• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Fellani is an elbowing piece of shit who never deserved to wear a Man U jersey and I hope he is shipped off to another team asap. But as shitty as elbowing is, hair pulling is almost as pathetic as biting another adult. Maybe he should go play with the ladies. Some savage hair pulling take downs there.

Huth yellow, Fellaini red would have been fair. Fellaini pisses me off with how much he swings the elbow. Huth is just dirty.

Huth yellow, Fellaini red would have been fair. Fellaini pisses me off with how much he swings the elbow. Huth is just dirty.

Yep, would have no problem with Fellani getting booked or sent off with every dirty elbow he has thrown. He would have been perma benched or shipped out long ago. He is a player who never would have had a whiff of a United transfer if it weren't for Moyes clueless transfer decisions. It's not like everyone in a United kit is a perfect sportsman, but any positive thing Fellani can bring to a match is massively out weighed by his shameful thug tactics.

On another note. Lindgard needs to bulk up a bit.

JKJRan8.jpg

EmiPrime

Sky and their "Monday night football" ruining football. :( It would have been a lot more exciting if the Leicester and Spurs games had been concurrent.

Even if Leicester get raided (Mahrez & Kante), they'll still have plenty of money (from CL, league title, raid transfers) to replenish and even improve their team.

Look at their most vital transfers pre season:
- Okazaki, 8m pounds
- Kante, 7m
- Huth, 3m
- Fuchs, free

And now their war chest will at least quadruple. Clearly their scouting (Ranieri) are simply good at spotting talent / good a team building.
If they can keep Ranieri they can continue to be candidates for 1-4, imho.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Why would any of those players give up CL football? I would be surprised if they lost anyone in the summer. They don't even need the money with the new tv deal and payouts.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't at least some of those players get a lot more money elsewhere?

Maybe but you would have to imagine anyone who might leave could negotiate a new one now.

Vardy is nearly 30. He is going to ride out the rest of his career at Leicester. Mahrez and Kante were both brought for basically nothing so even if they throw new contracts at them it's still a plus for the club.

Players want to go play at big clubs I guess. Why do players go move to a big club and sit on the bench? Seems silly but we see it all the time.

I don't think the "big club" idea really means anything these days. Everyone is so rich and Leicester have CL football so everything just seems like a step down.

Why would any of those players give up CL football? I would be surprised if they lost anyone in the summer. They don't even need the money with the new tv deal and payouts.

Depends what clubs come in for the likes of Mahrez and Kanté I suppose. Maybe they think Leicester won't make the CL again, and they may never get a chance to join a "bigger team" again.

Maybe but you would have to imagine anyone who might leave could negotiate a new one now.

Vardy is nearly 30. He is going to ride out the rest of his career at Leicester. Mahrez and Kante were both brought for basically nothing so even if they throw new contracts at them it's still a plus for the club.

Man U pays Rooney more than Leicester's entire payroll. A team is probably going to offer Kante 4 or 5 times what he's making now. Leicester can match that next year with the CL money but they can't afford to hand out huge raises to everyone without risking their long-term finances.

Jarnet87

what are you even blabbering about?

Players move to big bigger clubs even if it isn't the best move for their careers. Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair, Ricky Lambert all moved to bigger clubs where they got very little playtime. Everyone pretty much knew these guys had zero chance of being first teamers there. Mateo Kovavic just moved to sit on the bench at Madrid. Leicester are in a different position on the verge of winning the league and have UCL but if big clubs come in offering big transfer fees and contracts they will be off.

Man U pays Rooney more than Leicester's entire payroll. A team is probably going to offer Kante 4 or 5 times what he's making now. Leicester can match that next year with the CL money but they can't afford to hand out huge raises to everyone without risking their long-term finances.

So what? They could replace him with someone much better with the money they'll have + promise of CL football. Instead of someone from SM Caen they'll sign someone from Olympique Marseille. Instead of signing someone from Mainz, they'll sign someone from Leverkusen, etc.

Jarnet87

Why are you doing this City, why do you leave United with a faith glimmer of hope only for LVG to crush it. We could now go from rooting for City to rooting for Arsenal. It's all deadly.

So what? They could replace him with someone much better with the money they'll have + promise of CL football. Instead of someone from SM Caen they'll sign someone from Olympique Marseille. Instead of signing someone from Mainz, they'll sign someone from Leverkusen, etc.

The idea that there are 20 Kante's running around is completely wrong. Look at how Imbula has struggled at Porto and Stoke. Most clubs that get pulled apart in the transfer market fail to successfully re-load and the ones that do, like Atletico, have a manager with a vision of the players that he wants. Anyone who has followed Ranieri over the last decade will see how unlikely it is that he can pull this off.

Annoying we didn't get the job done today but oh well. 1 point closer and Vardy back next week (drinky not though), could be all over tomorrow however...

GHG

Annoying we didn't get the job done today but oh well. 1 point closer and Vardy back next week (drinky not though), could be all over tomorrow however...

Yeh it's a shame about drinkwater but it might not even matter anyway. King has done a good job for you guys when he's had to step in this season so I wouldn't worry even if you still need the points against Everton.

Thinking of that beach over in Abu Dhabi for the summer aren't you, Man City?

Fixed. The beaches are much nicer there as well.

Why are you doing this City, why do you leave United with a faith glimmer of hope only for LVG to crush it. We could now go from rooting for City to rooting for Arsenal. It's all deadly.

Just saw the score. Fuck sake, every time we have an opportunity to get close to City/pass them, we fuck up and then City go and fuck up on the same day too. Happened 3-4 times now.

The idea that there are 20 Kante's running around is completely wrong. Look at how Imbula has struggled at Porto and Stoke. Most clubs that get pulled apart in the transfer market fail to successfully re-load and the ones that do, like Atletico, have a manager with a vision of the players that he wants. Anyone who has followed Ranieri over the last decade will see how unlikely it is that he can pull this off.
There are literally 20 Kantes out there and 20 Mahrez too. Though you're right that most teams break apart over raiding. Still, plenty of teams survive just fine. The jump Leicester is about to make is just too huge. If Ranieri stays in office there is a chance that they'll remain in the top 4.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
what are you even blabbering about?
I don't know why you shot down his opinion because there is a pretty legit point there.

Leicester no matter how you skew it are not a big club. Some players want to move onto bigger and better things, some may have started there whole career to get to a certain club, yes Leicester will almost definitely win the premier league, there is however no guarantee that they will stay up next season, nor that they will be able to match wage offers from clubs with money to burn. So staying could be even more of a gamble than leaving to play for somewhere like United.

And what's the promise of Champions league football when the club hasn't got any experience in the competition as opposed to the bigger clubs that have a surplus of silverware.

I mean ofcourse there are counterarguments to that but damn man if you're gonna shoot a man down back it up.

El Topo

If you look at other leagues, there have been plenty of examples of one-and-done champs. Hopefully Leicester will avoid their fate.

Carbonox

Iheanacho ain't bad at all.

His Wiki entry:

"On 23 April 2016 Iheanacho scored two goals against Stoke City bringing his tally in all competitions to 11 goals.And twatted two in against Southampton. [26]"

get twatted

If you look at other leagues, there have been plenty of examples of one-and-done champs. Hopefully Leicester will avoid their fate.

Happened in the Premier League too with Blackburn, albeit thats a little different in that their owner spent a lot of money to get them there. 4 season later they were relegated.

Firemind

I don't know why you shot down his opinion because there is a pretty legit point there.

Leicester no matter how you skew it are not a big club. Some players want to move onto bigger and better things, some may have started there whole career to get to a certain club, yes Leicester will almost definitely win the premier league, there is however no guarantee that they will stay up next season, nor that they will be able to match wage offers from clubs with money to burn. So staying could be even more of a gamble than leaving to play for somewhere like United.

And what's the promise of Champions league football when the club hasn't got any experience in the competition as opposed to the bigger clubs that have a surplus of silverware.

I mean ofcourse there are counterarguments to that but damn man if you're gonna shoot a man down back it up.
Every athlete wants to play. The reason up and coming players go to a big club is because of greed and deceit. They (including their parents who are sometimes also their agents) are basically being bribed with a nice estate, nice cars, nice income, the promise of play time. Look at all the Real Madrid players who have rotted away the last decade because of incompetence at the top management. Players like Bale had to have several outstanding seasons before he left to Madrid and even then he got a shitload of criticism. What do bright players do? They go to a club that doesn't have near limitless resources and enormous pressure to win prizes every season. The Arsenals, the Liverpools and the Spurs of the league. Those are the clubs where you have the ability and time to improve and excel.

Maybe Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs are a step up for some Leicester players and I think most of them will make informed decisions as to whether they can make it at the very top.

DBT85

If someone offered Leicester stupid money for them and the player gets offered 200k a week you can bet they'll go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom