• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a great documentary on CNN World Sports right now. (About Hillsborough)

I think it's called "They'll never walk alone". Sadly I turned in too late, so I wonder if it's available anywhere. Just cannot seem to find a link :(

Empty

la liga title race is perfectly poised

except barca should win their final two games easily, which makes it a lot less exciting

though absolute scenes if espanyol derail them.

Going to my United bar in NYC for the Leicester match tomorrow morning. I'll go crazy when United score but clap when Leicester score. If they win the league at Old Trafford, it won't be so bad.

I just dont wanna accept another semi final out. i would rather lose in the final. but not against a fucking spanish team again

MouHuh.png

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Kinda gutted I can't watch the football today, but I think it's probably for the best because I'll probably have a nervous breakdown.

I'm not sure Leicester will take the title this week but I know it's imminent. All I want is to beat the snakes, glad Alli is out for it too, he'd probably be arrested for murder.

Really hope Leicester can do it themselves today and have a massive party at Old Trafford, but have a feeling they will draw, then Chelsea win tomorrow, so it'll be a bit of an anticlimax. Not that they'll give a shit!

GHG

Really hope Leicester can do it themselves today and have a massive party at Old Trafford, but have a feeling they will draw, then Chelsea win tomorrow, so it'll be a bit of an anticlimax. Not that they'll give a shit!

The Everton game will be bonkers if that happens. Vardy will be having a party.

Ideally it'll be all but mathematically sealed after the Spurs match tomorrow, and they can win it properly at home against Everton

Alpende

I hope they do it as well. I'll definitely watch the game.

DBT85

I kind of want them to win it at Old Trafford, partly to help Gaal out the door but also because it's got to be a great place to win it.

Then they can come out at home against Everton with the full honour guard and it's just a party for everyone there the whole day.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Anyone feeling for Martinez at the moment? I thought that protest at the end of the match was pretty shocking. The fella did dig his own grave promising champions league football after that hype train he came up from the championship with.
But it's not like they're battling relegation and with the new money being put into the club I won't be surprised to see them bump up a few places next season especially when you consider how unpredictable this one has been.

I don't really follow them that much aside from the headlines though so do we have a qualified scouser who can explain it to me.

Don't get me wrong that derby was fucking shocking and I was left cringing throughout but the players were at fault just as much imho.

I kind of want them to win it at Old Trafford, partly to help Gaal out the door but also because it's got to be a great place to win it.

Then they can come out at home against Everton with the full honour guard and it's just a party for everyone there the whole day.

I think it would be one of the best places to prove the point they've been making all along but I'm starting to think LVG isn't going anywhere, as long as he gets them a trophy at the end of the month I reckon that will be enough to keep him in. But there I go again with my shit opinions :lol

bjaelke

Gracenote Live @GracenoteLive

Liverpool field their YOUNGEST ever starting XL in the PL era: 23 years and 218 days. @LFC v @SwansOfficial #lfc #Epl

Ward; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Smith; Stewart, Chirivella, Ibe, Ojo, Coutinho; Sturridge.

Only 6 out of 7 subs included today. If not for Pedro starting I'm not sure I'd bother with the game.

TeddyBoy

But you could end up out of Europe completely next season.

We don't have a big enough squad to play a strong side against Swansea and against Villarreal.

We're basically making the call that we'd rather have Champions League football or no football rather than Europa League football.

Plus we are currently seventh and even if we finished this game with a win we would probably finish the season outside of European places anyway.

Most of the fans want him to prioritise the Villarreal tie right now so he's only losing faith from the owners if anyone (and I think they would probably prioritise the Europa League at this late stage).

Beefy

We don't have a big enough squad to play a strong side against Swansea and against Villarreal.

We're basically making the call that we'd rather have Champions League football or no football rather than Europa League football.

Plus we are currently seventh and even if we finished this game with a win we would probably finish the season outside of European places anyway.

Most of the fans want him to prioritise the Villarreal tie right now so he's only losing faith from the owners if anyone (and I think they would probably prioritise the Europa League at this late stage).

Only Palace beating United in the FA cup final stops 7th being in Europe? I would rather my team (Saints) not get in Europe next season.

TeddyBoy

Only Palace beating United in the FA cup final stops 7th being in Europe? I would rather my team (Saints) not get in Europe next season.

Ah yes that's true, well I think the gambles worth it in either case.

Benteke and Lucas are on, Coutinho and Chirivella are off at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom