• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Who, realistically can and will come in that will improve the team and have us winning titles?

Come on now... Wenger gets outsmarted by 9/10 managers we face these days and it takes individual moments of brilliance for us to win games.

It's not even about us winning titles in the immediacy, it's about us heading in the right direction. A manager who would have a go, get us sorted out tactically, doesn't treat the fans with contempt and use the resources available would be a start.

It's about getting a positive feeling around the club again. Until that happens it will be impossible for us to achieve anything.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Come on now... Wenger gets outsmarted by 9/10 managers we face these days and it takes individual moments of brilliance for us to win games.

It's not even about us winning titles in the immediacy, it's about us heading in the right direction. A manager who would have a go, get us sorted out tactically, doesn't treat the fans with contempt and use the resources available would be a start.

It's about getting a positive feeling around the club again. Until that happens it will be impossible for us to achieve anything.

Depending on whom takes over, im nothing but pessimistic.

Blablurn

I feel like 1 goal is doable against Athelico. If Athelico score a goal the match is over. No way in hell will Bayern score 3 goals against that magnificent defense. I'm betting on 1-0 for Bayern after 120 minutes and then dat penalty shootout. My poor heart.

if we just had something like form or momentum :(

https://streamable.com/7b9b
Compilation of spurs disgusting behaviour, deserves multiple bans.
So happy that such a vile team didn't win the league.
Also hearing Reports that rose pushed gus hiddink on to the ground near the tunnel after the game, how anyone can push hiddink is beyond me.

la_briola

Has Wenger groomed anyone as his successor? Like an assistant coach? Replacing someone who has had so much power for so many years is very difficult.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
900px-Alex_Ferguson.jpg

Turning into a Hockey match down there.

Let me preface this by saying that before this year I'd never watched more than 5 complete soccer/football matches. I'm 48 and I've seen a shit ton of american football, basketball, tennis, baseball over the years.

In the past four months...thanks to Manchester United games being on TV, and .....downloads.....giving me access to almost every game over the internet....I've become a fan. A United fan.

This Chelsea/Spurs match was perhaps the most entertaining team sporting match between two teams I could give two shits about I have ever seen. Seriously.

European football itself is imo, entertaining to watch (NOW) but the brawl tonight had me transfixed.

AND THAT WAS WHEN I ALREADY KNEW THE RESULTS BEFORE I STARTED WATCHING!

Thank you Spurs. I now dislike you, while totally respecting your football talent. Can't wait to see you play the Reds (under new management) next season.

GHG

Has Wenger groomed anyone as his successor? Like an assistant coach? Replacing someone who has had so much power for so many years is very difficult.

This is the problem. We don't even have a director of football FFS.

We would need to hire 3 or 4 people to properly replace him and get some proper structure around the club. No wonder he's imploding mentally, he's taken on far too much and he's only getting older.

Compilation of spurs disgusting behaviour, deserves multiple bans.
So happy that such a vile team didn't win the league.
Also hearing Reports that rose pushed gus hiddink on to the ground near the tunnel after the game, how anyone can push hiddink is beyond me.

http://m.fcupdate.nl/video/12010/hiddink-naar-de-grond-geduwd-in-opstootje-met-spurs/

Dutch site, But the video of Guus being pushed.

If there is justice, the Spurs get points deducted for this joke of a game.

Bumhead

Banned
As a Sheffield Wednesday fan I'm pretty excited by Leicester's achievements.

Leicester City: sold by Milan Mandaric to Thai owners..

Sheffield Wednesday: sold by Milan Mandaric to Thai owners..

Yeah I can get behind that!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
http://m.fcupdate.nl/video/12010/hiddink-naar-de-grond-geduwd-in-opstootje-met-spurs/

Dutch site, But the video of Guus being pushed.

If there is justice, the Spurs get points deducted for this joke of a game.

I don't know how you can tell that's a push because I watched the high quality video somebody already posted and I reckon the ruck between costa and vorm caused rose to fall his way. Either way it's certainly not clear cut without a better view.

spurs are fucking scum, what an embarrassing team to support.
Not for me mate ;)

Two consecutive posts just saying fuck spurs lol

I'll take your hate and roll around in it

Gambit

Ok, I was not gonna get hyped for tonight, but then I went to youtube.

Even though I haven't watched any football videos on this computer (am at uni) and am not logged in or anything, it recommended me the last 15 mins of the World Cup. So I watched it.

Then it recommended me Wembley CL 2013 from the stands. So I watched it.

Then I watched Stern des Südens sung at Wembley by the fans.

Now I am so completely hyped I cannot wait at all.

Come on, Bayern. Make history.

Geht's raus und spielt's Fußball!

I don't know how you can tell that's a push because I watched the high quality video somebody already posted and I reckon the ruck between costa and vorm caused rose to fall his way. Either way it's certainly not clear cut without a better view.

You're a good dude, King of Rubbish.

I'm just enjoying the rage, lust and drama.

BAN ROSE FROM PROFFESIONAL* SOCCER FOR LIFE!

*Although since he plays for Tottenham....

Ok, I was not gonna get hyped for tonight, but then I went to youtube.

Even though I haven't watched any football videos on this computer (am at uni) and am not logged in or anything, it recommended me the last 15 mins of the World Cup. So I watched it.

Then it recommended me Wembley CL 2013 from the stands. So I watched it.

Then I watched Stern des Südens sung at Wembley by the fans.

Now I am so completely hyped I cannot wait at all.

Come on, Bayern. Make history.

Geht's raus und spielt's Fußball!
Bayern will probably lose 1-3 or something...
I am still excited though.

Jack cw

Bayern will probably lose 1-3 or something...
I am still excited though.
They will.
The most obvious thing is that the mood inside the Bayern squad is not good, the team is not really a unit, too much turf fights and all. Atletico is a team made of a bunch of guys fighting for each other. This simple thing will make the difference why we will lose again.

L'Equipe says BVB and Dembele/Rennes will have a meeting tomorrow in which the deal is expected to be finalized.

Let's do this

criiiinge

but i guess he has the time for shit like this haha
It's terrible, isn't it?

However, remember when he made a cake. That was even better.

Edit: Haha, I found the gif I again :lol
ahc3evgyllyu.gif

They will.
The most obvious thing is that the mood inside the Bayern squad is not good, the team is not really a unit, too much turf fights and all. Atletico is a team made of a bunch of guys fighting for each other. This simple thing will make the difference why we will lose again.
Yeah, I can see thing being a factor. The fact that the guys on the pitch are 3 years older than the ones who won the CL is also playing against Bayern.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Congrats to Leicester! What an amazing story.

I saw this on Football Manager Fb page:

"Only in Football Manager" they said...

13087330_10153617952832616_3581494170299524422_n.jpg

Funny thing is that I think that with that team you can't win the Premier League in FM.

Compilation of Spurs Players' Reckless Tackles Against Chelsea

WTF! I haven't seen the game last night, but this look like at least 3-4 direct red cards. Was anybody sent off?

Congrats to Leicester! What an amazing story.

I saw this on Football Manager Fb page:

Funny thing is that I think that with that team you can't win the Premier League in FM.

WTF! I haven't seen the game last night, but this look like at least 3-4 direct red cards. Was anybody sent off?

That team got relegated in my FIFA career mode.

It really is quite incredible what they've achieved.

Imagine finishing above Chelsea, Man United, Man City, Arsenal and, to a lesser extent, Liverpool and still not winning the league. Tottenham must be absolutely gutted. They'll never have a chance like that again.

Edit: By the way, the man who couldn't keep control of last night's game will be refereeing the FA Cup final.

Jack cw

Yeah, I can see thing being a factor. The fact that the guys on the pitch are 3 years older than the ones who won the CL is also playing against Bayern.
True but the extra experience might help them. Anyway, they need their best tonight.
Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt.

bjaelke

Champions League @ChampionsLeague

Bayern at home (2015/16 #UCL)
W 5-0 v Dinamo
W 5-1 v Arsenal
W 4-0 v Olympiacos
W 4-2 v Juve
W 1-0 v Benfica

6jRBsOp.gif

Clattenburg and those linesmen need to be benched for a bit too. They completely lost the plot. An embarrassing display for everyone involved. To think this sport still wants to keep replays out. Yeah, cause it is just so pure and there are never any delays or disruptions without them. Red cards need to happen during the match so the team getting hacked to bits gets to enjoy the benefit.

This retroactive shit is pointless. Imagine if it was Chelsea who was battling to the league or even a CL spot. What if Spurs next two matches were against the two teams Chelsea were in a points battle with? So Chelsea gets their players chopped down, etc, then a weakened Spurs side after all the post match bans, goes on to face the rivals of Chelsea. Such a moronic and dated system. Why not have a hour glass for game clock while we're at it. At this rate, we will see our first use of replay systems in the PL in 2045, when every single players has an onboard camera contact lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom