• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

Rooney is not a striker, he needs to be dropped. He had two clear chances to put away but no the fat f**K was too busy moaning about a penalty.

so congrats city to the title?

I can't see their form collapsing, especially after the signing of KDB.
chelsea and united are still trying to find their form and don't propose any challenge for the title. at least for now

Arse will have a good run in a month or so, then fall away towards the end of the season.

Sanjay

Its funny but Hazards form is the same as Rooneys and hes getting no stick what so ever I think, I know this because my fantasy players are doing awful!

Kickz

so congrats city to the title?

I can't see their form collapsing, especially after the signing of KDB.
chelsea and united are still trying to find their form and don't propose any challenge for the title. at least for now

Yup, now if only we can do well in Europe

akileese

That is flat out silly money for De Bruyne. He's a fantastic player and all but good god almighty. Was the fee itself somewhere around £50-55m or was that including wages? I know Wolfsburg wanted to offer him a new deal that was like 2.5 times greater than his current salary so the offer from City had to be colossal.

e: I read on another forum that the Belgian media is reporting it at 350k euros per week. That is madness.

El Topo

That is flat out silly money for De Bruyne. He's a fantastic player and all but good god almighty. Was the fee itself somewhere around £50-55m or was that including wages? I know Wolfsburg wanted to offer him a new deal that was like 2.5 times greater than his current salary so the offer from City had to be colossal.

e: I read on another forum that the Belgian media is reporting it at 350k euros per week. That is madness.

Well, EPL has a ton of money and James was extremely expensive as well. It's today's market.
Not everyone has a bald genius like Sammer who gets talents at a good price. I...can't believe I just typed that.

Jarnet87

Brutal from United. Amazing that Rooney's best contribution of the day was not taking a touch on a ball that would get to Mata for the score. I want to go back and look at his goals over the years and see if he used his left foot at all because he had two great scoring chances if he just uses the left. Instead he takes everything to his right which in the 2nd chance helped Williams make the tackle. Poor again except this time we got exposed at the back. We made Gomis look like prime Drogba out there.

Meier

Yaya Toure is City's top earner at £210k a week. De Bruyne is obviously not going to make more than him (your figure would be £254k) right from the start, let alone at any point in the near future. Players all make significant bonuses though based on their team and individual success, so it's entirely possible that if we win everything, he could get near that figure.

Jarnet87

50m euro for Martial LMAO.

now they want 60M and Rojo on loan according to latest reports. Never seen Martial play, everyone says hes super talented and could be a star but he's only 19. I don't care what we spend get another striker, especially if Chicharito is off to Leverkusen. We could get Griezmann but I question if he would even fit into van gaals playing style.

raven777

now they want 60M and Rojo on loan according to latest reports. Never seen Martial play, everyone says hes super talented and could be a star but he's only 19. I don't care what we spend get another striker, especially if Chicharito is off to Leverkusen. We could get Griezmann but I question if he would even fit into van gaals playing style.

It's a fucking joke. He might have potential but we need someone with experience that can have instant impact.

Blablurn

Let's seeeee what our starting formation has to offer

--------------------------------- Neuer

Lahm ------------Boateng --------Benatia ---------- Alaba

------------------Vidal------------------Thiago

Robben ----------------------Müller-------------------Costa

------------------------------- Lewandowski

2)

------------------------------------- Ulreich

Rafinha ---------------- Martinez ---------- Badstuber ---------- Bernat

------------------------------ Alonso ----------- Rode

Coman -------------------------------Götze----------------------------Ribery (?)

--------------------------------------------------- (?)

->

We have a solid first team. But it's gonna be dangerous if we have injuries again. Plus we have no replacement striker for Lewa.

Tubie

At this point Man U would have to pay his full 80M release clause. So basically what City just spent on KdB.

55m for Griezmann makes a lot more sense than 55m for De Bruyne.

Griezmann is insanely good and Atletico got lucky as fuck to get him for 30m euros when they paid his release clause from Sociedad.

You just need to watch one Atletico match to see how good he is and how he basically carries that entire teams attack with his pace and scoring ability.

Even if we paid, I think Griezmann will reject United. But yea I would love to see players like Griezmann or Reus come to United. Too bad it won't happen.

Yeah. :(

Griezmann is happy at Atletico, plus they are in the champion's league as well. he has little to no reason to move, and Reus is also quite happy at Dortmund. :/

I hope we can somehow sell Rooney. LVG please realize that he is not the one by now.

BigBoss

Yeah. :(

Griezmann is happy at Atletico, plus they are in the champion's league as well. he has little to no reason to move, and Reus is also quite happy at Dortmund. :/

I hope we can somehow sell Rooney. LVG please realize that he is not the one by now.

I don't think LVG could sell Rooney even if he wanted to, Rooney is on some ridiculous wages that no other team wants any part of.

norinrad

It's a fucking joke. He might have potential but we need someone with experience that can have instant impact.

Quick fixes do not always work, I think united will win the league next season, it takes time to build a great team and also replace shrek, he's old and cannot blackmail the club anymore.

I actually heard Gullit saying on Dutch TV how good Martial is for a 19 year old.

55m for Griezmann makes a lot more sense than 55m for De Bruyne.

Griezmann is insanely good and Atletico got lucky as fuck to get him for 30m euros when they paid his release clause from Sociedad.

You just need to watch one Atletico match to see how good he is and how he basically carries that entire teams attack with his pace and scoring ability.

Did you watch any Wolfsburg game at all last season? KDB basically made Wolfsburg a Bayern contender, as seen in the Super Cup final. Furthermore he was elected player of the season. Regardless, I highly doubt that he will have the same amount of impact on City's game.

norinrad

Have we signed anyone yet?

I hear Reus is coming to replace that fat f**k who cannot even kick a ball into an empty goal. Two great chances and he screwed both up. Rooney is going to be LvGs downfall.

United needs to look at the Portuguese competition and grab a striker from there.

bjaelke

Some weekend that was. This international break is like a visit from a long lost friend. That, and the end of the transfer window.

http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/leagues_transfer_window.htm

+3 points, check. That's what matters.

Rafa got his substitutions on point tonight, his tactics were also spot on. I really enjoyed how we were fluid throughout our formations as we changed on the fly.

Rafa needs some credit tonight.

the waiter will eventually get you to the top of the table

--

Martinez has praised Stones' attitude in dealing with this saga throughout and suggested the decision to hand in a request to leave was not the defender's choice.

"He's such a professional," the Everton boss said. "I had other situations where I had players who couldn't cope and couldn't play.

"I had windows where I had to leave players out completely and when the window closed get him back in the team and what that represents – winning his team-mates over and the fans over.

"With John, it's very easy because he's a pristine professional. Obviously he's been put under massive, massive pressure. The transfer request was something he didn't mean to do."

Asked if Stones had expressed regret to him over the transfer request, Martinez added: "No, no, no. We haven't spoken about that. All we've been speaking about is the game and what we need to do. He's been a leader in that.
zAR3GvC.gif

I hear Reus is coming to replace that fat f**k who cannot even kick a ball into an empty goal. Two great chances and he screwed both up. Rooney is going to be LvGs downfall.

United needs to look at the Portuguese competition and grab a striker from there.
I hear that Reus rumors are so 2012 because that's when he signed for his favourite club.

Did you watch any Wolfsburg game at all last season?
Dude, nobody watches Wolfsburg matches.

Hoping West Ham can pull off a few good deals.

When Carroll and Valencia are back, we'll have Sakho, Lanzini and Zarate there too. I hope we don't sign that Spurs striker who must not be named.

A couple of central midfielders would be nice. Moses is a good start.

Need something more central though. Song's injury must be worse than we thought as we were well up for him, then went cold. We'd agreed a deal with the player so it must be the injury.

Stulaw

Hoping West Ham can pull off a few good deals.

When Carroll and Valencia are back, we'll have Sakho, Lanzini and Zarate there too. I hope we don't sign that Spurs striker who must not be named.

A couple of central midfielders would be nice. Moses is a good start.

Need something more central though. Song's injury must be worse than we thought as we were well up for him, then went cold. We'd agreed a deal with the player so it must be the injury.

Apparently we're giving Jelavic a medical today...

Hernandez has joined Bayer Leverkusen, but he was apparently demanding really high wages.

But yeah, our squads looking thin with the injuries.

Apparently we're giving Jelavic a medical today...

Hernandez has going to Bayer Leverkusen, but he was apparently demanding really high wages.

But yeah, our squads looking thin with the injuries.

....and string of red cards.

We had four academy players on the bench for Liverpool didn't we?

Jelavic is a good player. He has a good brain. Like Sheringham did. He just knows when to move or stay still.

norinrad

He apparently asked for £100k a week and £90k per goal or something, in other words, he and his agent just didn't want the move to West Ham.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...er-League-transfer-news-and-rumours-live.html

You have to scroll down a bit on the page.

Edit: Claret & Hugh say it was £130k per week with £50-80k per goal bonus.

Ahaha anyway, I'd surprise if Nasri goes to United. His days are over at City it seems.

Also I'm getting sick of the whole De Gea saga, he obviously only listens to his girlfriend and really wants to leave, let him go already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom