• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
rqn6N9N.jpg

Moobabe

Who is Jose going to blame today? Eva? 💉 Terry?🐌 Ivanovic?⛄️ Yaya? 🎂 Weather? ☔️ Parking the bus?🚍 Referee?👓 The Press? 📰 #bbcfootball

Jose reaction alert! we'll have some Mourinho quotes for you shortly, in which he describes this as a "fake result".

I can assure you Jose, it is very real.

Some more top stuff from the BBC

GHG

Well Toure COULD have been sent off for a second yellow - would have been harsh though

I think you were 2-0 down at that point already anyway.

It's a pointless discussion.

Chelsea were schooled today. That's a fact and it's reflected in the scoreline. 1-0 at half tine flattered Chelsea - it should have been 2/3-0.

He won't admit that his team were shit. Why, I don't know.

Moobabe

I think you were 2-0 down at that point already anyway.

It's a pointless discussion.

Chelsea were schooled today. That's a fact and it's reflected in the scoreline. 1-0 at half tine flattered Chelsea - it should have been 2/3-0.

He won't admit that his team were shit. Why, I don't know.

Oh we were schooled - happy to admit it - I was just looking to clarify his 9 men comment.

He's right on one thing - before City got the second we were having a great spell. 3-0 is harsh if you only consider that, 3-0 is fair over the whole game.

Jarnet87

Was thinking about Ivanovic and how much he's had to play. Looked up the stats and the guy has played 45-50 games + a year for 6 straight seasons. That has got to weight heavy on a player. Took a lot out of Evra when he was constantly playing all those games year after year.

Was thinking about Ivanovic and how much he's had to play. Looked up the stats and the guy has played 45-50 games + a year for 6 straight seasons. That has got to weight heavy on a player. Took a lot out of Evra when he was constantly playing all those games year after year.

Thing is, if it was such a problem we have had cover to support rotation and resting over those years, if he did it its because he could handle it physically. We also had a longer holiday than most other teams and then proceeded to play less games in pre-season. I think if he was tired/fatigued he would have had issues mid-way through the season.

I think the squad is not fit enough and either complacent or arrogant. Not to take away from Swansea and City for getting the results they got but we've certainly not helped ourselves.

I certainly won't be writing him off yet as he's always been great for us but players get older. Also worth noting its his last year of contract... so we'll see what happens at the end of the campaign.

Moobabe

That's the story for a lot of this team. In the two and a bit seasons under Mourinho I'd imagine Terry, Cahill, Brana, Cesar, Oscar and Hazard have played most or all of the matches. Oscar must have played an incredible amount of football since he's been with us.

So Otamendi seems to be joining City...what the fuck is United doing? Are they seriously not going to sign a centre back?

If Van Gaal keeps playing the defensive system that he's used the first two games they can probably get by with what they already have. Its going to limit their attack though.

I wish.

And I think especially Munich could fill it out.

But since the roof construction in the Allianz Arena is quite complex I doubt we can change much anymore :(

That plus you already have three tiers.You'd need to build a new one entirely (or miraculously resurrect and expand the Olympiastadion)

But how come ALL home games are sold out already? In Cologne we're still waiting for sale being opened on our third home game (Gladbach).

Gambit

If any country could make a 100+k footy stadium work, it has to be Germany. Make it happen.

Bayern could easily fill it all season long. The problem is that Munich was and still is against it for security reasons (which makes sense).

We already upgraded the capacity a little bit, but I cannot think where else to put people.

Blablurn

That plus you already have three tiers.You'd need to build a new one entirely (or miraculously resurrect and expand the Olympiastadion)

But how come ALL home games are sold out already? In Cologne we're still waiting for sale being opened on our third home game (Gladbach).

dont ask me

i guess they can see it from preorders

all i know it has been like this for yeeears

i think the last game that wasnt sold out was one random tuesday game against bochum years ago lol

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
just read the match report on Chelsea's website

LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom