• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. I think he has been the liability this season and last. If fit he will play because he is captain and a quality player but you can't build a defensive line around a player that is out so much. Any other player and he would be out of the team. When Otamendi and Mangala get a run together they start to come good, then Komany comes back changes the system up, gets injured the next game and Otamendi and Mangala have to switch back, usually mid game.

Nice goal from Bale though.

I dunno man, Mangala's positioning is just so poor that he needs Kompany to solidify the line. Otamendi can manage but I would almost rather play Kolarov than Mangala.

jrmanimal

Not that bad for City. They had only one good attack, but not an awful position to be.

And City could go with the goold old Demichelis!

City still well in this, for all of Madrids domination and nice play they haven't had any big chances. Biggest problem for City is Aguero looks out of it and their best alternative is a kid.

Gothos

Toure looks like a guy who would be glad to go out on the field and go home home after 1 minute of play with this starting lineup bonus in the pocket. This guy is done.

I dunno man, Mangala's positioning is just so poor that he needs Kompany to solidify the line. Otamendi can manage but I would almost rather play Kolarov than Mangala.

I agree with both you and Beefy that the big quim isn't good enough. But when you have a player that has the amount of injuries he has had in one season and appears to be chronic then you can't place him at the core. Either that or he is going to be in a wheelchair in five years time.

Hopefully City manages to equalize somehow and make the game interesting again. Laughable if that goal by Bale is going to be the one deciding this game,

la_briola

looool ronaldo
laugh.gif

dunked.

Cess007

he was miles offside and knew it. The ref and him had a little laugh after.

although the ball probably would've stayed in play so he really should've been booked

Yes, i noticed he was offside after i posted; i still think it's an incredible amusing play :p

Edit: LOL

fofspg.jpg

Lima

To the surprise of no one this match is almost as shitty as the first leg. Both Atletico vs Bayern matches were so much better. Especially the one last night was night and day compared to this.

Atletico pls win CL.

mauaus

To the surprise of no one this match is almost as shitty as the first leg. Both Atletico vs Bayern matches were so much better. Especially the one last night was night and day compared to this.

Atletico pls win CL.

Last nights game was amazing, this is a snoozefest of bad football and an accidental goal in comparison

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
All we can hope for now is an Atletico win in the final.

City doing english football's stigma no favors here.

Leicester will do us proud

I can't imagine Vardy plodding about in a game like this

edit: hahaha he went for the shot. gtfo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom