• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that is 100 premier league goals for Aguëro (though it was offside). Quickest 100 goal in total amount of games played in the Premier League and second fastest at a single Premier League club (Shearer is 1st). Never won a PFA award or even a team of the season and has only been nominated once for player of the year, bit odd that one.

Doesn't play for a big club ( :p )

la_briola

Bayern Dusel. One goal disallowed and then a Schwalbe.
jugg-dizzy.gif

Unless you scores goals as a midfielder you're unlikely to be put in the Premier League Team of the Year, it's been that way for a while.

Yeah I totally get that goal scorers are always going to get praise but when you see a player that is clearly the crux of the team and is also brilliant they should be put first. Personally I wouldn't have even nominated Vardy either because Kanté and Mahrez are far better players but I know if there was only one candidate per club Vardy would walk it.

would you? Costa and Kane were on a higher level for the first half of last season.

Yeah. They weren't really that much better, they were never out and out in the clear. Costa certainly looked quality in the first half of last year and Kane smashed a good amount in. But then when you look at the distribution of Aguëros play he is consistent, if he plays he either provides key passes or scores it never really comes in the first or second part of the season, and considering the results he gets whilst having decent periods of injury it seems a bit daft not to have a bit of forethought.

Syder

A.Villa is -42? Holy shit.
Although Villa aren't the worst performing team in Premier League history points-wise, many have been calling them the worst ever because of how dire their performances for most of the season have been, and I, for one, agree with that sentiment. 3 managers, 3 wins.

Although Villa aren't the worst performing team in Premier League history points-wise, many have been calling them the worst ever because of how dire their performances for most of the season have been, and I, for one, agree with that sentiment. 3 managers, 3 wins.

As of now? I think so. Without checking anything, I they Derby County finished with 18 points.

Jack cw

The diving ass is called Vidal, not Stieler.

Bayern Dusel. One goal disallowed and then a Schwalbe.
Bayern in championship mode always brings out the best of the haters.
Thats how u win the treble. This is not your usual guardiola team anymore.
We play brutally on result, what in the end will get us the treble. Pep is close to redeem himself. We lost only 3 games this season, just like 2013 under Jupp.

Gorlak

Banned
Arsenal making an interesting season finish! Will they secure the fourth place? Can they do it again?

That was an amazing breakdown :( Fuck. So predictable, yet the hopes still get up during the season. Has Ozil broke the assist record yet, because if not I doubt he will.

Sorry milky, I didn't mean to get aggy, but that booing fucked me off. I know Rose has been a penis at times in the past but the noise they made was overwhelming considering the minor shit he pulled. Especially when compared to what Adam has done to spurs in the past, now that is a bloody deserved grudge.

Luckily the home end emptied out and put a stop to that so we could just play good football.

Atleast now Stoke have a decent reason to be angry at spurs in general eh? ;)

That's because it is, and subsequently, why Wilshere is complete and utter tool.

No worries mate, didn't get that vibe at all.

T-Rex.

Banned
Weird atmosphere before the Merseyside derby tonight. All the Ev fans I know have given up on life pretty much! They're usually hopeful of getting a result, but damn I've never seen any of them so glum.

Serious quesion about the Neuer, do you think he will retain his title of the best goalkeeper two more years ? Guys like Joe Hart and de Gea are damn close to him, performance wise.

la_briola

Bayern in championship mode always brings out the best of the haters.

We play brutally on result, what in the end will get us the treble. Pep is close to redeem himself. We lost only 3 games this season, just like 2013 under Jupp.

Hate? Its a fact.
faz said:
Im Zweifel für die Großen - dass die kleinen Klubs der Fußball-Bundesliga öfter unter Fehlentscheidungen zu leiden haben, hat der Stammtisch schon immer gewusst. Und die Frankfurt School of Finance weist nun auch nach, dass der Bayern-Bonus alles überstrahlt.
faz said:
Denn, sagt Feess: „Am extremsten ausgeprägt ist dieser Effekt, wenn man nur Spiele von Bayern München betrachtet. Da explodiert er geradezu.“
faz said:
Feess hat herausgefunden, dass die Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass ein nicht gegebener Elfmeter eine Fehlentscheidung war, bei Spielen von Mannschaften mit geringem Status gegen Bayern München dreimal größer ist als im statistischen Mittel.
faz said:
Das Ergebnis: „Für einzelne Teams gibt es diesen Effekt nur bei Bayern München“, sagt Feess. Und er sei so groß, dass ihn auch der Heimvorteil des Gegners in keinem Fall aufwiege. Feess ist sich sicher: „Was in der Öffentlichkeit gerne gesagt wird“ - über den Bayern-Bonus - „stimmt einfach.“ Und: Während die Schiedsrichter insgesamt besser werden, die Effekte also im Untersuchungszeitraum insgesamt sinken, nehme der Bayern-Effekt nur leicht ab, „aber nicht dramatisch. Er existiert auch heute noch“, sagt Feess.

-- http://plus.faz.net/evr-editions/2016-04-16/35567/228719.html

Jack cw

Amazing, if not incredible. The hate is now measureable and quantifiable. Simplify everything in the world into 3 questionable categories, ignore every outer conditions like angle or real time movement and human error and you get a mathematical algorithm for everything. A fact. Science.

Oh and kudos for all those quotes really. I bet that works in real life too for you.

Weird atmosphere before the Merseyside derby tonight. All the Ev fans I know have given up on life pretty much! They're usually hopeful of getting a result, but damn I've never seen any of them so glum.

It's understandable. A lot of fans I've spoken to IRL or on forums are sick to death of Bobby 'floodgate' Martinez. I honestly think the guy's a fraud. There's no way a manager of the top league in England should be so neglectful of a defence. Couple that with years of underachievement / under investment and Liverpool getting one of the more attractive managers in - you can kind of understand why they're nonplussed about it.

Syder

Probably the prospect of losing all/some of their best players without actually getting a decent league position/cup run out of them because of what they perceive as poor management/tactics from Martinez.

Jurgen Klopp's first Merseyside Derby could be Robbie M's last.

The England Euro squad is going to be tragic I can tell. Instead of picking fit and and sky-high in confidence players we'll stick with out of form or injured/recovering dross that will get us no-where.

Hype.

TeddyBoy

My Everton mates are the same, some even went as far to say they want Liverpool to beat them badly to make Martinez leave sooner!

The England Euro squad is going to be tragic I can tell. Instead of picking fit and and sky-high in confidence players we'll stick with out of form or injured/recovering dross that will get us no-where.

Hype.

I was just thinking about this.

Any room on the plane for Andy Carroll? He's been in fine form of late.

Kane, Vardy, Rooney, Sterling, Sturridge and Welbeck are certainties. Probably Walcott too.

bjaelke

Remember when your girlfriend left you and you were feeling down for a couple of weeks so eventually you went out and found a rebound girl so you could regain some of that self-esteem you had back when you were in a relationship? Deportivo appears to be that girl for Barcelona.

And she is getting rammed tonight. 8-0

I was just thinking about this.

Any room on the plane for Andy Carroll? He's been in fine form of late.

Kane, Vardy, Rooney, Sterling, Sturridge and Welbeck are certainties. Probably Walcott too.

I was thinking of Wilshere when I posted it, regardless of potential talent he's done next to nothing of note this season and lets face it would probably prefer to stick his face in a bag of coke or equivalent substance.

Hasn't Welbeck been injured for ages? We have Kane, Vardy, Sturridge, Rooney... do we need Welbeck? I'd rather take Carroll, he would offer us a decent plan B, thats a lot of strikers already

King_Moc

Banned
As well as being the top scoring club in the prem in 2016, Liverpool can now score headers. A hell of a change from October, especially with no transfers made.

I was thinking of Wilshere when I posted it, regardless of potential talent he's done next to nothing of note this season and lets face it would probably prefer to stick his face in a bag of coke or equivalent substance.

Hasn't Welbeck been injured for ages? We have Kane, Vardy, Sturridge, Rooney... do we need Welbeck? I'd rather take Carroll, he would offer us a decent plan B, thats a lot of strikers already

There is no way Hodgson isn't taking Welbeck.

And I expect even if Wilshire plays just the final game of the season he will still be picked. Hodgson has his favourites. That's why Milner is a certainty too.

I'd probably take Carroll. Just to throw on to cause mayhem when we're inevitability a goal down in the quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom