• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little tiresome to me - non stop in this half it's been "Costa has a short fuse"

Kicked by Kompany for a yellow card.

Elbowed by Fernandinho for a yellow card.

Yet what are Tyler and Neville talking about? Costa

He does need to know when to stop though. If we're going to get anything out of this game... then we need 11 men on the pitch, both physically and mentally.

He'd be much better off trying to wind up Kompany and/or Fernandinho and getting them sent off than laying them out flat.

GHG

It's a little tiresome to me - non stop in this half it's been "Costa has a short fuse"

Kicked by Kompany for a yellow card.

Elbowed by Fernandinho for a yellow card.

Yet what are Tyler and Neville talking about? Costa

This is football in England for you. These sorts of things happen to most players across the country every weekend.

Costa makes a bigger deal of it than most, hence here we are talking about him.

It's a tit for tat league, he needs to learn to deal with it. If not, I'm sure he won't struggle to find a top club on the continent that will take him.

Moobabe

He does need to know when to stop though. If we're going to get anything out of this game... then we need 11 men on the pitch, both physically and mentally.

He'd be much better off trying to wind up Kompany and/or Fernandinho and getting them sent off than laying them out flat.

He hasn't been booked, he's not really gone into any challenges yet we're talking, for some reason, about him rather than about the challenge.

Diego Costa always amazes me at his dedication to his odious theatrics, like he's demented enough to genuinely believe in all the feigning of injustices and injuries he does out there. Maybe that's where his power comes from.

He hasn't been booked, he's not really gone into any challenges yet we're talking, for some reason, about him rather than about the challenge.

Because it was a nothing elbow that came from a natural movement pertaining to the game that didn't even warrant a yellow. The bandages he came back on with was an absolute farce.

GHG

There was nothing wrong with the challenge, that's why. The first is petulant (Kompany) and the second just happens sometimes if you get caught under the ball.

He's the one losing his head at half time rather than storing the adrenaline for his second half performance - hence we are talking about him.

He hasn't been booked, yet. But it only takes one stupid push down the tunnel for the ref to send him off, I can't imagine Martin Atkinson will be very generous with him.

Of course, Fernandinho led with his elbow and may well be lucky to only have a yellow card

Moobabe

There was nothing wrong with the challenge, that's why. The first is petulant (Kompany) and the second just happens sometimes if you get caught under the ball.

He's the one losing his head at half time rather than storing the adrenaline for his second half performance - hence we are talking about him.

If there's nothing wrong with the challenge surely it wouldn't be a free kick or a yellow card?

GHG

He hasn't been booked, yet. But it only takes one stupid push down the tunnel for the ref to send him off, I can't imagine Martin Atkinson will be very generous with him.

Of course, Fernandinho led with his elbow and may well be lucky to only have a yellow card

I'd lead with my elbow too if I'm going up for a challenge with Costa. He's a cunt who loves a sneaky elbow so you have to protect yourself. Having said that, he didn't swing his elbow at him, hence it's just a yellow.

I find it greatly ironic that Costa is complaining about the treatment being dished out to him when he's the one giving it week in week out.

TeddyBoy

Chelsea's bench looks so weak at this point, I can't see how they can really change the game much.

City just need to keep this up and I'm sure Aguero will score again.

Sane_Man

Being combative doesn't make you a total prick.

Raheem Sterling is a total prick, for example, and has never tackled anyone in his life.

They're both pricks for different reasons. It's like you've completely forgotten last season and all the times Costa lashed out at players.

GHG

Chelsea's bench looks so weak at this point, I can't see how they can really change the game much.

City just need to keep this up and I'm sure Aguero will score again.

Zouma is on...

Costa is back out without the headband.... Hmmm....

AcridMeat

Banned
I remember when this thread used to be fun. OK guys my bad - it wasn't a foul, Costa overreacted and should probably have been sent off or something.
I never said it wasn't a yellow or a foul. Guess what? Fouls like that happen in almost every game played, but you don't see overreactions like that. That's why people are focused on it.

2nd half bye Terry.

With the way Ivanovic is struggling and JT has been subbed, I could easily see a back 4 of Rahman, Zouma, Stones and Azpili way before the end of the season being the norm. Assuming we sign Stones that is

Otemendi joining City for 40M apparently, announcement tomorrow.

Mangala on loan the other way too I saw? Which admittedly I found hard to believe given he's on the pitch right now, but stranger things have happened.

Cuadrado on will either be a master stroke or a death sentence

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Mangala on loan the other way too I saw? Which admittedly I found hard to believe given he's on the pitch right now, but stranger things have happened.

Cuadrado on will either be a master stroke or a death sentence

Yeah, I read that too. Found it weird, but it is plausible I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom