• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season we've had a degree of capacity utilization of 97,98%. Those missing 2% are owing to the penalty after the Gladbach game. (2 blocks of our stances had to be left empty for three games)

Is it possible to get tickets when teams like Bayern, Wolfsburg, Dortmund come to town?

Planning on finally checking a Koln match out with a couple of buddies since we only live like an hour/hour and a half away.

I don't think I've ever seen a ball trickle in that slowly from that far out.

Oh, looked quicker in the replay. Swear it seemed like it was in slow motion in real time.

Is it possible to get tickets when teams like Bayern, Wolfsburg, Dortmund come to town?

Planning on finally checking a Koln match out with a couple of buddies since we only live like an hour/hour and a half away.

Even for matches against teams like Paderborn tickets rarely got into the public sales phase.

In Cologne pre-selling proceeds like this:

In the first week only people who've been members for 20+ years are able to buy tickets.
The next two weeks only members can buy tickets.
After that, everyone can have a go, if tickets are still available. And if they are, it's mostly in the 50+€ per ticket range.

Even for matches against teams like Paderborn tickets rarely got into the public sales phase.

In Cologne pre-selling proceeds like this:

In the first week only people who've been members for 20+ years are able to buy tickets.
The next two weeks only members can buy tickets.
After that, everyone can have a go, if tickets are still available. And if they are, it's mostly in the 50+€ per ticket range.

Oh, damn. Thanks for letting me know.

I'm not sure if Cech could have done better for today's goal yet, but if we're going to insist upon always conceding shit goals no matter who the keeper is I'd really prefer it to be Chesney. At least he came up through the youth system.

Godan

For Ramsey playing the right of the 3 in the middle of the midfield he sure spends a lot of his time in the middle or on the left.

yagal

Gazzetta dello Sport says Madrid is gonna sign Kovacic from Inter. 30 mil euros.

why.jpg

Ma davvero?
oy76ur.jpg

OM was a mistake

This is pretty BS refereeing, how many times has Coquelin got to take someone out before the ref will do his job properly? If it was a Palace player, he'd have picked him up and thrown him off the pitch himself

Not too much in that? Lol. He was absolutely shoved out from under the ball in the box. Not complaining due to the luck we got with Coquelin earlier, but I dunno how the commentator could act as if that push was nothing.

Not too much in that? Lol. He was absolutely shoved out from under the ball in the box. Not complaining due to the luck we got with Coquelin earlier, but I dunno how the commentator could act as if that push was nothing.

Shoulder barging is a regular occurrence, Giroud made a bigger deal out of it than he needed to. You can't give a penalty for that even if the ref hadnt had a howler

Shoulder barging is a regular occurrence, Giroud made a bigger deal out of it than he needed to. You can't give a penalty for that even if the ref hadnt had a howler

Shoulder...? It was a forearm in the back while Giroud was in the air and the defender wasn't. Nothing to do with shoulders.

My complaint is with the commentators often speaking in platitudes, speaking just for the sake of speaking, when the words they say are completely disconnected from reality. It's not something I'd like to see a penalty given for, but it's a foul anywhere else. He was pushed. The commentator doesn't have to act like there wasn't a push when there clearly was just to explain why a foul wasn't given.

It was just about outside the box anyway.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Played well against a very tough side in Crystal Palace. Good 3pts. Palace will easily finish in the top 8. Top side.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
a win is a win! CP played really well, Arsenal still looking sluggish in defense

Arsenal haven't been filling me with any confidence at all so far, but I'll take it.

I've noticed over the years that when we do dreadfully/lose all our preseason games we seem to hit the ground running and have a respectable season, with the opposite also being true. I should have seen this coming after our sweep through the friendlies. I guess it's a typical case of overconfidence, which Arsene alluded to in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom