• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

CMc_K9mWEAAR3nI.jpg:large

what a classy team

i always had a soft spot for dortmund

Portugeezer

He made a bad impression to me last week. Actually, all the strikers did, our defense was shit and Porto had some great chances but all of them have been wasted.

He had been solid in pre-season, last week was just a meh match for everyone. And today he gave a great performance, great control, great link-up play, good finishing. Not to mention he is a beast.

I always liked him even when Jackson was about, hope he shines this season.

Blablurn

Match Day! Come on #effzeh

"News" on the planned expansion of the Rhein Energie Stadion in Cologne.

Current capacity (national): 50.374 (11th largest)
Current capacity (international): 46.120 (12th largest)

Planned capacity (national): 75.000 (2nd largest [spot shared with Munich])
Planned capacity (international): 71.120 (2nd largest)
Not too bad! It's a nice stadium already. And Cologne fans always come to the games :) And think about all the concerts over there. Easy money to be made.

Not too bad! It's a nice stadium already. And Cologne fans always come to the games :) And think about all the concerts over there. Easy money to be made.

Last season we've had a degree of capacity utilization of 97,98%. Those missing 2% are owing to the penalty after the Gladbach game. (2 blocks of our stances had to be left empty for three games)

Please root for Frankfurt today. Fuck Golfsburg, thank you.
rubick-laugh.gif

I don't really want to root for Wolfsburg. But I must, since they are one of very few teams that can compete with Bayern. And I absolutely don't want Bayern to win the championship again this year. I don't expect Dortmund to be ready to attack them yet, so somebody else has to do it.

And although Wolfsburg is mainly supported by VW money, you gotta hand it to them that they have a very good team with awesome young players like De Bruyne and a sympathetic coach. Also they play in the Bundesliga continuously since 1997. They are no Hoffenheim or RB Leipzig.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Bayern are still gonna win it of course, that team is an embarrassment of riches at full health and still world class even with injuries. Healthy Dortmund with new tactics being CL caliber would be a pleasant surprise as they're fun to watch when they play well. Who knows how the De Bruyne thing ends. Whatever team he's on is going to be CL round of 16 quality at least. It would hilarious if he's the next ex-Chelsea young player who turns out to be a beast on a title competitor. But his development as the best player on a CL side with Volkswagen money is interesting in its own right.

This is amazing

UlT3rZ0.jpg
Koeman should be in a Barça shirt, not Hughes. The man won us our first CL and was a star player on our first Dream Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom