• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Great game for Real. The team with Benzema and James it's a totally different animal than with Jese and Isco. Bale and James having two goals and Ronaldo none is an interesting start of the season.

Danilo and James work perfectly together.

inky

Babel is a salt-filled nutcase, but giving Bale that much freedom to move from the wings to the middle was always going to cause some overlapping with Ronaldo, who has transitioned his game to be more of a clinical finisher that plays on the wing. Suddenly the whole team is not playing for him.

He'll still get plenty of chances.

Tubie

Danilo really impressed me today, it's amazing how we have the option to play him or Carvajal. Can't go wrong with either of them.

Tubie

Let's get this started already! HALA MADRID!

CNmjK2eWsAADepd.jpg

James is just incredible.

I love James. I'm convinced he's going to be our MVP this year.

Ronaldo had his chances, 5 really good on-target shots, bad luck tonight. I kinda liked Bale taking shots from mid (his second goal), looked like his natural form.

Tubie

Ronaldo had his chances, 5 really good on-target shots, bad luck tonight. I kinda liked Bale taking shots from mid (his second goal), looked like his natural form.

He's definitely our most talented player.

His buyout fee really seems cheap now.

+3 points, check. That's what matters.

Rafa got his substitutions on point tonight, his tactics were also spot on. I really enjoyed how we were fluid throughout our formations as we changed on the fly.

Rafa needs some credit tonight.

+3 points, check. That's what matters.

Rafa got his substitutions on point tonight, his tactics were also spot on. I really enjoyed how we were fluid throughout our formations as we changed on the fly.

Rafa needs some credit tonight.

He won't get any til he wins a massive match from what I can tell. Any win aside from that will be shrugged off as 'yeah, well we should be beating them'

Cappa

Banned

him and Isco were already MVPs last year

nampad

Let me re-quote myself on this one:

I almost shitted myself 'cuz I couldn't believe he gave a pen. I just said I can see why he did, given his POV. Spahic had his back turned to Aytekin, thus masking the slight contact which (after reviewing it in slow mo) I can say of wasn't sufficient for a pen.

Those guys have to decide rapidly and as long as there is no video review implemented in the rules we will always have arguable decisions.

Just to say this afterwards:
Pen for Köln: arguable but still OK
"Pen" for Hamburg would have been a wrong call.

So I see Chelsea have Everton away next... yeah this situation may get worse before it gets better.

Unless in the next few days Rom goes mental with the credit card.

norinrad

Went back to watch the highlights of the Liverpool game, how does Brenda continue to make the same mistakes over and over again? Benteke seems to be Struggling as a lone striker and a year from now he'd be in the same boat as Mario. I cannot understand why he insists on playing a lone striker when there's no one around to feed said lone striker, at this rate theres no difference between Brenda and a turkey. Christmas is coming

Just to say this afterwards:

Am I expressing myself wrong here?

All I said is that the pen for Köln was OK from where the ref was standing. There is contact, it's only a matter how you rate it. Had he had another angle on it it wouldn't have been. Simple as that.

The supposed pen for Hamburg would have been a wrong call. Of course handball is one of the most controversial soccer rules and solely a subjective thing. Risse isn't in anyway magnifying his body area nor is his arm position unnatural. So the solely remaining criteria for a handball is intention, with is (in my opinion) diminished by the ultra short shot distance. But again: different people, different perceptions.

And last but not least: Aytekin wasn't in Hamburg's fitting room and neither did he apologize to Spahic.

spidye

England is collapsing on it's own money
This so much!!!

This summer was just insane. I wonder when the teams will learn.
It only harms the national team but nobody probably cares if the owners of the top teams are saudi sheikhs, russian oligarchs and american entrepeneurs

El Topo

I wish Dante the best. It's a bit unfortunate how he got the shaft under Pep. He was still pretty good, even if occasionally sloppy. Understandable move for him though. Hope he'll surprise us positively.

spidye

I wish Dante the best. It's a bit unfortunate how he got the shaft under Pep. He was still pretty good, even if occasionally sloppy. Understandable move for him though. Hope he'll surprise us positively.

he is a likeable guy but he was never good enogh for the team to be honest. his sloppyness nearly costed us the cl title

El Topo

he is a likeable guy but he was never good enogh for the team to be honest. his sloppyness nearly costed us the cl title

But ultimately he didn't cost us the title. Instead he paved the way for one of the most memorable moments in Bayern history.
You know who also nearly cost us a title? Andersson. Subsequently gave us the most dramatic finish in Bundesliga history.

I rest my nonsensical case.

PowderedToast

Went back to watch the highlights of the Liverpool game, how does Brenda continue to make the same mistakes over and over again? Benteke seems to be Struggling as a lone striker and a year from now he'd be in the same boat as Mario. I cannot understand why he insists on playing a lone striker when there's no one around to feed said lone striker, at this rate theres no difference between Brenda and a turkey. Christmas is coming

agreed, it's shocking.

i think i'm finally coming round to not thinking he's not good enough. i've given him a lot of slack because i want it to work. it wasn't that we lost, it's how much he misread and misunderstood the game. really really concerning.

So I see Chelsea have Everton away next... yeah this situation may get worse before it gets better.

Unless in the next few days Rom goes mental with the credit card.

You know it will be the same starting 11 as always, they are all tired and need a break.
If ivanovic starts yet again and plays 90 minutes then jose has mental problems.
I love the team but the amount of minutes those players have played without a proper rest is absurd.
We have so many other options yet never give those players the chance they deserve.
Everton away will be a huge test and unless we rotate nothing will change.

agreed, it's shocking.

i think i'm finally coming round to not thinking he's not good enough. i've given him a lot of slack because i want it to work. it wasn't that we lost, it's how much he misread and misunderstood the game. really really concerning.

I think I'm done with him if Lovren starts against Man Utd

Sakho is clearly the superior player, therefore its obvious that Rodgers' ego is taking precedent over what's good for the team. That is not acceptable, at all.

norinrad

I think I'm done with him if Lovren starts against Man Utd

Sakho is clearly the superior player, therefore its obvious that Rodgers' ego is taking precedent over what's good for the team. That is not acceptable, at all.

Whats the deal with Sakho anyway? How come he's stuck on bench warming?

Whats the deal with Sakho anyway? How come he's stuck on bench warming?

Aforementioned ego

Rodgers seems desperate to get Lovren in the team and playing to his 13/14 standard, and we've conceded countless goals because of it.

Get the feeling that Sakho was a signing made by Rodgers and the committee, while Lovren was all Rodgers, and therefore something of a pet project.

He's never going to work out here, his decision-making is just too poor when we're not parking something of a bus. Rodgers is probably the only person in the world who has a vested interest in seeing us do well, who thinks that Lovren should be playing instead of Sakho. Not that Sakho's brilliant or anything, but Lovren is atrocious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the flying fuck is up with Chelsea this year?

My Benfica is a disgrace this year but damn Mourinho o_O

also, heres a random gif of Raul Jimenez first goal for us, hopefully he will have more luck with us than he had at Atletico Madrid

8ncgbjvkmau5.gif

Portugeezer

what the flying fuck is up with Chelsea this year?

My Benfica is a disgrace this year but damn Mourinho o_O

also, heres a random gif of Raul Jimenez first goal for us, hopefully he will have more luck with us than he had at Atletico Madrid

http://abload.de/img/8ncgbjvkmau5.gif
Ugh, what a terrible game.

As a Porto fan, I was happy, then angry, then happy again, then WTF angry. So many goals in 15 minutes... don't play with me like that.

Anyway, here's hoping that Zpoooorting fuck up.

Mourinho will relish this and win Champions League, don't worry.

TrueBlue

55 million?

Is he worth that Bundesliga peeps? I know he's been really good since leaving us, but that price seems a little high.

Then again, in a world where Sterling is worth 50 million, perhaps it's not such a jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom