• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Jamie Vardy is a racist, Lionel Messi is a tax evader. Let's not diminish Spurs' achievement in finishing second this season.

Arsenal right now:

lion_cubs.jpg

2nd is still up for grabs.

Well then. Next season in the PL. What do people reckon will happen?

I'm betting on Leicester being comfortably upper-mid table, man city near the top, one of Arsenal or Tottenham completely imploding, Chelsea rising again, Man U being fierce again, West Ham slipping down, Liverpool staying near 7th...

I'm saying these things and not really believing it. I have no bloody clue what's gonna happen. Football eh?

GHG

Everyone saw what a degenerate team spurs really are, the FA better ban like 4 of those cunts.

What I loved most was the fact that Rose and Alderweild, 2 players who went off injured, were suddenly OK to fight at the end.

And then there was Vorm giving it large and nobody has even seen him all season. He wouldn't have even got a medal lmao.

I'm betting on Leicester being comfortably upper-mid table, man city near the top, one of Arsenal or Tottenham completely imploding, Chelsea rising again, Man U being fierce again, West Ham slipping down, Liverpool staying near 7th...

I'm saying these things and not really believing it. I have no bloody clue what's gonna happen. Football eh?

City will be champions next season

Man U will be shit unless LVG is fired.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Now I had a couple of Chelsea fellas at my house and there was some great fucking banter, the game itself lived up to my expectations, gut wrenching in the end but overall happy for Leicester.

I am scared to see what sanctions and bans come out of this one, Dembele...aww man.
Spurs are a bunch of pigs. Nasty football here.

It's a London Derby against Chelsea of all teams and as Carragher said, they were at high risk of being bullied if they didn't show up and you know what Chelsea for once were on the receiving end. I'm not a big fan of foul play but man they didn't like the taste of their own medicine.

Syder

Wenger wants the second place trophy.
You may have a point.

c6x2QUf.png

Spurs
(H) Southampton
(A) Newcastle

Arsenal
(A) Man City
(H) Aston Villa

Spurs will be without Alli and probably Dembélé and maybe even Walker and Pochettino... and anyone else that got caught up in that fracas at the end.

shoot_yourself_in_the_foot.jpg

As much as I hate Spurs, I fucking love all of their players and their manager. No cunts, no dirty bastards, just talented, hard-working lads.
I may have made an error of judgement.

Moobabe

Now I had a couple of Chelsea fellas at my house and there was some great fucking banter, the game itself lived up to my expectations, gut wrenching in the end but overall happy for Leicester.

I am scared to see what sanctions and bans come out of this one, Dembele...aww man.

It's a London Derby against Chelsea of all teams and as Carragher said, they were at high risk of being bullied if they didn't show up and you know what Chelsea for once were on the receiving end. I'm not a big fan of foul play but man they didn't like the taste of their own medicine.

Don't remember the last time we had 9 players booked, our manager ran onto the pitch and were likely to get two retrospective bans ALL from one match.

Le Saux made a good point on commentary - the Spurs lads will remember this feeling and next time, should they get there, will be able to control themselves better.

Still - a cracking game and a great season from Spurs.

The Spurs meltdown was one of the most entertaining things I've seen in football in a while.

By the way...

In Scotland, Dundee relegated their city rivals Dundee United at their home ground Dens.

The winning goal was scored by an 18 year old Dundee fan.

jrmanimal

Schmeichel; Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki and Vardy.

This team just won Premier League. Incredible. I hope for a great celebration next game.

I wouldn't sleep for days after winning Premier League with this team playing Football Manager :p

And why everybody here hates Tottenham? I always saw Tottenham as a really inoffensive team.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Schmeichel; Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki and Vardy.

This team just won Premier League. Incredible. I hope for a great celebration next game.

I wouldn't sleep for days after winning Premier League with this team playing Football Manager :p

And why everybody here hates Tottenham? I always saw Tottenham as a really inoffensive team.

any other year and Spurs would've been the underdog but the Leicester fairytale was just too good

also Ulloa deserves a lot of credit. Really stepped up when it counted.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

It's an age old thing as far as I know. My dads friends always used to tell me you could support any London club, just not Tottenham.

Jarnet87

I think we will see a much more traditional table come the end of next season. Could be the most money spent in a transfer window yet. Chelsea, City, and possibly United all with new managers who will throw out cash. Tottenham and Leicester will try and spend as they may lose some players and to try and beef up for UCL. then you've got Everton, Liverpool, West Ham trying to make a push. Hell things may get so crazy Arsene may spend big money on TWO players.

jrmanimal

any other year and Spurs would've been the underdog but the Leicester fairytale was just too good

also Ulloa deserves a lot of credit. Really stepped up when it counted.

But it looks like the hate is more than just for the moment.

Ulloa, King, Schlupp and Gray did good too. Also incredible the lack of depth in the squad. Not only lucky with injuries but also a great job without much rest and rotation.

I have no idea either.

City are essentially rebooting the entire club (not just a new manager) for new money stage two, so whatever that brings who the fuck knows. United fans are expecting a change of manager, whether they get that is yet to be seen but will be interesting either way as they aren't going to stand still. Chelsea are going to mix it up big as well, their team has some real class so a new manager and get rid of those how aren't pulling their weight makes them another club that wont have a season like this one. Tottenham apart from tonight the players had been decent all season and their manager was astute. Liverpool and West Ham could make a push but that all depends on the players they can sign. I hope Leicester give it a go but will be harder for them especially as some clubs will want to break them up, hopefully they can keep the majority of the team intact and add in a positive fashion.

The only thing that is for sure is Arsenal are going to be Arsenal.

El Topo

If Wenger stays Arsenal are not going to implode. Say what you want about him, but he's been pretty damn reliable, even in turmoil.

King_Moc

Banned
I can see us (Arsenal) imploding next season

Depends on our signings tbh

On the bright side, it seems likely that you probably only have one more year of Wenger. Then you'll have a couple of years in the wilderness while a new manager tries to impose his style on the team, then you'll be back.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
On the bright side, it seems likely that you probably only have one more year of Wenger. Then you'll have a couple of years in the wilderness while a new manager tries to impose his style on the team, then you'll be back.

We're fucked when Wenger leaves

Lima

Congratulations to Leicester!

and omg... we are playing today too. we gonna lose innit?

and lol stuttgart. get rekt.

I feel like 1 goal is doable against Athelico. If Athelico score a goal the match is over. No way in hell will Bayern score 3 goals against that magnificent defense. I'm betting on 1-0 for Bayern after 120 minutes and then dat penalty shootout. My poor heart.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No we're not. We will be free. There will be an adjustment period but his ideas, training methods and tactics have all gotten very stale. We need a fresh approach.

Who, realistically can and will come in that will improve the team and have us winning titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom