• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you kept playing attacking football even at 3-1 (agg) and 4-2 (agg) when you could have just shut us down and you took your goals well.
Well, could we have shut you down? The last two goals were (from what looked like rather poorly executed) set pieces. No way to shut that down except with generally better defending.

Tawpgun

Holy shit what a game. Glad I caught it all.

My only regret was not going to the Liverpool bar in Boston on my way home to watch it. I just assumed it was gonna be at capacity.

Tawpgun

lol go like 3-4 pages back and look at all the "RIP liverpool its over they're done."

Yall even shut down the one dude who said liverpool still had a chance

King_Moc

Banned
lol go like 3-4 pages back and look at all the "RIP liverpool its over they're done."

I was so tempted to quote everyone after FT. Shit talking just makes you look bad whatever the outcome.

Beefy

Yes we all knew Dortmund would collapse....
It's good to look back on things and see how wrong you are sometimes. But you had the added advantage of seeing it when it is all done.

Jack cw

Hummels after match interview was hilarious. He said that they shit their pants, because of the atmosphere and the crowd. 4 goals conceded in one half... Still can't believe this collapse.

Blablurn

Hummels after match interview was hilarious. He said that they shit their pants, because of the atmosphere and the crowd. 4 goals conceded in one half... Still can't believe this collapse.
A world champion who played the final in wembley and rio shouldnt say something like this.

King_Moc

Banned

The collapse started on Coutinho's goal really, and it was deathly silent at the time. Sounds like he's making excuses.

Syder

Step right up! Step right up! See the man who can get football predictions wrong all the time!
Predictions for European ties this week?

Manchester City 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain

Real Madrid 3-1 VfL Wolfsburg

Atlético Madrid 2-2 Barcelona

Benfica 0-0 Bayern Munich

Liverpool 1-2 Borussia Dortmund

I'm going with the away teams I guess.
Every away team crashed out except for Bayern XD

LNBL

Lovren's jump to slide celebration is hilarious haha

2ad1ba697f3c58fe388553697865d0c3.gif

Jack cw

A world champion who played the final in wembley and rio shouldnt say something like this.
I don't know. If it wasn't for Boateng in Rio, we surely lost it there. The last couple of cup games where Dortmund could have won something were all lost because of shit defending. Partly his fault. But the game against Liverpool was lost by Tuchel.
Step right up! Step right up! See the man who can get football predictions wrong all the time!Every away team crashed out except for Bayern XD
Fuck Bayern!

I am (quite literally) anxious about Tuchel. Will he learn of his mistakes ? Will Dortmund grow and do the wise thing which is to leave this to the past and focus on the future ?

What exactly did Tuchel do wrong yesterday?

Actually, the team was spot on. A quick 0-2 that lasted until the half, everything fine there. After the half, we unfortunately conceded instantly, however, the team reacted well and scored the 1-3. And at that point (which is the more interesting thing Hummels said) our players thought the game was done. Which showed at the goals we conceded, Coutinho's shot should have been avoided/blocked and we needed better marking/defending on the other two goals.

And really, we did okay controlling the game, which obviously sounds hilarious after the result. Liverpool had chances but not so many great ones. And the last two goals they've scored were goals that don't happen in 90% of the matches. I was about to say "it's amazing how many shit corners professional players are able to pull off" before Sakho's goal put me quiet. And for the last goal, Sturridge almost lost possession before Milner's cross. With just a bit of luck, at least one of these goals could have been prevented.

elseanio

What exactly did Tuchel do wrong yesterday?

Actually, the team was spot on. A quick 0-2 that lasted until the half, everything fine there. After the half, we unfortunately conceded instantly, however, the team reacted well and scored the 1-3. And at that point (which is the more interesting thing Hummels said) our players thought the game was done. Which showed at the goals we conceded, Coutinho's shot should have been avoided/blocked and we needed better marking/defending on the other two goals.

And really, we did okay controlling the game, which obviously sounds hilarious after the result. Liverpool had chances but not so many great ones. And the last two goals they've scored were goals that don't happen in 90% of the matches. I was about to say "it's amazing how many shit corners professional players are able to pull off" before Sakho's goal put me quiet. And for the last goal, Sturridge almost lost possession before Milner's cross. With just a bit of luck, at least one of these goals could have been prevented.

I'd guess we only had 4 shots on target, they just all happened to go in. It is definitely down to a bit of luck. Dortmund did well to contain us otherwise.

I'd guess we only had 4 shots on target, they just all happened to go in. It is definitely down to a bit of luck. Dortmund did well to contain us otherwise.

Yeah, it was one of these Kloppo nights.

Anyway, what I also found remarkable was how both Klopp and Dortmund did not take adavantage of their knowledge of each other. On Klopp's side, I wondered how he allowed Hummels so much freedom. Plenty of matches have shown that if you mark Hummels, we have problems going forward. But Klopp didn't really bother to do so and Hummels scored a goal in the home match and had an assist yesterday. And for Dortmund, everyone (except Weigl and Castro) should know that Klopp teams never give up. And that surprised even players like Hummels who played the full seven years under Klopp.

Jack cw

I'd rather have a book on why german clubs have lost their mentality to win and fight to the bitter end. Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen all need a couple of Spaniards in their squad.
And I think that Tuchel might need a new Laptop.

Blablurn

I'd rather have a book on why german clubs have lost their mentality to win and fight to the bitter end. Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen all need a couple of Spaniards in their squad.
And I think that Tuchel might need a new Laptop.

maybe rangnick can help him out

Kolx

I'd have preferred Bayern rather than City to face us but City is still a good choice.
As long as we don't face Atletico in the semi final we're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom