• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
mad how many shit players and one shit manager suarez made look good that year

what a player
Don't buy that. Sterling was our best player from February onwards and still looked good the following season. He can't finish for shit and lacks composure but he's a massively talented player. Certainly a helluva lot better than what he's shown at City. I think he has to be played through the middle rather than on the wings.

jrmanimal

I'll sure have a better time watching Libertadores tonight.

Really apathetic game overall. I really hope Atletico is the team to take this Champions League to Madrid.

sora87

I just don't understand, City were playing like they had an away goal. Just no desire to get forward or even give it a go. Rubbish.

Leicester will do us proud

I can't imagine Vardy plodding about in a game like this

Least you know they'll actually give it a shot!

Don't buy that. Sterling was our best player from February onwards and still looked good the following season. He can't finish for shit and lacks composure but he's a massively talented player. Certainly a helluva lot better than what he's shown at City. I think he has to be played through the middle rather than on the wings.

Liverpool's best lineup that year was Sturridge and Suarez up top with Sterling behind him in a midfield diamond. Not a chance he'd start there for City over De Bruyne though.

T-Rex.

Banned
Liverpool's best lineup that year was Sturridge and Suarez up top with Sterling behind him in a midfield diamond. Not a chance he'd start there for City over De Bruyne though.
Definitely. De Bruyne's incredible and his output is a lot better than Sterling's so he deserves to be in that position ahead of him but Sterling is wasted on the wings.

Who knows, maybe Pep will play him as a false 9.

Beefy

ChotqMjXEAI9Vdi.jpg

From Paddy Power.

Only player that seemed to give a crap from City was Fernandinho. As a City fan I'm glad they aren't in the final if they pipped that at the end it would have been totally undeserved. Real didn't exactly play well either but at least they had something about them.

City is a disgrace to football. You just can't play like this in a CL semi final, they should be banned for three years.

And I wouldn't make any deductions from these games concerning Real. They did the very minimum to go through and they were at no point in danger.

Beefy

Only player that seemed to give a crap from City was Fernandinho. As a City fan I'm glad they aren't in the final if they pipped that at the end it would have been totally undeserved. Real didn't exactly play well either but at least they had something about them.

Massive overhaul next season?

Tubie

Both Madrid and Atletico now have 3 and a half weeks to prepare for the final (2 full weeks after the last league game).

I just hope both teams get there at 100%, I can definitely see this going either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom