

Ashton, what a legend. Crazy to think what could've been if not for one ill-timed challenge from the feckless Sean Wright Phillips.

I was meant to be at Nobes' testimonial. A couple of mates messaged me about Ashton's overhead. Looks glorious. Gutted for the bloke and us too.

Studge tends to get injured in training rather than matches, so hopefully he should be fine having come through today.

And he need matches to get up to speed, so this could be good for him. 1 match in a week shouldn't be a problem as long as he doesn't play the full 90 if he's not up to it.

Milner should be nowhere near the first 11 for England. Good for City, mediocre for us, atrocious for England. That's how I regard him tbh.

The thing I love about Milner is that he doesn't actually seem to be much fitter than his peers. He's blowing out his arse on 40 minutes, but carries on trying to sprint

Rubbish King

I honestly think that, if both fit, Milner and Rooney will be starting at the Euros.

Fucking travesty.
What's wrong with Milner? He may not be a great starter but when we're in Paris let's say we get a few cheeky goals in, Milner is the perfect player to deploy when we want to park the bus.

Personally think he's been so poor for England, he shouldn't be in the squad. 23 players should be enough that we won't need his versatility in response to an injury crisis.

Rubbish King

Odds for Holland game are terrible, we've beaten then once out of the last 12 meetings and yet we're 4:5 and holland 4:1

Can I bet against queen and country tho

Roy disagrees

This is a fact. Not untill France stopped caring did we come back into the game...

To then have them try again for 2 minutes to score the winner.

British cunts will poop on our chests.

Expect we'll look pretty dysfunctional tonight. One or two debutants, Sturridge can barely run at the moment, Milner makes his zone of the pitch clanky as fuck.

Bit of a shame we've had to wait so long to see the team that played against Germany. Tonight's match would have been ideal to get that lineup another match to adapt to eachother and tweak a few things, but we've run out of time for that since we still need to see how the mixed first/second 11 can play together.

Reckon tonight will be like a test run for having players unavailable. And that's the team Sturridge is in, which is a bit ironic :p

sora87

Vardy/Kane/Sturridge
Alli or Barkley
Henderson/Dier or Drinkwater
Rose/Smalling/Stones/Clyne
Forster

That squad should at least get out the group.
I'd take Noble over Rooney too.

Anyone living in the US know what channel the England match is on? I checked real quick to DVR it before I had to leave and I couldn't find it.

Syder

Vardy/Kane/Sturridge
Alli or Barkley
Henderson/Dier or Drinkwater
Rose/Smalling/Stones/Clyne
Forster

That squad should at least get out the group.
I'd take Noble over Rooney too.
You're never left questioning Noble's commitment. He's a guaranteed 7 or more out of 10 pretty much week in/week out, year in/year out.

Based on current form and what we saw in the Germany game, this is the starting XI I'd use in the opening fixture of Euro 2016 against Russia:

However, based on what we've seen from the hack known as Roy Hodgson this the what we'll probably see:

Jack cw

Even Lewa is extending.

wow

we will probaby have the most expensive team in europe next season.

Not really. Götze leaving, Ribery and Robben will extend for way less than their wages right now for another two years and Benatia will be loaned too. So, we have actually around 30 million a year for 2 or 3 new players without widen the budget.

We are still far away from Barca and Real, overpriced mediocrity from City and PSG.

Syder

Worst thing about England matches is Clive Tyldesley's trite commentary.

France 1-0 Russia, N'Golo Kante. Leicester City well represented tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom