• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are UEFA going to fine the FA?

Hmm

Not sure the FA have any legal reason to avoid putting matches on terrestrial TV that coincide with those on pay-only

UEFA can do one if they have a problem with that. BT are a joke.

Also they're running out of slots for the replays, so not sure when else they could put it really. UEFA/nationals dominate the midweek, and the PL/nationals dominate the weekends, so there was nowhere else they could put the game. No matter when they played it, it'd interfere with preparations for another match for one or both of the teams, or it'd coincide with another competition, or it'd be on at a time that would badly effect the match-going fans.

Cf68RkXVAAAK1Kw.jpg:large

Mins per 2015/16 PL goal or assist (excl. pens) for PFA noms:
Ozil 109
Mahrez 114
Payet 125
Vardy 126
Kane 162
Kante 643

Always with the attackers (Kante aside).

No Benzema at the Euros. Confirmed by Benzema himself

"Malheureusement pour moi et pour tous ceux qui m'ont toujours soutenu et supporté. Je ne serai pas sélectionné pour notre Euro en France..."

Google translated to:

"Unfortunately for me and for all those who have me always supported and supported. I am not selected for our Euro in France..."

Meier

So is Benatia not travelling because he forgot his passport true?

Well, it's not like he couldn't go the next day or whatever even if he missed the team flight. It's strangely common for these players to forget their passports, but it usually works itself out. I guess he could be punished but if they had intended to play him, that seems like something they'd probably overlook and just fine him..

Jack cw

So is Benatia not travelling because he forgot his passport true?

It sadly is.
I doubt he would have played though. The Benatia and Bayern story obviously never was about love.

At least Coman is on board. He is our best winger and if we are in trouble then Pep will bring him. Defence with Alaba, Kimmich and Martinez should be enough for this game tonight. We need one goal.

TeddyBoy

No Benzema at the Euros. Confirmed by Benzema himself

"Malheureusement pour moi et pour tous ceux qui m'ont toujours soutenu et supporté. Je ne serai pas sélectionné pour notre Euro en France..."

Google translated to:

"Unfortunately for me and for all those who have me always supported and supported. I am not selected for our Euro in France..."

That's a shame, Giroud would be first choice now I'd imagine.

Welcome!

moojito

Commentator: "Randolph picks up the ball"
West ham fans relax
Commentator "But it goes out straight to Fellaini!"
West hams fans relax even more.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
would be glorious if pep's stint at bayern would come to such an ignominious end, but don't think benfica can do something that juventus failed so spectacularly at.

benfica is shit and bayern is a disgrace. Luis enrique is the worst coach of the big clubs. He might be the worst in history with the best trophy list

Syder

Game over unless Bilić makes some drastic changes. I felt going into this match that we'd choke on another big occasion.

moojito

Noble just carried a hobbling Anders-Hererra off the pitch since he was taking so long. Glad Anders-H took it in reasonably good humour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom