• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

City have had the problem for a long time that they have no decent partner/back-up to Agüero. This means two things; when he's injured they score a lot fewer goals and they cannot play 4-4-2. Iheanacho looks to be growing into a top level striker but he's not ready to be thrown into the starting XI upfront with Agüero against the top sides.

Also, they need a replacement (or two) for Kompany and getting the deadwood like Yaya out the door is vital.

pepbigheadcjpc0.png

Massive overhaul next season?

Needs to be. If you can't get motivated for a game like that then something is clearly wrong.

After Mancini it was nice to have such a placid manager but it feels like it has gone way too far the other way. Watching the highlights with Mancini and Mourinho last time the teams played showed how much passion had been lost.

Cormano

Needs to be. If you can't get motivated for a game like that then something is clearly wrong.

After Mancini it was nice to have such a placid manager but it feels like it has gone way too far the other way. Watching the highlights with Mancini and Mourinho last time the teams played showed how much passion had been lost.

I see at least 7 players leaving City before next season starts.

Syder

Can't believe people were giving City a chance before this match. Biggest surprise was Real not scoring a lot more.

Tubie

Can't believe people were giving City a chance before this match. Biggest surprise was Real not scoring a lot more.

I haven't been following them this season so I thought they were a much better team that simply had a bad game in the first leg.

weekev

Banned
Great result in the big match tonight. Raith now taking a 1 goal lead back to Easter Road on Saturday. Sorry was there another game on?

sora87

It's gonna be fun seeing what Pep does with City.
His two previous clubs he's walked in to dominating teams who didn't need much tinkering. City need a huge overhaul and they've fallen behind a few teams the past 2 years.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I have no idea why he was playing so deep.

Rarely ever made runs forward.

This is not the Aguero I remember from his Atletico years.
Last match he didn't get a single touch in the box did he?

Not long ago people were complaining about how he deserves PFA player of the year...

Focus on the CL all season, and then put in a performance like that. I wonder if they have anything left in the tank for the Arsenal and Swansea matches.

Diabelli

One of the most abject performances I've ever seen in a CL semi. They're literally one goal away from reaching their first ever final, and they're strolling around the pitch like it's a friendly. No pressure, no grit, no determination, no anything. Arsenal really should be beating them, because half the players and the manager have stopped caring because they know they're out of the door anyway. But it's Arsenal...

And I know Aguero is the second leading scorer in the premier league with the best goals-to-minutes ratio, but I've definitely noticed a decline in his general play. I'm not saying he's donkey Falcao or Rooney yet, but those injuries are starting to catch up to him. We'll finally see if Pep is a GOAT manager if he manages to turn City into a proper European force without a great base to start with. I know I risk going all Brentan, but I think he's going to have a rude awakening trying to sort out that sorry squad.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Focus on the CL all season, and then put in a performance like that. I wonder if they have anything left in the tank for the Arsenal and Swansea matches.

don't give me the heebiejeebies.

Maybe not POTY but the fact that he's never been in the Team of the Year in 5 years is pretty astounding.
Shit luck I guess, but he plain didn't deserve it this year.

No shots on target in last 5 CL games either.

shocking, he'd better fucking kick his arse into gear because I'm not about finishing third after our best PL season ever

Syder

Shit luck I guess, but he plain didn't deserve it this year.
Being in with a shot of being top scorer this season despite being in an underachieving side and being plagued with injuries is a testament to his talent.

As for his exclusion from the PFA TOTY running, I think it's because that organisation likes to reward newcomers and overachievers. We expect Sergio Agüero to get 20+ goals every season. If Agüero's play has been scuppered in recent years it's because of injury and not being in a team deserving of his quality. He is the highest South American scorer in the history of the Premier League, and reached 100 goals faster than any player excluding Shearer.

Fdkn

City didn't try to score a goal in 180minutes, so... that's what they got.

First leg it should've been 0-2, today more or less the same.. but welp, I hope we get everyone healthy for the final.

GHG

I fell asleep in the first leg of this game and I fell asleep in the second leg. Real Madrid and Manchester City, I commend you for your consistency, well done.

Pachimari

Since I'm on vacation I didn't have a chance to watch our Champions League games but I am damn happy that we beat City and progressed to the final. When is the final being played?

And is the other semi-final being played today?

Lunar FC

Since I'm on vacation I didn't have a chance to watch out Champions League games but I am damn happy that we beat City and progressed to the final. When is the final being played?

And is the other semi-final being played today?

The other semi-final was yesterday. Bayern won 2-1 but Atletico advanced on away goals. Champions League final is May 28th.

GHG

Shots on target by Sergio Agüero in his last 5 Champions League games: 0 vs. Real Madrid 0 vs. Real Madrid 0 vs. PSG 0 vs. PSG 0 vs. Kyiv

This guy is the very definition of a flat track bully at the moment.

T-Rex.

Banned
So nervous before tonight's game. Can potentially playing is a massive boost and Sturridge just has to start. It'll be tough but I think we'll do it. Our European record at Anfield is incredible and, like Dortmund, hopefully they choke a bit under the pressure.

longdi

Banned
Shots on target by Sergio Agüero in his last 5 Champions League games: 0 vs. Real Madrid 0 vs. Real Madrid 0 vs. PSG 0 vs. PSG 0 vs. Kyiv

This guy is the very definition of a flat track bully at the moment.

Aguero is worthless without the ball played into his runs into space. He has shitty dribbling and close control skills, even Rooney is better than him at that. Playing as wide attacker obviously will fail in big games

GHG

Aguero is worthless without the ball played into his runs into space. He has shitty dribbling and close control skills, even Rooney is better than him at that. Playing as wide attacker obviously will fail in big games

Come on now... Let's not go overboard here.

spidye

You are right of course, we nitpick but somehow since Pep came a kind of irrational expectation about winning everything started in the minds of many supporters. I guess all the success in the last couple of years was too much for us. Humility is something everybody outside the club lost. I won't complain though, the team played phenomenal yesterday and was unlucky. Happens. Now we have two titles to win and maybe Ancelotti is the one who leads us to the promised land. Doubt it though.
Talking about humility
remember that time when fraudiola announced bundesliga is over mid march. When he played his c-team and deliberately sabotaged the relegation campaign of other teams. That's what I call disrespectful.
And the next year he did the same when we thought he must have learned from his mistakes

He still thinks gladbach and augsburg are like those spanish fodder teams and thank fuck he kept loosing to them.

gerudoman

Currently looking for tickets for the Tibet just in case, I don't want to live in Madrid anymore if Atlético happens to win the UCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom